X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody Larson

From Argus Leader:
    Donovan said Larson had to do more to convince him that he should get his scholarship back. He was given the option of leaving or staying at UF with no scholarship, and Larson chose to come back.
    http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...news|text|home
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Re: Cody Larson

A shame, really. But maybe this will be the motivation he needs to get his act together.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Maybe its just me but I am not surprised this is the way his career is going so far. Hopefully he gets things figured out in life. Not sure if their are more off court issues but he has the talent in his body but not sure if his head knows it. What ever is going on its been a rough run for him.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Maybe its just me but I am not surprised this is the way his career is going so far. Hopefully he gets things figured out in life. Not sure if their are more off court issues but he has the talent in his body but not sure if his head knows it. What ever is going on its been a rough run for him.
        I hope he can get whatever is going on straightened out. Every time one of these stories comes out, I wonder how long before its announced that he will be finishing his career at Augie... I certainly hope that doesn't happen and he can become a consistent contributor at Florida.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          I'm not surprised either. Before he got busted for prescription drugs, I heard a story or two about him and he was known in Sioux Falls.

Comment

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/2...CLES/121019923

Comment

In a twist of irony.....usually the Dakota, Iowa and Nebraska schools go to Florida to get a problem player, Florida came to SD and got one.........
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Just saw a retweet by TV that Larson is leaving the team - does not say if he is staying in school at Florida or not.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Just saw a retweet by TV that Larson is leaving the team - does not say if he is staying in school at Florida or not.
                  All that I have seen is that he is focusing on his academics and personal life, but I would take a flier on him. He still has 3 years of eligibility left and still has potential. I wouldn't be surprised if he got some calls from college coaches. Tbh, I wouldn't mind him in a Jacks uniform. That could end up being a salty lineup, but I don't think there is any scholarships available at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Vermillion or bust.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      Vermillion or bust.
                      Nagy has to make that call to see what's up.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        Nagy has to make that call to see what's up.
                        Only way I'd even want him to consider it is if the rest of the players would support it. If Nate, Tony, Jordan and the others are okay with taking a flier on a kid that has caused problems every where he has been (like his dad did) then maybe consideration is appropriate.

My opinion (which is worth nothing here) don't go anywhere near this young man as it pertains to basketball. He needs to focus on much more important issues and the Jackrabbits don't need the headache that comes with those problems.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I think he will only have 2 years of eligibility when it is all figured out. Would have to apply for the 3rd year, (4 years of playing in 5 year period) already redshirted, so this year would be used, and unless he went down at semester to a lower level this year would count. The one story I read said he plans to finish the academic year at Florida (whatever that means), though as clearly has been stated with this guy, (and many others) I don't put a lot of weight with his plans.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Vermillion, Boots has always been a guy to take fliers on transfers. As far as SDSU, all what I'll say is I don't want SDSU to "recruit" him or use a scholarship on him. If he ends up doing the heavy lifting, wants to be part of the team and is willing to walk-on. Well then I'm fine with it.

Comment

I agree with both previous posts. If the team is ok with it and if he can try to strighten things out but he could be a train wreck here and that is the last thing this team needs. If he is willing to walk on and prove it i am fine with it. I would see USd looking to get him before SDSU. Frankly he probably needs to focus on more important things in life then trying to find another school to try to play basketball at.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Here's a link to the story on GatorCountry.com:
                              http://www.gatorcountry.com/basketba...sketball/15556

Comment

Working...
                              X