This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cody Larson

No thanks. We've got a good thing going with a bunch of good kids. If you start bringing Cody's type in...you won't get the good ones in the future.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
      No thanks. We've got a good thing going with a bunch of good kids. If you start bringing Cody's type in...you won't get the good ones in the future.
      Yep. There were several kids who thought they were "too good" to be at SDSU during the transition. They were some of our most talented players, but team chemistry was awful, and the record was worse than it could have been.

I would be shocked if he isn't playing for USD or Augie next season.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        Yep. There were several kids who thought they were "too good" to be at SDSU during the transition. They were some of our most talented players, but team chemistry was awful, and the record was worse than it could have been.

I would be shocked if he isn't playing for USD or Augie next season.
        I'm gonna guess he ends up at a DII program so I'd say you're right on.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadsev
          Funny the first school to call was SDSU....and JACKASSMD you are a dick.
          Not sure what MD said that was so offensive or anything else that most everyone on here agrees with?? Would you not agree with Coach Donavon that "Cody needs to get things straightened out OFF the court"??Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
            Not sure what MD said that was so offensive or anything else that most everyone on here agrees with?? Would you not agree with Coach Donavon that "Cody needs to get things straightened out OFF the court"??Go Jacks!!
            Looks like Seville lost his cool.

Comment

Wow you guys are something else! Need I remind you that Cody's sister is a member of the Jackrabbit family which means that her parents already attend games. Yet here you are taking cheap shots at Cody and his dad. If I recall, some of the same posters had it out with Nate's dad on this board when Nate wasn't sure if he'd come here. So Cody didn't come here initially, oh well! What happened to the "It don't matter where they come from, once they're here they're Jackrabbits" motto? Besides, unless any of you on here are coaches I don't believe you have a say what-so-ever in the matter!

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
                Wow you guys are something else! Need I remind you that Cody's sister is a member of the Jackrabbit family which means that her parents already attend games. Yet here you are taking cheap shots at Cody and his dad. If I recall, some of the same posters had it out with Nate's dad on this board when Nate wasn't sure if he'd come here. So Cody didn't come here initially, oh well! What happened to the "It don't matter where they come from, once they're here they're Jackrabbits" motto? Besides, unless any of you on here are coaches I don't believe you have a say what-so-ever in the matter!
                Thats fine with me. You must be a buddy of Seville.

Comment

First of all I'm not seeing the Seville post, is that from an earlier thread or did he post that and then delete it? (I'm wondering if there is news or not)

As far as Seville, I'm not going to get into a pissing match as we all know I've been in a fair amount with him. However he has been by this kid since the beginning, I'm sure he is in the know and is imparsial concerning this whole situation.

As far as SDSU recruiting, I'm where I stand, however I'm not like some people. I believe that everyone should be given a look. I think if you start looking off recruits because of what some people believe are problems you are really limiting the base to recruit from. I'm willing to bet that you can look at current SDSU athletes (all sports both men and women) and find a skeleton or 2 in most of their closets (some obviously much bigger then others). Not everyone is Tim Tebow, though damn near every college makes it out as if they have teams full of them, and the others don't. So I say stay in the loop, I'm open to communication with him, try to maybe figure out whats happened down in Florida. And then make the decision. But I do agree that Nagy has a good thing going so its not like he needs to go all out on him, as what I would suggest if this was 3-4-5 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Thats fine with me. You must be a buddy of Seville.
                    Actually I'm just tired of the bipolar-ness of this board. We love Ketty, we hate Ketty. We love Kai, we hate Kai. We love Nana, we hate Nana. We're glad Jill didn't come here, that slow footed player; she comes here, we love her. Where does it end, seriously? It's like reading a board full of Stu Whitneys.

Comment

Actually I'm just tired of the bipolar-ness of this board. We love Ketty, we hate Ketty. We love Kai, we hate Kai. We love Nana, we hate Nana. We're glad Jill didn't come here, that slow footed player; she comes here, we love her. Where does it end, seriously? It's like reading a board full of Stu Whitneys.
                      I've never been on a message board that wasn't bi-polar, not saying it's right ,just the nature of the beast. Anyway i don't see where Cody said he was leaving Florida,just the team.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                        First of all I'm not seeing the Seville post, is that from an earlier thread or did he post that and then delete it? (I'm wondering if there is news or not)
                        Bingo Seville happened to see it and lost his cool. Shame on him, those kind of comments do not help the image of the Dakota Schoolers.

Comment

I do get what you are saying, I made a comment above about how every fan base believes they have a team full of Tebow's. They recruit the right guys, the guys that chose to go other places weren't good fits, blah dah dah. Yeah its part of every fan board though. I think that is a little different though when it comes to this situation though. (again I'm not totally against him) But since the beginning there have been people who have said this kid/recruit has some issues off the court, and at the same time there have been others saying (no big deal, SDSU would love him, way too good for SDSU, blah blah blah), so in saying that I think its a tad different then the bi-polar that occurs on every fan board.

Comment

Bi polar ? thanks again

Comment

Dep. Barney Fife here....

Watch the personal attacks.

My two-cents: whatever Coach Nagy decides is fine with me.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                                I think he will only have 2 years of eligibility when it is all figured out. Would have to apply for the 3rd year, (4 years of playing in 5 year period) already redshirted, so this year would be used, and unless he went down at semester to a lower level this year would count. The one story I read said he plans to finish the academic year at Florida (whatever that means), though as clearly has been stated with this guy, (and many others) I don't put a lot of weight with his plans.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Vermillion, Boots has always been a guy to take fliers on transfers. As far as SDSU, all what I'll say is I don't want SDSU to "recruit" him or use a scholarship on him. If he ends up doing the heavy lifting, wants to be part of the team and is willing to walk-on. Well then I'm fine with it.
                                With time ticking on his eligibility,you would think that if he is going to stay in D1 that he would transfer before the second semester starts. That way he would be eligible for the second half of the 13/14 season.

Comment

Working...
                                X