Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Bradley Head Coach Job

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Austin was getting anxious for a move. The year before he went to UNC, he had a positive interview as a head coach at a Minnesota college. He is a young coach who wants to advance his coaching career. I would guess any conflict would have been day to day situations that happen on any job anywhere. I would not expect Austin to settle at Vermillion as an assistant coach for the next 10 years.
    No I would not expect him to be at USD for 10 years. If Craig Smith gets an offer somewhere else, I would expect Austin to follow, but maybe not.

Comment

How long was austin an assistant at mankato and then sdsu? I think they were pretty similar tenures.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        How long was austin an assistant at mankato and then sdsu? I think they were pretty similar tenures.
        AND??????????? Your point is?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          AND??????????? Your point is?
          If anyone knew exactly how long he stayed at either place. And that he has never stayed anywhere a long time. I guess that's my point.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            If anyone knew exactly how long he stayed at either place. And that he has never stayed anywhere a long time. I guess that's my point.
            My point in questioning you is that does it really matter how long some one stays in any given place. Its his life and his career that matter to Austin and to us well its interesting to talk about. Is Nagy headed to Green Bay? I hope not.

Comment

My point in questioning you is that does it really matter how long some one stays in any given place. Its his life and his career that matter to Austin and to us well its interesting to talk about. Is Nagy headed to Green Bay? I hope not.
              Umm. Sure? Guess myabe I wasnt clear. Austin moves on in his career after so long. Guess you can look at that how ever you want. I don't really think it matters why he stays as long or as short as he does. His choice. I would assume he would still keep relationships with previous coaches and ADs since you never know when your going to cross career paths again. I doubt he burned any bridges at sdsu after he left.

Comment

The discussions of the inner thoughts and motivations of certain people, by other people who have no particular insight into those thoughts and motivations, are always utterly riveting and compelling reading.

IMHO, of course.

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Wardle just signed a 5 year extension about a year ago that paid him about the same as Nagy. Green Bay has one of the smallest BB budgets in the Horizon. On the other hand, Green Bay has very nice facilities in a better conference.

To answer your question..........i dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    Wardle just signed a 5 year extension about a year ago that paid him about the same as Nagy. Green Bay has one of the smallest BB budgets in the Horizon. On the other hand, Green Bay has very nice facilities in a better conference.

To answer your question..........i dunno.
                    Not so sure it's a better conference.

Comment

I don't know Coach Nagy but believe we are better with him than without him! I am happy he is still a Jackrabbit as of 5:59 Pm March 28, 2015!

Go Jacks!!

Comment

Sorry for starting the panic and then abandoning it until it was over. I was on a Spring Training vacation in Phoenix without my laptop and I hate typing on my phone, unless its an emergency.

1st. I think its safe to say, Nagy is considering leaving SDSU, he has now interview for 2 known jobs in 3 years. If he wasn't at least considering it, it wouldn't get that far. Now how serious were the interviews, and is it just his agent telling him to interview so his name stays out there and SDSU pays him more, IDK. But I think the Nagy will never leave statement is a bit far fetched.I do think it would take a right fit type of a job, but I do think if the right job is offered, he will leave.

2nd. Green Bay? Not going to happen, Horizon is similar to the Summit, its Green Bay, salary similar, I just don't see that happening.

3rd. The dominoes have just started to fall, Alabama, Tennessee, Texas, Arizona St, Depaul. If they start hiring current mid-major coaches,, then Nagy could be a candidate for one of those. You always have to think 1 step ahead. Hypothetically, if Marshall takes the Alabama or Texas job, does Wichita State call Nagy? Probably not, but maybe. Think of it like that.

4th. I'm the biggest Nagy fan in the world, or at least one of them, you can go back and look from 06-10 where numerous people were calling for his head on here, I always supported him. However, that doesn't mean that him leaving would kill the program. Having your coach get a promotion has benefits to your program, it helps with recruiting, helps with games, helps with numerous things, as long as the school is in place to capitalize on it, which I think SDSU is.

Last. Replacement, IDK, my guess is most former and the current assistants would get a look, a few local D-II coaches could as well. But if there is one thing SDSU has shown me with the wrestling job, and the baseball job, was they aren't afraid to go outside and get the best person for the job. So I think its hard to say 1, 2 or 3 people would be on the immediate short list.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Not so sure it's a better conference.
                          Geography must have played a role. in Oakland's move to the Horizon. I don't see the Horizon as better than the Summit either. The BB coach used to complain about the Dakota blizzards.

Comment

Geography must have played a role. in Oakland's move to the Horizon. I don't see the Horizon as better than the Summit either. The BB coach used to complain about the Dakota blizzards.

My guess is talent wise top to bottom the Horizon is slightly better. Top half pretty similar, financially I'm guessing the SL does better but who knows. For Oakland it was 90% geography. Its not fun to have to fly into Sioux Falls or Fargo in January and then play tough teams on top of it.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                              My guess is talent wise top to bottom the Horizon is slightly better. Top half pretty similar, financially I'm guessing the SL does better but who knows. For Oakland it was 90% geography. Its not fun to have to fly into Sioux Falls or Fargo in January and then play tough teams on top of it.
                              Detroit is hardly balmy in January.

Comment

The Horizon has a bit more depth, that is about it. Definitely a geographic thing for Oakland, the Horizon is much more of a bus league.

Comment

Working...
                                X