Fired Coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fired Coaches

I agree with age, antics, and he does just look lost at times, but over the past 2-3-4 years he has been reportedly interested in Georgia, UNLV and Fresno State. Rumors were he may have even interviewed for the Fresno State job. I think with him you are looking more at bringing attention for 2-3 years and then hand it off to someone, preferably not his son. People did say similar things about Synder at KSU, and he hasn't done too bad there, but that is football and its a totally different situation, when you have 7-8 assistants who run all of the practices and do most of the recruiting.

I'm just wondering if there isn't a Northwestern like job, where they haven't won anything for a real long time, who says you know what I don't care.

Comment

Speaking of NorthWestern, their court is hideous. It looks like my 6 year old took her purple marker and colored in the court border and lanes.

If by the grace of sweet baby Jesus we make a deep run in the tournament, Nagy should and will get considered for the NorthWestern job. As we all know, he has ties to the state of Illinois.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
        Speaking of NorthWestern, their court is hideous. It looks like my 6 year old took her purple marker and colored in the court border and lanes.

If by the grace of sweet baby Jesus we make a deep run in the tournament, Nagy should and will get considered for the NorthWestern job. As we all know, he has ties to the state of Illinois.
        i mentioned this, (Northwestern's floor) in a previous post when we were talking about the boring new Summit League floor at the SF Arena. Back then a few bloggers didn't want to hear anything other than how cool these hideous floors were.

Comment

Floors are like carpet and clothing, the cool factor of one type last a few years and then it changes. Right now its dark grain wood with light grain wood. 10 years ago it was painting in the 3 point line. For a while it was making the free throw circle into a basketball. Big logos on the floor were cool for a while. So I don't really care much about a floor, I'm more of a low key, but I do admit that at one time I thought those other types were cool.

Comment

UMKC hires a former assistant Kareem Richardson. Rumor mills have him earning $250K for the Roos which would be a substantial increase over Brown. He has currently been an assistant at Louisville. That spot probably paid more than Brown as well.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              UMKC hires a former assistant Kareem Richardson. Rumor mills have him earning $250K for the Roos which would be a substantial increase over Brown. He has currently been an assistant at Louisville. That spot probably paid more than Brown as well.
              His name had been mentioned earlier this season, before Brown was even fired. If the contract is accurate, and the $250K 5 year contract is mentioned in ESPN article so I don't see why it wouldn't be, means they are finally getting serious.

Comment

They should have been in a more serious conference then.
                Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                His name had been mentioned earlier this season, before Brown was even fired. If the contract is accurate, and the $250K 5 year contract is mentioned in ESPN article so I don't see why it wouldn't be, means they are finally getting serious.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  They should have been in a more serious conference then.
                  My guess is they figured a less competitive conference was more attractive. I believe that in 5-7 years (maybe less) they will want back into the Summit. I just don't see how the WAC stays a float, and traveling as much as they will have to will get really old.

Comment

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...--in-his-house

Fired Buffalo HC holds press conference in his dining room after school wouldn't let him hold on campus out going press conference. Sounds as if Buffalo not the best situation in terms of facilities, funding, etc. to get into, but it also sounds as if they have a really good team returning.

Comment

University of Tennessee Chattanooga coach John Shulman has been fired according to CBSSPORTS.com he had interviewed in previous years at both TCU and UNC-Wilmington. Appears he was making in the $125K range per year.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                        Bob Knight is still trying to figure out what exactly the shot clock is and probably has nightmares about the 3pt line. Don't know if he would be the right guy for the job. That said he was awesome in his prime and I just started reading his book
                        It's a good book, and I enjoyed it. But he makes himself out as too much of a nice guy. Like he was upset that Feinstein actually used the "F" Word in "A season on the brink".

He was a great coach... one of the best ever. But he was jerk, and what did Lou Henson call him "a bully?", that's about right.

Still a good read, though. Highly recommended.

Comment

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...aching-changes

Here is the entire list of D-I coaching positions that are open.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                            http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...aching-changes

Here is the entire list of D-I coaching positions that are open.
                            Wow! Job security in coaching there is NOT! WE have been pretty fortuneate with the stability of our BB coaching staff.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Nagy's name has been brought up for the Ball State job, as has Saul Phillips http://www.thestarpress.com/article/...nd-Bill-Scholl

Nothing official from the school, just speculation from the writer, seems that Nagy's style fits in well with what they are looking at and he can be had at a relatively small price tag.

That is coming from their beat writer Thomas St. Myer @tstmyer

Seems to be a decent place with 9 guys returning + a couple of solid recruits

5 finalist for CSU-Northridge job including 2 UCLA assistants and 1 Gonzaga assistant http://www.dailynews.com/sportscolum...ates-including

Texas Tech rumored to make announcement sometime next week. finalist include fmr. Nebraska HC Doc Sadler, Oral Roberts coach Scott Sutton, Indiana Associate Head Coach Steve McClain, and the current Texas Tech interim Chris Walker

http://redraiders.com/interact/blog-...n#.UU41FRyk_VE
                              Last edited by joeboo22; 03-23-2013, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Sounds like Ben Howland of UCLA will be available - reports are that he is gone as of tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X