Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wegher?

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Something's going on with Whegher, just can't tell what. The guy's got some strong Jackrabbit genes in him.

The Hawkeye message board can be a wild place (remember a couple years ago when the Iowa fans decided to use the restroom in the Metrodome for an unintended purpose? The posts on the Hawkeye board were hilarious -- and also quite devastating to the mom involved in the incident). But, rumors are often the stock in trade on the Hawkeye board.
    Jackrabbit fans- We obviously won't know the entire situation until the coaches or Wegher himself tells us the scoop. But I have heard from reliable sources from some friends in Iowa that his girlfriend is PG and that MIGHT have something to do with this. Again-I don't want to come off as a someone spreading a rumor but this is the latest. I will not say anymore about this until we KNOW for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by speedrabbit View Post
      jackrabbit fans- we obviously won't know the entire situation until the coaches or wegher himself tells us the scoop. But i have heard from reliable sources from some friends in iowa that his girlfriend is pg and that might have something to do with this. Again-i don't want to come off as a someone spreading a rumor but this is the latest. I will not say anymore about this until we know for sure.
      good idea.

Comment

There's a reason why August is known as the Silly Season . . .
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
          Jackrabbit fans- We obviously won't know the entire situation until the coaches or Wegher himself tells us the scoop. But I have heard from reliable sources from some friends in Iowa that his girlfriend is PG and that MIGHT have something to do with this. Again-I don't want to come off as a someone spreading a rumor but this is the latest. I will not say anymore about this until we KNOW for sure.
          Even if it is true,is it really any of our business ?

Comment

This thread has really taken a turn, and I believe it is for the worse. I am not a moderator, but I believe the rules about discussing student athletes leaving an SDSU team would not allow this type of discussion. Without going back and looking it up, I think the rule is if you want to post about someone leaving a team, you need to cite your source. If you won't or can't, then don't post it. I think this might be a good rule for athletes at other schools also. Just my opinion.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
              This thread has really taken a turn, and I believe it is for the worse. I am not a moderator, but I believe the rules about discussing student athletes leaving an SDSU team would not allow this type of discussion. Without going back and looking it up, I think the rule is if you want to post about someone leaving a team, you need to cite your source. If you won't or can't, then don't post it. I think this might be a good rule for athletes at other schools also. Just my opinion.
              Frankly, I think that unless something substantial comes to light, what's been discussed so far doesn't even rise to the level of ridiculous.

This is just silly talk.

Nobody who has posted anything knows, in my opinion, jack sh!^ about Mr. Wegher's status at Iowa, one way or another, myself included. (Not that I particularly care one way or another, actually. My own personal opinion and belief is that he's got a right to make his own decisions, and as things stand his decision was and is to go to Iowa. I'm good with that. I personally have no need or desire to have that change. SDSU will be just fine without him. I suspect he'll be just fine at Iowa. I'm not a "grass is greener on the other side" kind of guy. I'd rather work on getting our own grass greener, instead, rather than lusting after the grass on that lawn over there.)

This is why August is the Silly Season.

The only reason I've let the thread go so far is that it has nothing whatsoever to do with an SDSU athlete, one way or another. It's a Seinfeld thread--it's a Thread About Nothing.

And, it's the Silly Season. If it wasn't this, it would be something else. People seem to insist on being people, good, bad, and otherwise.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

You can't say you don't want to spread a rumor and then repeat it in the same paragraph. It's like trying to un-ring a bell

Comment

I was going to make a pie joke...and include some double entendre...but thought better of it...I think.
                  I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    You can't say you don't want to spread a rumor and then repeat it in the same paragraph. It's like trying to un-ring a bell
                    Filbert said August is the silly season and this comment made me laugh. Rep pts given.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      The only reason I've let the thread go so far is that it has nothing whatsoever to do with an SDSU athlete, one way or another. It's a Seinfeld thread--it's a Thread About Nothing.
                      Then I would point out that it shouldn't be in an Jackrabbit football thread.
                      Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                      -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Moved the thread from SDSU Football because, as pointed out by the last poster, doesn't have anything to do with SDSU Football right now. For that same reason, silly speculation and spreading of rumors is fair game: not an SDSU athlete.

Comment

My source, ENT physician who is a Hawkeye booster and VIP. Rumor amongst boosters, Wegher wants the ball (obviously) and isn't likely to get it often enough this year and it doesn't look good for the immediate future. He may be looking to leave as a consequence, the boosters have heard the rumblings about SDSU and are aware of the family ties.

Lastly, there may be some issues with his personal life as well. I've cited my source and although the credibility is uncertain it is just a rumor. Don't lose any sleep over it.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Hawkeye head coach Kirk Ferentz(sp?) was doing an interview on the Scott VanPelt show on ESPN Radio this afternoon, and he mentioned Wegher is "away" from Fall Camp due to "personal reasons". He didn't elablorate and VanPelt didn't press him on it.

Go Jacks!!
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                              Hawkeye head coach Kirk Ferentz(sp?) was doing an interview on the Scott VanPelt show on ESPN Radio this afternoon, and he mentioned Wegher is "away" from Fall Camp due to "personal reasons". He didn't elablorate and VanPelt didn't press him on it.

Go Jacks!!
                              Frerentz is telling boosters that its in Wegher's hands. He has a defined role on the team and if he wants it he will rejoin team at fall camp. There is a personal issue but it isn't that big a deal. Its an issue a lot of people have dealt with. Not a criminal or discipline issue.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'm in the camp of let the kid get his head on straight and I'm not going to worry (or care) if or where he ends up playing. I'm a Hawkeye fan and SDSU fan, but him not playing or transferring isn't going to make or break my season. If the rumors are true about what's going on then he needs to man up and figure it out. As MD said, many people have dealt with the issue being rumored, and it's not criminial, academic or discipline.

And if it's about playing time, then he needs to decide if he feels he's good enough to be #1 for Hawkeyes, or if he needs to find a new home. Nut up young man, nut up!
                                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Working...
                                X