Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wegher?

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
    How are transfers handled as far as the press is concerned? Can this wait til Feb. 3rd or is it usualy made public before then?
    Based on http://www.collegefantasyfootballins...-Iowa-Hawkeyes, Brown's transfer was cited to the Des Moines Register. I suppose if the athlete reports it to the press it can be announced prior to Feb 3rd? Just guessing there, not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by State_fan View Post
      Based on http://www.collegefantasyfootballins...-Iowa-Hawkeyes, Brown's transfer was cited to the Des Moines Register. I suppose if the athlete reports it to the press it can be announced prior to Feb 3rd? Just guessing there, not sure.
      Most kids that transfer out would obviously want to get to their new college by the start of second semester classes right? That may seem like a stupid question but they certainly wouldn't wait til the end of the year??

Comment

All the Iowa boards are filled with discussions about a logjam at RB with Robinson and Wegher and an older back who would have started this year comign back from injury and a couple of good freshmen coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          All the Iowa boards are filled with discussions about a logjam at RB with Robinson and Wegher and an older back who would have started this year comign back from injury and a couple of good freshmen coming in.
          The Wegher transfer rumor started on those same Iowa boards....... there's nothing to them. It's fun to dream tho....

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
            The Wegher transfer rumor started on those same Iowa boards....... there's nothing to them. It's fun to dream tho....
            So it ain't going to happen? Aw shucks. My experience with TV live chat's is that if its a weak rumor, he quickly drops it, but when questioned tonight, he seemed to react as though there was substance. On the other hand, if you are getting playing time at Iowa, why would you want to transfer to SDSU? I am not sure how this comes out at this time, but it could happen I suppose. What I am sayiing is rumors sometimes have substance, and the substance may be the truth that started to reveal itself on the message board.
            '

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              So it ain't going to happen? Aw shucks. My experience with TV live chat's is that if its a weak rumor, he quickly drops it, but when questioned tonight, he seemed to react as though there was substance. On the other hand, if you are getting playing time at Iowa, why would you want to transfer to SDSU? I am not sure how this comes out at this time, but it could happen I suppose. What I am sayiing is rumors sometimes have substance, and the substance may be the truth that started to reveal itself on the message board.
              '
              Here is the thing, if it was/is true that he is going to transfer the only people that are going to know are the people that are on the message board. No body is going to make it public at this time until its a done deal. Terry said that he had heard the rumor and that people at SDSU didn't know anything about it, the thing is if the people at SDSU were asked they wouldn't be able to comment anyways because he is on campus at another University, also do you think that SDSU would even comment if they could on something like that until it was a done deal? Iowa isn't going to make it public until he if off campus because once they make it public its a done deal and they will probably want to try to talk him into staying. (if he is transfering) The one thing that makes me think there may be some weight to the story is that Terry said he heard it was a "not football" issue that would cause him to transfer.

Comment

His dad was a great Jackrabbit and I know he was very much on the fence between Iowa and the Jacks. After seeing him play this past year - he would be a very welcome addition. Tiefenthaler & Wehger together again? (I believe their dad's played together - if not, very close) Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                  His dad was a great Jackrabbit and I know he was very much on the fence between Iowa and the Jacks. After seeing him play this past year - he would be a very welcome addition. Tiefenthaler & Wehger together again? (I believe their dad's played together - if not, very close) Go Jacks!
                  I didn't know he was on the fence. I know he had other Div. 1 offers.Yes their dads played a couple of years together.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    I'll give u guys something to debate: If Wegher leaves Iowa it will be for one reason and one reason only. He knows he won't be the top back at Iowa and all good RB's want to get as many touches as possible. Wegher is that kind of back. He will not be able to handle being a "backup" back.
                    That is not his makeup.

Comment

I'll give u guys something to debate: If Wegher leaves Iowa it will be for one reason and one reason only. He knows he won't be the top back at Iowa and all good RB's want to get as many touches as possible. Wegher is that kind of back. He will not be able to handle being a "backup" back.
                      That is not his makeup.

Do you know this for a fact? Because 19-year-olds have a lot of reasons for a lot of things. Girlfriends? Majors? School too big or too small? Too far from home?

Comment

That is not his makeup.
                        I forgot to add one more thing-if he transfers out to SDSU he should also be the "backup" back to a guy who has given it all for SDSU.. #30 Mr. Minnett

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          Do you know this for a fact? Because 19-year-olds have a lot of reasons for a lot of things. Girlfriends? Majors? School too big or too small? Too far from home?
                          I said it was up for debate! (-;

Comment

That is not his makeup.
                            I don't know about that. Iowa has always ran a running back by committee type of setup. They gave the guy who was hot the carries. Also with their line and the Orange Bowl performance I don't know if I would be transferring down because I didn't think things were going to be as good next year. I believe that if he is transferring it is because of a personal reason.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                              I don't know about that. Iowa has always ran a running back by committee type of setup. They gave the guy who was hot the carries. Also with their line and the Orange Bowl performance I don't know if I would be transferring down because I didn't think things were going to be as good next year. I believe that if he is transferring it is because of a personal reason.
                              Robinson and Wegher shared time this year. Robinson first series,Wegher 2nd series.Thats how it was done all season regardless of what the score was etc. The only time it changed is when Robinson sprained his ankle. Now the projected starter(Hampton) comes back.. Let he controversy/competition begin. I would think that would heavily on a 19 year old mind-especially when he has been the go to guy his whole career.

Comment

Robinson and Wegher shared time this year. Robinson first series,Wegher 2nd series.Thats how it was done all season regardless of what the score was etc. The only time it changed is when Robinson sprained his ankle. Now the projected starter(Hampton) comes back.. Let he controversy/competition begin. I would think that would heavily on a 19 year old mind-especially when he has been the go to guy his whole career.
                                yeah but he knew all of that coming in, if he was concerned about that why not go somewhere where he could play right away? I know that many freshman go to college and are put towards the back of the roster and get to play a few minutes and its hard because their entire life they have been the go to guy, but why go there then? I'm not saying that if he does transfer that it won't have anything to do with it. But I'm willing to bet that if there is any truth behind it that there is another reason then just playing time because he did play this year. Its not like he was at the end of the bench? Also why transfer to a FCS team with one of the deepest RB rosters? If it happens I say we put 3 backs in the backfield and run 100 times a game.

Comment

Working...
                                X