Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wegher?

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
    I'm in the camp of let the kid get his head on straight and I'm not going to worry (or care) if or where he ends up playing. I'm a Hawkeye fan and SDSU fan, but him not playing or transferring isn't going to make or break my season. If the rumors are true about what's going on then he needs to man up and figure it out. As MD said, many people have dealt with the issue being rumored, and it's not criminial, academic or discipline.

And if it's about playing time, then he needs to decide if he feels he's good enough to be #1 for Hawkeyes, or if he needs to find a new home. Nut up young man, nut up!

I'm just going to say it. He has a girl that's pregnant correct and that's what you're referring to. It's not really a secret and not a big deal.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

It is nice to see that Coach Ferentz is trying to support Brandon while he sorts things out. It would be easy for a coach to say he has moved on with the talented players that he has and write off Brandon. I just hope Brandon can get things figured out so he can move on with his life and hopefully a strong collegiate football career.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...gher-situation

While I still root for nearly anyone who plays against Iowa, I have to respect Coach Ferentz and the track record of the Hawkeyes over the last several decades. Hopefully, Brandon can make the most of this time under their leadership. If it translates into gridiron success elsewhere, so be it.

Comment

I heard that Nebraska was trying to buy Wegher out.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

IMO, if Wegher does transfer, it's likely to USD. Ugh.... that was painful to type.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
            IMO, if Wegher does transfer, it's likely to USD. Ugh.... that was painful to type.
            Why do you say that?

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              I heard that Nebraska was trying to buy Wegher out.
              Classic! Nice job RR!

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Why do you say that?
                First, let me say that i think it's a big IF, that he transfers.

USD is is the highest level school that is driving distance for both him and her. With family support so close, this would make it easier for both of them to continue both their education and athletic careers.

Comment

USD is is the highest level school that is driving distance for both him and her. With family support so close, this would make it easier for both of them to continue both their education and athletic careers.
                  Where was it Wegher's dad played?
                  Last edited by Nidaros; 08-16-2010, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Bottom line? Nobody outside of that family knows anything about what's going on. I just hope he and his family will work it out and find the best situation for everyone involved.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

• Re: Wegher?

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Where was it Wegher's his dad played?
                      Duh... i know where Rick played.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        Bottom line? Nobody outside of that family knows anything about what's going on. I just hope he and his family will work it out and find the best situation for everyone involved.
                        Agreed. Brandon's a good kid. I hope it works out for him.

Comment

Just read this on Wegher and thought I'd share.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...25-iowa-wegher

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                            Just read this on Wegher and thought I'd share.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...25-iowa-wegher

I heard a pretty interesting rumor about this kid last night and why he wasn't coming back. I won't go into it but, if true, he has a lot on his table right now. I don't see him ever coming to SDSU in the near future. Only way would be if he got out of football for a couple years and decided to give it another try after getting things in order.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                              I heard a pretty interesting rumor about this kid last night and why he wasn't coming back. I won't go into it but, if true, he has a lot on his table right now. I don't see him ever coming to SDSU in the near future. Only way would be if he got out of football for a couple years and decided to give it another try after getting things in order.
                              Ahh trying to unring a bell.

Comment

They talked about Brandon on WNAX this morning. I think the reason for his absence is pretty well known now. Where he will end up if he plays college FB again is unknown. There are lots of rumors including the recurrent rumor involving SDSU.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X