Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by goon View Post
    The bucks if they are smart would end up with Either parker, Randle or Wiggins to start. Probably parker and randle are more NBA ready but Wiggins might have a bigger ceiling. but The bucks would probably be smart to trade to get another 1st round draft pick if they can since it should be a rather deep draft class from the looks of it.
    To be honest , if the Bucks were smart they wouldn't be the dumpster fire that they currently are.

Comment

The bucks if they are smart would end up with Either parker, Randle or Wiggins to start. Probably parker and randle are more NBA ready but Wiggins might have a bigger ceiling. but The bucks would probably be smart to trade to get another 1st round draft pick if they can since it should be a rather deep draft class from the looks of it.
      They are far from guaranteed the top pick in the draft, though. The worst record in the league gives them the best chance at the top pick.

According to a quick wikipedia check, the worst team in the league has received the top pick 4 times since 1985. There is no guarantee Parker, Randle, or Wiggins will even be available by the time its their turn to draft.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Give me Embiid over any other prospect in the draft. Greek Freak is likely going to grow to 7' and his ever expanding perimeter game means he has major upside at 3 esp. being only 19. Henson also has potential from his length and is only 23 so he could fit the 4. If the Bucks could get rid of Larry Sanders, Neal, and OJ Mayo though unlikely and draft Embiid and pick up a pg such as Bledsoe(Unlikely), Lowry or a pg similar in free agency. That team would not be too bad if they found a sniper at the 2 guard as well. Would be tough though.
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          They are far from guaranteed the top pick in the draft, though. The worst record in the league gives them the best chance at the top pick.

According to a quick wikipedia check, the worst team in the league has received the top pick 4 times since 1985. There is no guarantee Parker, Randle, or Wiggins will even be available by the time its their turn to draft.
          I would think they have a good chance at getting the a top 3 pick. eitherway there is good talent or maybe they try to trade up for top 3. guess depends on who all does delcare for the draft. as a duke fan i wouldnt mind seeing parker stay a year longer in college. honestly Wiggins could probably benefit from it too, but if the 3 declare they look like the top 3 picks that i can think of at this point. subject to change though.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            To be honest , if the Bucks were smart they wouldn't be the dumpster fire that they currently are.
            Well they did make the playoffs last year. so its not like they are totally incompetent. but the signings they made this year and did not piece a good team together by anymeans. in a lot of articles though talk about how they did great in the draft last year. So drafting seems like they can pick talent, just need to piece a team together. They have enough young guys probbably easy to move, or build a core with a good draft pick.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Worst overall record can't pick worse than 3 or 4. Can't remember the actual number, but by getting the worst record, it guarantees at least a certain draft choice.

ETA: Top 4 guaranteed.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I would think they have a good chance at getting the a top 3 pick. eitherway there is good talent or maybe they try to trade up for top 3. guess depends on who all does delcare for the draft. as a duke fan i wouldnt mind seeing parker stay a year longer in college. honestly Wiggins could probably benefit from it too, but if the 3 declare they look like the top 3 picks that i can think of at this point. subject to change though.
                Joel Embiid is going to be the first pick in the draft. Has more potential and upside than any of the other 3 freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                  Joel Embiid is going to be the first pick in the draft. Has more potential and upside than any of the other 3 freshman.
                  I haven't seen him play but I feel pretty good about the other 3 and if he is going 1st where ever the bucks end up will get something pretty good that can make an impact right away.

Comment

I haven't seen him play but I feel pretty good about the other 3 and if he is going 1st where ever the bucks end up will get something pretty good that can make an impact right away.
                    This is only about his third year of playing basketball. He's also a former soccer and volleyball player from Cameroon who was discovered at a camp. Here's a good story on his journey from being an unknown to being a potential #1 draft pick. http://www.espn.go.com/mens-college-...-best-freshman

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                      Joel Embiid is going to be the first pick in the draft.
                      That's a pretty bold statement at this point in the year with Wiggins and Parker out there. Care to make a wager???

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                        That's a pretty bold statement at this point in the year with Wiggins and Parker out there. Care to make a wager???
                        It's not really that bold... Ya I'll make a wager but if he stays in school it's off.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                          I think Embiid will be the top pick as well. However, it could come down to need if choosing between Parker, Wiggins, and Embiid.

I think Randle drops below Gordon and Smart.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I'll be shocked if there is a franchise player in this draft. A lot of All-Star caliber players, but no franchise guys. Embiid has the highest upside, but there's no guarantee.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              I'll be shocked if there is a franchise player in this draft. A lot of All-Star caliber players, but no franchise guys. Embiid has the highest upside, but there's no guarantee.
                              Compared to last year this draft is pretty stacked. The top guys projecting probably make the teams they go to instantly better.

Comment

Just a few random thoughts.....

- Last game the against the Spurs Drew called a time out less than a minute in...WTF. One of many questionable things he has done that shows a lack of preparedness. I'm really not seeing a future for him as a coach with this team.
                                - With all the change over and youth I can't picture this team not headed for the lottery again next year, just hope there will be enough harmony to get the team through tough times.
                                - I also read the comments about the Bucks being enamored with Smart. I have heard some comments along the same lines coming out of Orlando. I can't help but think there is a little gamesmanship going on right now.
                                - I know that Henson and Sanders are great rim protectors but their lack of bulk is an issue on the inside. They were manhandled against both Houston and San Antonio. Maybe if they were on the floor together they could give each other support on the defensive end, but with each being unable to score from beyond 8ft that creates quite the hole on the offensive end.
                                - It also will be interesting to see if Ridnour misses much with the sprained wrist. It could open some time for Nate until he comes back although Neal was the first sub in at PG the other night after Luke went out.
                                - In the lottery you can pick no lower than 3 places from your finish. So if the Bucks finished worst, then 4th is the lowest they could go. The odds of the first pick are .250, the 2nd pick .215, the 3rd pick .178 and the 4th pick is .357. It must be a little nerve wracking for the Bucks knowing that their odds are greatest of going 4th and most people are talking of 3 players (Embiid, Wiggins and Parker).
                                - I'm telling you now that if the Lakers or Bulls finish with the top pick I'm screaming fix!

Comment

Working...
                                X