Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Bucks vs Pacers tonight:

George Hill (IUPUI) vs Nate Wolters (SDSU)

Who would have thought that there would be a game in the NBA where 2 former Summit League players would be starting/playing against each other. Hope Nate gets the start again tonight!

Comment

According to Bucks Paskell - Yes, Nate will start. #1 asst/TO ratio in the league and in top 5 for NBA rookies in time/game, ppg, and assists. ONLY BUCKS 2nd rounder EVER to play 30+ min in FIRST NBA game.

We were all hoping that Nate would get the opportunity to shine in the NBA. He could not have ended up in a more conducive situation to get lots of playing time, at point, and hone his play-making abilities than were he is at. He has been, according to Bucks and Milwaukee area media, THE bright spot in the injury-riddled roster of the BUCKS.

Would love to see him lead the Bucks past a very talented, 8-0 Pacer team. But expect that the short bench of the Bucks again lead to another 4th qtr collapse. Bucks need team members that are able to play NOW, rather than in the future.

Comment

Disagree. The best thing that the Bucks can hope for is to fall apart with this draft class that's coming up. If they compete now, they are a 6-8 seed in the East and will get steamrolled by the Bulls, Heat or Pacers in the first round. Better to bottom out and rebuild through the draft than to stay mediocre.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
          PS - How'd that game go for Duke last night goon?
          Congrats on the win.

By the way, how did today go for you?

Comment

just clicked on the boxscore while at work to see how naters is doing, he is the top performer for the bucks as of now, 6 pt, 2, rebounds, 3 ast, 2 steals 1 block for the first half. not bad. His doing good in the NBA takes the sting off of how the basketball teams at SDSU started this year so far.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

When OJ Mayo is your "best player", your just not going to do well in the NBA. The best thing for the Bucks is to get a lottery pick and start over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Oj Mayo, Caron Butler, and Gary Neal are a basketball vortex. The ball is passed to them and never comes back out. Some of the shots I've seen them take are brutal.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                  When OJ Mayo is your "best player", your just not going to do well in the NBA. The best thing for the Bucks is to get a lottery pick and start over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Yeah bucks would be instantly better if they got a top 3 pick. Almost getting top 3 picks is all you need. Imagine bucks getting wiggins parker or randel. I don't think you could go wrong with those 3.

It just seems wrong to me that a professional team would purposely suck just to try to get a better pick. To me regardless of circumstance I think every team owes it to themselves the fans and the league to give its best effort every game.I get the stategy I just don't like it. Its loser ball and loser talk imho to purposely not play your best. Its like don't fear the reaper and I need more cowbell I would be doing my self a discervice and every member of this band a discervice if I didn't try to play the hell out of this.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                    Congrats on the win.

By the way, how did today go for you?
                    After getting a couple recruits for next year I am doing just fine.

Oh I was going to make a comment about kulaws videos with rivers traveling and I wasn't going to argue. The kid tried to play like he was in the nba already and refs didn't call um when they should have. I mean he would launch deep threes nba range all the time sort of like that one he had at unc.

Comment

Well Dawkins played tonight and scored 17pts. He will be huge this year.

On a side note, I hope the Bucks compete by lose the rest of their games. There is nothing worse than consistently being an 8th seed in the NBA
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I officially don't understand +/-. Wolters and Hill had virtually identical stats, yet Hill was +18 and Wolters was -1.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

It shows how the team did when the player was in the game. For instance, the Pacers outscored Bucks by 18 when Hill was in game. Bucks were outscored by 1 when Nate was in game.

Comment

It's worthless.

What's concerning for me is Nate's shooting percentage from 3. Not good.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              It's worthless.

What's concerning for me is Nate's shooting percentage from 3. Not good.
                              You do understand he is a rookie and he is adjusting to a very different game? Its the NBA, everything is faster the players are bigger and more athletic. If you listen to his coaches and interviews with Nate, he is there to run the offense, not score 30 per game. His shot will come, give the guy time.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                                You do understand he is a rookie and he is adjusting to a very different game? Its the NBA, everything is faster the players are bigger and more athletic. If you listen to his coaches and interviews with Nate, he is there to run the offense, not score 30 per game. His shot will come, give the guy time.
                                It's hard to run an offense when they don't have to respect your shot. I know it's starting to concern Bucks fans, I'm guessing the coaching staff won't be far behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X