Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yackley to transfer from ISU.

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    Black Hills State.... join high school teammate Katlyn Lamb.... I'm hearing its 50/50 though.... She'd like to stay D-I if there is the right fit but BH is working the back channels to try to get her..... And we need a point guard... pretty bad....
    Hey why not? BHSU is an option. Where ever Ms Yackley ends up, I wish her the best.

Comment

Freshman year playing college basketball is alway's a challenge for high school stars to adjust to, some do it better than others, but still, point production playing college ball is a slow progression from fr.- sr. years.
      Her shooting percetage wasn,t that great this year , but that could turn around in her last three years, or not, who know's for sure.Her experiance playing the type of competition she played against, elite 8, big 12, will prove valuable to whatever school she play's for.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...NTPAGECAROUSEL

She said she wasn't recruited very hard by SDSU in high school.
        I'm not going to pick on a young woman for making the decision that she thinks is right for her.
        I find this quote interesting. Didn't she verbal to Iowa State as a Soph? You aren't supposed to talk to players that made a verbal so SDSU didn't recruit her as a freshman. Am I right on this? I heard about the verbal thing on the Sports Show so I think it's right. If that's right, I wonder if the DII schools can still keep in contact or not.
        She only played about 7 minutes but Iowa State had 10 players that were either Juniors or Seniors. The 5 seniors will graduate and move on. They played 32, 26, 25, 9 and 8 minutes/game. That's half of the minutes played in a game. Next year, 5 juniors will graduate. That will give her 2 years of quality minutes.
        Jill Young redshirted but she played about 20 minutes/game. Look at Johnson's 5 minutes and Sunnarborg's 9 minutes. You have to be a real stud of go down in quality of team to play a ton right away.
        I think with SDSU's 3 guards coming in we are fairly deep at guard. If she comes, I'll welcome her. If not, Oh Well!
        I wish her the best.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
          You aren't supposed to talk to players that made a verbal so SDSU didn't recruit her as a freshman. Am I right on this? I heard about the verbal thing on the Sports Show so I think it's right. If that's right, I wonder if the DII schools can still keep in contact or not.
          I don't believe there are any NCAA restriction against contacting players who have made a verbal commitment to another school as long as it is within the designated recruiting period, as a verbal is a non-binding contract. However, I believe it is one of those unwritten rules amongst coaches that you do not pursue a player who has already verbally committed to another school unless the player de-commits and reopens the recruiting process... at least that is my understanding of it all.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
            I don't believe there are any NCAA restriction against contacting players who have made a verbal commitment to another school as long as it is within the designated recruiting period, as a verbal is a non-binding contract. However, I believe it is one of those unwritten rules amongst coaches that you do not pursue a player who has already verbally committed to another school unless the player de-commits and reopens the recruiting process... at least that is my understanding of it all.
            Coaches can absolutely talk to players who are only verbal commitments to another school. As far as it being an unwritten rule amongst coaches that you do not pursue a player who has verbally committed to another school .... do not kid yourself. Most coaches still pursue players who have verbally committed to other schools unless that player specifically tells the coaches to stop contacting him/her.

Comment

Originally posted by rcjacks View Post
              Coaches can absolutely talk to players who are only verbal commitments to another school. As far as it being an unwritten rule amongst coaches that you do not pursue a player who has verbally committed to another school .... do not kid yourself. Most coaches still pursue players who have verbally committed to other schools unless that player specifically tells the coaches to stop contacting him/her.
              Well, some coaches break written rules, so there are definitely coaches out there that don't care about the unwritten ones. I guess I should of thrown in "coaches with integrity" somewhere. I know Coach Stig has commented about not contacting recruits after they have verbally committed to another school unless they reopen the recruiting process, but then again, Stig is a class act.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

There is a difference between talking and heavily recruiting..... Unless there is a very public underlying issue, in general coaches don't actively recruit players that have already verballed..... Example... Cody Larson he has verballed to Iowa, now coach Nagy I'm sure talks to him when he runs into him, and I'm sure he says that there is still an offer on the table if he is having second thoughts but coach Nagy isn't going out of the way to try to get Cody Larson to come to SDSU because he has already verballed..... (just an example not implying that Cody Larson is having second thoughts or anything)

Comment

Why is this thread in the Women's basketball section?
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    Agree, move it to college athletics. This young woman has no direct tie to SDSU women's basketball. I understand the Sutton family connection but College athletics is where it belongs.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'm not going to pick on a young woman for making the decision that she thinks is right for her.
                      I find this quote interesting. Didn't she verbal to Iowa State as a Soph? You aren't supposed to talk to players that made a verbal so SDSU didn't recruit her as a freshman. Am I right on this? I heard about the verbal thing on the Sports Show so I think it's right. If that's right, I wonder if the DII schools can still keep in contact or not.
                      She only played about 7 minutes but Iowa State had 10 players that were either Juniors or Seniors. The 5 seniors will graduate and move on. They played 32, 26, 25, 9 and 8 minutes/game. That's half of the minutes played in a game. Next year, 5 juniors will graduate. That will give her 2 years of quality minutes.
                      Jill Young redshirted but she played about 20 minutes/game. Look at Johnson's 5 minutes and Sunnarborg's 9 minutes. You have to be a real stud of go down in quality of team to play a ton right away.
                      I think with SDSU's 3 guards coming in we are fairly deep at guard. If she comes, I'll welcome her. If not, Oh Well!
                      I wish her the best.
                      The playing time would be assuming that ISU doesn't bring in anyone better than her....
                      Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                      Muhammad Ali

Comment

There is a little thread drift but the last comments came from A.J. not recruiting Ms. Yackley. I say A.J.'s too upstanding for that. She said SDSU didn't recruit her but that's because he didn't when she was a freshman and he couldn't after that. If she's commenting about that , so be it. Coach Stig and Cody were just examples they were using. It all comes back to her saying SDSU didn't recruit her.

Comment

There is a little thread drift but the last comments came from A.J. not recruiting Ms. Yackley. I say A.J.'s too upstanding for that. She said SDSU didn't recruit her but that's because he didn't when she was a freshman and he couldn't after that. If she's commenting about that , so be it. Coach Stig and Cody were just examples they were using. It all comes back to her saying SDSU didn't recruit her.
                          Could be that or the fact that she may not of "fit" what he was looking for
                          Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                          Muhammad Ali

Comment

I have been wondering the same thing.

Go State!

Comment

Moved.

Comment

Yackley is heading to USD.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...DATES/90424035

Comment

Working...
                                X