• Show
Clear All

• Yackley to transfer from ISU.

http://beta.argusleader.com/article/...DATES/90413038

Anyone with any insider info???
    Do the Jacks need another Guard???

The article doesn't say "to where".

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Re: Yackley to transfer from ISU.

This is interesting. That family has a long connection to SDSU. I'll bet it's either Augustana or USD.

Comment

From ISU news release...

AMES, Iowa – Iowa State freshmen Ashley Arlen and Alexis Yackley have decided to transfer, women’s basketball coach Bill Fennelly announced Monday.

“Ashley and Alexis have decided to leave Iowa State,” Fennelly said. “They want to find another level of program where they can possibly obtain more playing time. I thank them for their contributions to our Elite Eight team and wish them the best in the future.”

Yackley earned playing time in 25 contests, seeing 6.4 minutes per game. She averaged two points, while shooting 28.6 percent (12-42) from the field. She also went 8-for-28 (.286) from beyond the arc and posted 19 assists to 17 turnovers.

“I’m grateful to the coaching staff for allowing me to play here this year,” Yackley said. “It’s been a great year, and I will never forget it. I do not regret coming to Iowa State, but I think it is in my best interest to explore other options.”

Comment

Do we need another 5'7 guard? Her mother played at Northern and DWU. Pre-Med Major. My guess would be Augustana or USD also. How about UND or NDSU?
        Last edited by JACKGUYII; 04-13-2009, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Given that SDSU is maxed out on scholarships, I don't see her transferring to SDSU unless she's willing to: walk on, fight for a rotation spot, and understand that she'll likely play about 10-15 minutes per game if she does earn a rotation spot.

If she wants post-season opportunities, UND and USD are out and NDSU is unlikely.

I'm guessing she'll land with a Northern Sun team, either Mankato, Northern, or Augie.

Comment

Other than Jill Young, who was the last player to transfer to us?

Also...

I know we are maxed out for next year, but the 2010 recruiting class has one or two spots left doesn't it? Having to sit out a year anyway, could it be possible for Yackley to get on of those scholarships that are available?

Comment

KSFY reported Yackley has not begun to contact any possible schools at this time.
              Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Did Coaches Mellum and Johnston recruit Yackley when she was in high school?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  Did Coaches Mellum and Johnston recruit Yackley when she was in high school?
                  http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...NTPAGECAROUSEL

She said she wasn't recruited very hard by SDSU in high school.

Comment

How odd. She says she is all about college (academics), yet her main reason for leaving, according to the coach, is playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
                      How odd. She says she is all about college (academics), yet her main reason for leaving, according to the coach, is playing time.
                      You have definitely misquoted Ms. Yackley. According to the Argus, she said:

"There are different circumstances with the different places I could go. School is a big part of who I am, too. I am not looking at just the athletic side of things."

She didn't say she is "all about college (academics)." She said she is "not looking at just the athletic side of things." This would mean that she is lookings at athletics and academics -- certainly nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Here's what I got from the R.C. Journal:
                        "AMES, Iowa — Iowa State freshman Alexis Yackley has decided to transfer, women’s basketball coach Bill Fennelly announced Monday.

“Alexis has decided to leave Iowa State,” Fennelly said. “(Yackley) wants to find another level of program where she can possibly obtain more playing time. I thank her for her contributions to our Elite Eight team and wish her the best in the future.”"

"School is a big part of who I am, too. I am not looking at just the athletic side of things."- Yackley

Her stats tell a story all in it's own: "She averaged two points, while shooting 28.6 percent (12-for-42) from the field. She also went 8-for-28 (.286) from beyond the arc and posted 19 assists to 17 turnovers."

My point is, it sounds like a "me" thing and "we" have talked about those types of "me" players so..........

Comment

Good point hoops. Did anyone ever see her TV interview when she announced that she was going to Iowa State? It was all about me me me.

Anyway, I hope she finds what she is looking for. The Yackley family has some big ties to SDSU, can't wish a family member anything but good luck.
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Give the young woman a break. She's probably what, 19 years old? She comes from a South Dakota State family. For whatever reason, she wasn't a Jackrabbit. Good luck to her wherever she chooses to attend.

Comment

Black Hills State.... join high school teammate Katlyn Lamb.... I'm hearing its 50/50 though.... She'd like to stay D-I if there is the right fit but BH is working the back channels to try to get her..... And we need a point guard... pretty bad....

Comment

Working...
                              X