USD 2008 FB Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD 2008 FB Schedule

I'm sure this will quickly turn to smack....

It's being rumored that USD will open the season vs?

A) @ Montana St.

B) vs. UND

C) vs. Dakota Wesleyan

Hint: The answer is C.

They are also rumored to be attempting to schedule?

A) Montana

B) NDSU

C) Black Hills State

I've got a feeling the transition is going to be ugly for them.

Re: USD 2008 FB Schedule

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
    I'm sure this will quickly turn to smack....

It's being rumored that USD will open the season vs?

A) @ Montana St.

B) vs. UND

C) vs. Dakota Wesleyan

They are also rumored to be attempting to schedule?

A) Montana

B) NDSU

C) Black Hills State

I've got a feeling the transition is going to be ugly for them.
    Ed did say winning was more important than scheduling tough opponents.

Comment

I thought USD was moving to DI and the Great West. Not NAIA and the DAC/GPAC. Maybe I'm confused???

Comment

I'll at least give them some credit. From what I have seen their schedule looks like this so far:
        UND
        Missouri Rolla, West Tex AM,
        UC Davis, Cal Poly, Southern Utah, Montana State, UNI, SE Louisiana

In the first transition year SDSU played:
        3 transitional teams - NDSU, UNC, UC Davis
        3 D-II teams - Western Oregon, Winona, Augie
        5 I-AA teams - Southern, SUU, Cal Poly, Georgia Southern, MSU

So they will be essentially on par with our first schedule (except for 2 NAIAs which we did play two years later to fill out a schedule)

The only thing I find funny about their schedule is that someone commented on a message board that they are having a hard time getting any D-II teams to schedule them at their house. Seems like they did get a taste of their own medicine.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

I doubt they are scheduling us (BHSU) the DAC plays 7 conference games, and 3 non conference games though one is usually against a conference opponent. We play Carrol and a NAIA team out of California for the next 2 years so unless we would play an 11 game which is possible or drop the non conference conference opponent game I don't think we would be playing them for at least the next 2 years.....

Comment

http://www.culver.edu/athletics/football/schedule.asp

It looks like the 'Yotes have a Sept. 20 showdown in Vermillion with the Culver-Stockton Wildcats!

FYI: Culver-Stockton, a NAIA school in NE Missouri, went 1-10 last year.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78 View Post
              http://www.culver.edu/athletics/football/schedule.asp

It looks like the 'Yotes have a Sept. 20 showdown in Vermillion with the Culver-Stockton Wildcats!

FYI: Culver-Stockton, a NAIA school in NE Missouri, went 1-10 last year.

If they can't win tough games....just schedule easier ones. What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                I'll at least give them some credit. From what I have seen their schedule looks like this so far:
                UND
                Missouri Rolla, West Tex AM,
                UC Davis, Cal Poly, Southern Utah, Montana State, UNI, SE Louisiana
                It was my understanding that UC Davis and Cal Poly weren't going to play both non-counters in a single year. Are we sure they've got Poly on their schedule? I kind of doubt it.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I've read that Davis is NOT on the USD schedule, but Cal-Poly is.

The UDot fans aren't very pleased at the possible inclusion of DWU on the schedule . . .

Comment

It was reported by a yote fan on AGS that they would play both UCD and Poly. Nothing official yet.
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

I have to wonder why USD's beat writer Mick Garry isn't asking more questions about next year FB schedule or the move to D-1 in general and how it is going??

I know there are a lot of Coyote fans that would like some answers and information and probably deserve some, considering their the one's the $$$ is going to need to come from to make this transition work.

I can guarantee TV would be asking the questions of SDSU. Can you imagine the stories that would've been written about SDSU possibily having to play DWU as one of our better home games of the season back in SDSU's first year of transition?? Stu would've had a field-day with it!!

I think this is a rare case of, "no pub. is good pub" and it's a crock of S#$t if you ask me.

Go Jacks!!
                      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I read that USD will play UND twice next year because both schools are having such a hard time finding opponents next year, especially those that will come to their place for a game. We were better prepared than that and never had to resort to that type of scheduling problem. I can give UND a little credit for playing Southern Utah this year on the road so SUU will return the favor next year with a home game in Grand Forks. UND also played UNI two years ago in Cedar Rapids with an agreement that UNI would play would also return the favor and play in Grand Forks in the near future.

USD on the other hand had no foresight to schedule any FCS teams while still a D-2 school to help during the transition (with the exception of Central Arkansas, who I don't even see on USD's proposed schedule). You would think that both Universities would have learned something by watching the XSDU's during the transition. UND looks more prepared than USD. USD is stubbling out of the gate.

Go State!!!
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Someone just reported UC Davis's 2008 schedule over on AGS. Looks like Davis has USD on there as a road game....UNIVERSITY of San Deigo that is. That is a kick to the groin area for the Yotes.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...ad.php?t=36323

Go Jacks!!
                          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                            I have to wonder why USD's beat writer Mick Garry isn't asking more questions about next year FB schedule or the move to D-1 in general and how it is going??

I know there are a lot of Coyote fans that would like some answers and information and probably deserve some, considering their the one's the $$$ is going to need to come from to make this transition work.

I can guarantee TV would be asking the questions of SDSU. Can you imagine the stories that would've been written about SDSU possibily having to play DWU as one of our better home games of the season back in SDSU's first year of transition?? Stu would've had a field-day with it!!

I think this is a rare case of, "no pub. is good pub" and it's a crock of S#$t if you ask me.

Go Jacks!!
                            In Mick's defense, he's only part-time on the USD beat, unlike TV, who's full-time SDSU. Mick has to do a lot of page layout stuff that TV doesn't have to do. Mick's USD stuff is mostly just game coverage.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                              I read that USD will play UND twice next year because both schools are having such a hard time finding opponents next year, especially those that will come to their place for a game. We were better prepared than that and never had to resort to that type of scheduling problem. I can give UND a little credit for playing Southern Utah this year on the road so SUU will return the favor next year with a home game in Grand Forks. UND also played UNI two years ago in Cedar Rapids with an agreement that UNI would play would also return the favor and play in Grand Forks in the near future.

USD on the other hand had no foresight to schedule any FCS teams while still a D-2 school to help during the transition (with the exception of Central Arkansas, who I don't even see on USD's proposed schedule). You would think that both Universities would have learned something by watching the XSDU's during the transition. UND looks more prepared than USD. USD is stubbling out of the gate.

Go State!!!
                              That DAC conference type B.S. play a school in your conference twice, just so you get a home game........ I look at USD and they are clearly in trouble, they can't find opponents yet home games, but they are clearly the ones to blame from there D2 days, they hardly ever played road games against anybody out of conference, correct that they hardly played anybody out of conference at least anybody that would put up a fair fight..... To my understanding USD's schedule is not finished yet so I won't judge them on it yet because maybe it'll come out and they will have some quality opponents, but I won't get my hopes up....

Comment

Working...
                              X