Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Bradley Head Coach Job

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    A couple of years ago i would have agreed with you. At this time, if he got a decent offer i think he would take it . By decent i mean something similar to what Saul Phillips got last year.
    I wouldnt be surprised one way or another however the transition years really wore on Nagy. Not sure he would want to start over and more or less go through those again.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      I wouldnt be surprised one way or another however the transition years really wore on Nagy. Not sure he would want to start over and more or less go through those again.
      It just seems like yesterday that Jim Thorson brought this kid to a after game gathering at the Alumni center. About 1987 or so and he was brand new to Brookings. Among the coaches who was the real advocate in favor of moving to D1? That would be Coach Nagy. I often wondered if he regretted it during that rough transition period but probably not. Just watching the Journal Star and comments made by fans, how much interest is their in our coach? We just might be safe.

Comment

Roy Schmidt @prepbullseye who is a pretty solid prep/college reporter out of Illinois (though he has made some mistakes with the Depaul job) had this tweet earlier today

Have also learned that things have taken a bit of a twist with the Bradley job: Rumored Scott Nagy & Mike Davis will interview

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          Roy Schmidt @prepbullseye who is a pretty solid prep/college reporter out of Illinois (though he has made some mistakes with the Depaul job) had this tweet earlier today

Have also learned that things have taken a bit of a twist with the Bradley job: Rumored Scott Nagy & Mike Davis will interview
          A reporter that locks his Twitter feed. What reporter does that?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            A reporter that locks his Twitter feed. What reporter does that?
            One that wants more followers? I've followed him for a few years now and he is pretty solid with his info. He did hedge the tweet by saying rumored to interview. If he knew Nagy was interviewing, he would have flat out said that.

Comment

One that wants more followers? I've followed him for a few years now and he is pretty solid with his info. He did hedge the tweet by saying rumored to interview. If he knew Nagy was interviewing, he would have flat out said that.
              Huh, sorry for the thread drift, but how do you get more followers when you can't see what he is tweeting. Stupidest thing I have ever heard of.

Comment

Welp. Time to stalk Nagy. Will report back if he goes anywhere near a plane in the next week or two.

Nah. Can't blame a guy for interviewing. Best of luck to him, whether here or Bradley or somewhere else.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

WHAT IF he does get the job? Who replaces him? Does Austin Hansen roam back to his old stomping grounds? This could be a very entertaining off-season if Nagy leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                    WHAT IF he does get the job? Who replaces him? Does Austin Hansen roam back to his old stomping grounds? This could be a very entertaining off-season if Nagy leaves.
                    A national search I would assume.

Comment

In which case Austin's current job would amount to no more than recon. ( well and experience)

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                        In which case Austin's current job would amount to no more than recon. ( well and experience)
                        I am only speculating here but there have been no changes in procedures since moving from D2 as far as job openings so I suspect a national search would be the first step. I suppose the current AD might have someone specifically in mind but they will most likely have to jump through the same hoops. With salary requirements it just might be someone like Hansen who is hired, or maybe one of the current assistants. We don't have the tradition of Bradley or Wichita State and can afford 800K for a name coach.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          Welp. Time to stalk Nagy. Will report back if he goes anywhere near a plane in the next week or two.

Nah. Can't blame a guy for interviewing. Best of luck to him, whether here or Bradley or somewhere else.
                          He's earned the opportunity if he wants it no doubt. Wasn't all that long ago there were a lot of people calling for his head.

I'm still of the opinion that even if he is offered the job with a big pay raise he doesn't automatically take it. Lots and lots of other factors.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                            It was interesting to see the lack of inter-action between Nagy and Hansen after the semi-final game between the Jacks and Yotes. We had seats in the first row on the press row side. About 15-20 minutes after the game , Nagy was walking behind press row from one end after the presser and Hansen was coming from the opposite direction to do a radio interview with the Yote radio people. I thought they might at least acknowledge each other but it appeared that they didn't even realize the other was there. I didn't expect a hug , but I thought they maybe would have at least nodded at each other.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              He's earned the opportunity if he wants it no doubt. Wasn't all that long ago there were a lot of people calling for his head.

I'm still of the opinion that even if he is offered the job with a big pay raise he doesn't automatically take it. Lots and lots of other factors.
                              Like the factor that "money cant buy happiness"?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                It was interesting to see the lack of inter-action between Nagy and Hansen after the semi-final game between the Jacks and Yotes. We had seats in the first row on the press row side. About 15-20 minutes after the game , Nagy was walking behind press row from one end after the presser and Hansen was coming from the opposite direction to do a radio interview with the Yote radio people. I thought they might at least acknowledge each other but it appeared that they didn't even realize the other was there. I didn't expect a hug , but I thought they maybe would have at least nodded at each other.
                                They may both have still been locked into coach-mode. May not have even really seen each other. Nagy may already have been deep into thinking about the next game, and he doesn't seem to be by nature the most outgoing guy around anyway, and Hansen was still "on duty" headed for a radio interview. What would they say to each other that they didn't say in the post game handshake line, anyway?

I wouldn't read a whole lot into a chance encounter lasting seconds.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X