Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: South Dakota advances at NCAA North Central Regional

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
    Regardless what happens, it will be a matter of the coyotes following the Jackrabbits.

We've been to the Elite 8.
    We've won a National Championship.
    We've moved to Division I.
    The coyotees will be forever the followers.

(sorry to be so smacky)
    No need to apologize. Facts are facts.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
      I agree. In the years that I attended events at the dump and they way SDSU fans were treated, I can't support usd2. I hope they fail at D1. Personally, I don't think they would make a good D1 NAIA school.
      I understand the sentiment. I've said many times that I hope SDSU and USD do not play one another in football or men's or women's basketball, for at least five more years. If and when games resume, I hope USD and SDSU are in different conferences. The break for the past several years has been refreshing. Now, that having been said, I'm still watching with interest how the USD women do in the DII Elite 8. But note Boxerboy's correction of my statement about USD meeting Delta State in the finals...if they meet, it will be in the semi-finals. Guess that shows about how much attention I pay to the DII details: not much!

Comment

From the Elite Eight site:

"The winner of the Delta-Cal contest will face either South Dakota or Washburn, the two schools located closest to Kearney.

The South Dakota Coyotes (31-1) first Elite Eight trip will be it's last; the 'Yotes will move into Division I next season. The North Central Region champs look to follow North Dakota, North Dakota State and South Dakota State as North Central schools that have taken home the championship trophy.

The Lady Blues of Washburn (26-6) won the 2005 national title and are in the Elite Eight for the fourth time. The second seed in the South Central region, Washburn hosted the Elite Eight volleyball tournament in December. "

Comment

Working...
        X