Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: South Dakota advances at NCAA North Central Regional

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes from some of you. I kind of believe that it takes alot of skill to get to the elite 8 but once you get there you have to be good and lucky to come home with the title.

Lets not get into comparisons because all it is, is speculation. SDSU will have it's post season excitement and USD will have their post season excitement. To each their own but could you imagine the hype around this state if both teams were to win their tournaments.
    You just about got rep points out of me for that post. What the hell, you got 'em!

There is no doubt that a deep run in either tournament is a good thing for each university and the state as a whole!

Best of luck to both schools!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes from some of you. I kind of believe that it takes alot of skill to get to the elite 8 but once you get there you have to be good and lucky to come home with the title.

Lets not get into comparisons because all it is, is speculation. SDSU will have it's post season excitement and USD will have their post season excitement. To each their own but could you imagine the hype around this state if both teams were to win their tournaments.
      You're in the green for now. We need to minimize red around here. I still think we beat USD head-to-head 8 or 9 out of 10 games. Not that it matters because it doesn't.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

10 out of 10 times

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
          10 out of 10 times
          I was thinking about the time in the DD when the fans interfere and the refs are paid off, our best 8 players are hurt, 2 foul out and we have to finish the game 3 on 5. Then we lose only when USD hits a full court 3 point shot at the buzzer.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

could you imagine the hype around this state if both teams were to win their tournaments.
            That would be something all right. It's going to be tough for both of us. But who knows?
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I hope USD does well, too. I think it would look good for the state.
              USD needs to win this year because they are in trouble next year. I'm not worried about their coach but they loose a lot of players. The move to DI is tough enough if you have players returning. I don't know if Chad is leaving because he sees this or not.
              I wonder how USD's men's team will do next year? After next year, they will lose everybody, too. I'm not saying they will win many games but they return most of their #2 (DII) ranked team.
              I think SDSU's women's team took the transition well but the other 3 teams will struggle.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                I was thinking about the time in the DD when the fans interfere and the refs are paid off, our best 8 players are hurt, 2 foul out and we have to finish the game 3 on 5. Then we lose only when USD hits a full court 3 point shot at the buzzer.
                OK....9 out of 10. But we take 19 out of 20!

Comment

I believe this year's USD team is a good one...but the clock is still running on how good. But one thing you are missing Coyote fan (in trying to compare SDSU's national championship to this year's run) is to heed your own admonishment...it takes a lot of skill to get into the Elite Eight, and SDSU did it three year's running. That one is way out of your reach.

Comment

All smack aside, the Coyote women have had a magical season this year--one of those once-in-a-lifetime seasons for fans. Good luck to them in the Elite Eight.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Rep points on filbert's comments. It's a great season for the USD women and I hope they continue to win and meet Delta State in the finals (isn't that Coach Nagy's alma mater?). Any time we get good news about any university with South Dakota in the name, it doesn't hurt SDSU (similarly, I think most 'Yotes fans are encouraged by what SDSU has accomplished and it makes their jump into the transition abyss a little easier).
                      Last edited by JackJD; 03-19-2008, 12:03 PM.

Comment

I will not root for USD. There is only one Div I school in South Dakota and it certainly better stay that way in womens BB. Why even give USD a chance to capture any blue chip girls BB players from the area. They need to always consider SDSU first. Any success in that (USD) program will only make it more difficult to get em all.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          Rep points on filbert's comments. It's a great season for the USD women and I hope they continue to win and meet Delta State in the finals (isn't that Coach Nagy's alma mater?). Any time we get good news about any university with South Dakota in the name, it doesn't hurt SDSU (similarly, I think most 'Yotes fans are encouraged by what SDSU has accomplished and it makes their jump into the transition abyss a little easier).
                          Sorry JD, they (USD and Delta) can only meet in the semi's. That's where we hope their (USD) training wheels for Div I will hopefully fall off and crash.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                            I will not root for USD. There is only one Div I school in South Dakota and it certainly better stay that way in womens BB. Why even give USD a chance to capture any blue chip girls BB players from the area. They need to always consider SDSU first. Any success in that (USD) program will only make it more difficult to get em all.
                            I agree. In the years that I attended events at the dump and they way SDSU fans were treated, I can't support usd2. I hope they fail at D1. Personally, I don't think they would make a good D1 NAIA school.
                            Last edited by 1bunnies; 03-20-2008, 12:30 PM.

Comment

As a South Dakotan I will always hope and EXPECT that any university in our system will represent our state well when they play teams from around the nation. I wish the Coyotes well in this, their final opportunity, at DII basketball.
                              Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Regardless what happens, it will be a matter of the coyotes following the Jackrabbits.

We've been to the Elite 8.
                                We've won a National Championship.
                                We've moved to Division I.
                                The coyotees will be forever the followers.

(sorry to be so smacky)
                                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                                X