The Brett Farve Experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Brett Farve Experiment

As a Packer fan from northern WI, the old Farve really ticked me off w all his BS he pulled. Don't care what you say cause I won't listen cause I wanna hate him so there . This sums up what I think of him.

And I can't wait to see AJ Hawk tear him in half
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I would probably feel the same way as thumper if I was a Packers fan. But as a long-suffering Vikes fan, that last drive felt different. Instead of presuming the Vikes would lose, as I usually would have with the QB play we've had for about 20 years (Culpepper wouldn't have been able to do that) I was thinking: We've still got a chance.

To me, that's what Favre brings to the Vikings. He knows how things work (on that last play, he held the ball a ridiculously long time, putting himself at risk, so he could "drill" the ball rather than floating it up for grabs). Culpepper wouldn't have done that. And Jackson wouldn't know enough to do that.

Sorry, Favre-haters. He makes the Vikings better. Now if they can just pass block for him. That Loadholdt rookie is a disaster at right tackle.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        I would probably feel the same way as thumper if I was a Packers fan. But as a long-suffering Vikes fan, that last drive felt different. Instead of presuming the Vikes would lose, as I usually would have with the QB play we've had for about 20 years (Culpepper wouldn't have been able to do that) I was thinking: We've still got a chance.

To me, that's what Favre brings to the Vikings. He knows how things work (on that last play, he held the ball a ridiculously long time, putting himself at risk, so he could "drill" the ball rather than floating it up for grabs). Culpepper wouldn't have done that. And Jackson wouldn't know enough to do that.

Sorry, Favre-haters. He makes the Vikings better. Now if they can just pass block for him. That Loadholdt rookie is a disaster at right tackle.

Oh no doubt, Favre is still a solid qb w loads of experience. I think right now honestly I prefer Rodgers, if you look at the stats he is a better qb. But Favre still has that intangible X-factor at the end of games, the dink.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
          Oh no doubt, Favre is still a solid qb w loads of experience. I think right now honestly I prefer Rodgers, if you look at the stats he is a better qb. But Favre still has that intangible X-factor at the end of games, the dink.
          Rodgers is solid. He's just going to get better. I'd have made the same choice if I was GM of the Packers. You couldn't keep him on the bench any longer behind Favre.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

No doubt Farve has an arm still. These 40 year old guys are an exception and indeed a rarity. You hope Brett can finish the season in one piece. His spectacular play yesterday is going to get all the defenders going in future games and they will be anything but gentle when they tear after Poor old Brett. Farve is still a kid in my mind and a long ways away from Social Security.

I can not help think of George Blanda the guy who did place kicking for a number of years after he was suppose to be done. Blanda was once the QB for the Chicago Bears. Seems like it was the Oakland Raiders that took a big chance on Blanda and it paid off. Born in 1927 he played for the Raiders until 1975 so he was 48 when he quit finally.

I am not into this Packer-Vikings rivalry, since I was a big Bear fan during the Ditka years. I miss the gum chewing coach. The Bears since have become a franchise of little interest for a bored NFL fan like me.

So now I am just a pickem fan trying to win a friendly pool run by family members and friends. Several Super bowls have gone by which I could not tell you who participants are let alone the claim to have watched every minute of them. I guess I am a real casual NFL fan. I rather watch the Jacks.

Comment

I posted this as my status message this morning on my Facebook page:

"Dear Brett: Sorry if it seemed like we were booing you on Sunday near the end of the game. We haven't had a real quarterback in nearly 9 years, and it was force of habit."

If you were in Madison Sunday afternoon and you heard someone screaming like a banshee, I just wanted to say... my bad! LOL

SKOL VIKINGS!!!
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

This is all starting to look familiar to me------Vikings get themselves in a hole, and miraculously escape, conning us fans into thinking that they just might have something special.....

When, realistically, they shouldn't've needed last second heroics to beat San Fran.

Comment

Tiny example of what I mean:

Code:
                        X   X  X

X   X   X   X
                   O   O O O O O O  O  O
                           O

O
                  Vikings line up in that set in the 2nd quarter, TE & 2 wideouts on the right, and they called a pitch out on an end around run to the LEFT.

The O-linemen all pulled right off the snap and left the 49er left defensive end WIDE OPEN with a perfectly clear shot to the RB. Tackled for an 8 yard loss.

