Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wegher?

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    yeah but he knew all of that coming in, if he was concerned about that why not go somewhere where he could play right away? I know that many freshman go to college and are put towards the back of the roster and get to play a few minutes and its hard because their entire life they have been the go to guy, but why go there then? I'm not saying that if he does transfer that it won't have anything to do with it. But I'm willing to bet that if there is any truth behind it that there is another reason then just playing time because he did play this year. Its not like he was at the end of the bench? Also why transfer to a FCS team with one of the deepest RB rosters? If it happens I say we put 3 backs in the backfield and run 100 times a game.
    Defenses would definitely put another guy in the box to try and stop the run. Will still need to be diverse with the passing game regardless of who is running the ball.

Comment

bring back the winged T

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
        I forgot to add one more thing-if he transfers out to SDSU he should also be the "backup" back to a guy who has given it all for SDSU.. #30 Mr. Minnett
        I for one hope it is true. His father was a great running back at State. I guess maybe we will find out on Wednesday? I think that Wed is the official signing day. Maybe an announcement will be made than? He would certainly elevate our program.

If this is true would he need to set out a year as a transfer?

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
          I for one hope it is true. His father was a great running back at State. I guess maybe we will find out on Wednesday? I think that Wed is the official signing day. Maybe an announcement will be made than? He would certainly elevate our program.

If this is true would he need to set out a year as a transfer?

GBGBGJ
          He wouldn't need to sit out a year if he came here because he would be transferring down a level.

Comment

If it is true I doubt we here anything Wednesday. My guess is it would be something similar to Woody Orne last year, where a lot of people believe he was going to transfer but was still part of the team during the spring. If he is not on campus right now nothing will be announced Wednesday, if he is on campus my guess would be that they would have already announced it.

Comment

If the was already on campus I would venture to guess someone would have reported it here with all of the people roaming the board who are on campus.

Great speculation, but until he's in fall camp it's nothing more than that. And I for one would think he'd have no qualms about transferring in given the RB situation already. If he can get time at Iowa, he sure as damn well can get time at SDSU.
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                If the was already on campus I would venture to guess someone would have reported it here with all of the people roaming the board who are on campus.

Great speculation, but until he's in fall camp it's nothing more than that. And I for one would think he'd have no qualms about transferring in given the RB situation already. If he can get time at Iowa, he sure as damn well can get time at SDSU.
                If it were to happen and he did come here he is the #2 back IMO splitting time with Minnett.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                  bring back the winged T
                  Old school, I like it! Time to bring it back at the college level.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                    If it were to happen and he did come here he is the #2 back IMO splitting time with Minnett.
                    Pretty sure if Wegher did transfer here and was a better back than Minnett then he would be the starter.

I realize Minnett has been "the guy" the past couple years, is a senior, and has given a lot to Jackrabbit football in his career. But, so did Ryan Crawford and when TOB demonstrated he was better TOB became the starter. Don't think it should be any different for the RB position.

Stig needs to put the best guys on the field he can.

Comment

Speculation was fun while it lasted...
                      http://tinyurl.com/ycbmx7s
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        Pretty sure if Wegher did transfer here and was a better back than Minnett then he would be the starter.

I realize Minnett has been "the guy" the past couple years, is a senior, and has given a lot to Jackrabbit football in his career. But, so did Ryan Crawford and when TOB demonstrated he was better TOB became the starter. Don't think it should be any different for the RB position.

Stig needs to put the best guys on the field he can.
                        You are probably correct. Wegher would compete against Minnet and if he demonstrated that he was clearly the better back he would likely get the most snaps. I don't think that will happen.

Stig will not set that precedent. Bringing in transfers and taking starting jobs from guys that have committed 4 or 5 years to the program, not happening at SDSU, happens elsewhere way to often. I can promise you he won't do that and I support him for that decision. That doesn't mean he won't consider allowing a young man who really wants to play for SDSU the opportunity to do so.

So, if you think Stig will open his arms and give Wegher the starting job because he had a good season culminating in a stellar performance in the bowl game, you are wrong. Kyle Minnet is the starting running back for SDSU right now regardless of who might or might not be on the roster this fall.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

If for some reason Brandon Wegher did transfer here (and I won't get my hopes up), there would not be much of a running back controversy because our coaches are smart enough to know how to get the best players on the field as much as possible. Sure there would probably be some split series between Minnett and Wegher when we are running the ace formation (and that's good because that keeps them fresh), but you would also see a lot of Flash (Wildcat) formation, as well as 2 back shotgun formations, and maybe even some pro form (split back w/ the QB under center). It would be a great problem to have, and isn't even close to the same situation as a quarterback controversy due to being able to have multiple running backs on the field at once, as well as having the ability to alternate players at that position without affecting consistency (example: different QB's equals different cadences, audibles, etc...).
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            You are probably correct. Wegher would compete against Minnet and if he demonstrated that he was clearly the better back he would likely get the most snaps. I don't think that will happen.

Stig will not set that precedent. Bringing in transfers and taking starting jobs from guys that have committed 4 or 5 years to the program, not happening at SDSU, happens elsewhere way to often. I can promise you he won't do that and I support him for that decision. That doesn't mean he won't consider allowing a young man who really wants to play for SDSU the opportunity to do so.

So, if you think Stig will open his arms and give Wegher the starting job because he had a good season culminating in a stellar performance in the bowl game, you are wrong. Kyle Minnet is the starting running back for SDSU right now regardless of who might or might not be on the roster this fall.
                            Would you still feel that way if Minnet wasn't the stud he is? Minnet is one of the best running backs in the Missour Valley - if he was one of the worst in the league would you still feel this way?

Comment

He is not coming per TV.

Freshman running back Brandon Wegher is not coming to South Dakota State because he's not leaving Iowa. End of rumor. http://bit.ly/dis5RL

Comment

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
                                He is not coming per TV.

Freshman running back Brandon Wegher is not coming to South Dakota State because he's not leaving Iowa. End of rumor. http://bit.ly/dis5RL
                                So much for that. Is this thread dead on arrival or can we put on life supports for another 10 pages of meaningless posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X