Vikings line up for second down in the exact same formation & Favre has to call a time out.

Vikings line up in the same formation again, run it up the gut for 2 yards.

I forget what happened after that--except that they ran it out of the same formation--as I was by then thoroughly disgusted with what I've seen over and over and over and over with Childress: 'too cute' playcalling.

Did Childress honestly think that stacking the right side of the line and leaving the left side wide open would result in good things on a pitchout to the left? The LEAST he could've done was put the TE on the left side to have an extra blocker on that side for the DE--and even at that it's an incredibly marginal play.

I have seen so many 'cute' Vikings plays for negative or negligible yardage that I just can't stand watching them play anymore. It's not fun to watch bad playcalling, regardless of how talented the players are.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                    Tiny example of what I mean:

Code:
                          X   X  X

X   X   X   X
                     O   O O O O O O  O  O
                             O

O
                    Vikings line up in that set in the 2nd quarter, TE & 2 wideouts on the right, and they called a pitch out on an end around run to the LEFT.

The O-linemen all pulled right off the snap and left the 49er left defensive end WIDE OPEN with a perfectly clear shot to the RB. Tackled for an 8 yard loss.

Vikings line up for second down in the exact same formation & Favre has to call a time out.

Vikings line up in the same formation again, run it up the gut for 2 yards.

I forget what happened after that--except that they ran it out of the same formation--as I was by then thoroughly disgusted with what I've seen over and over and over and over with Childress: 'too cute' playcalling.

Did Childress honestly think that stacking the right side of the line and leaving the left side wide open would result in good things on a pitchout to the left? The LEAST he could've done was put the TE on the left side to have an extra blocker on that side for the DE--and even at that it's an incredibly marginal play.

I have seen so many 'cute' Vikings plays for negative or negligible yardage that I just can't stand watching them play anymore. It's not fun to watch bad playcalling, regardless of how talented the players are.
                    That play used to work in Tecmo Bowl, why wouldn't it work against the Niners?

Doesn't Adrian Peterson = Bo Jackson?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                      That play used to work in Tecmo Bowl, why wouldn't it work against the Niners?

Doesn't Adrian Peterson = Bo Jackson?
                      Thing is, Childress keeps pulling stuff like that because he's convinced that those are sound plays, if only the offense would execute them properly.

Like the left tackle that couldn't get position on the 'Niners' right end.

It's not as though the PLAY were lame, it's that the left tackle didn't magically jump two feet to his left when the ball was snapped in order to have position on the 'Niners' end.

(Oh, and BTW, I should've said that the Vikings linemen pulled right, and the 'Niners' right DE was clear all the way to the ball carrier--which was Percy Harvin, I think. Some days I can't tell my right from my left. Hey (insert lightbulb) maybe I've got a shot at landing a coaching gig with the Vikes!!)

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                        Thing is, Childress keeps pulling stuff like that because he's convinced that those are sound plays, if only the offense would execute them properly.

Like the left tackle that couldn't get position on the 'Niners' right end.

It's not as though the PLAY were lame, it's that the left tackle didn't magically jump two feet to his left when the ball was snapped in order to have position on the 'Niners' end.

(Oh, and BTW, I should've said that the Vikings linemen pulled right, and the 'Niners' right DE was clear all the way to the ball carrier--which was Percy Harvin, I think. Some days I can't tell my right from my left. Hey (insert lightbulb) maybe I've got a shot at landing a coaching gig with the Vikes!!)
                        No doubt, if anybody can screw this up, it's Chilly.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Looking forward to this game tonight. I really don't know what is going to happen. I know that a few of us are heading up to The Boiling Point in Brandon to have a couple of beers and watch this one.

I'm pulling out my Stuessie #73 road Vikings jersey for nostaglic reasons tonight. If you're in Brandon, stop by and say hi.
                          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Go Pack! Thats all the good insight I have for the game besides that I hope Favre gets sacked HARD about ten times, the dirty dog

Comment

Go Pack! Thats all the good insight I have for the game besides that I hope Favre gets sacked HARD about ten times, the dirty dog
                              Yeah how is that working out for ya?

Comment

Favre didn't get sacked once, but Rodgers got sacked SEVEN times...ouch

Comment

Working...
                                X