Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joe Paterno Passes

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    When was it reported to the police? Who reported it?
    JoePa reported it to the Chief of Police.
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      Paterno knew about all of the allegations and continued to allow Sandusky to use Penn State facilities. That's pretty bad. And no one is saying that the investigation isn't to blame. My only point was that I disagreed with those saying Paterno "deserved" a better ending.
      Because allegations are enough to ruin a guy's life over.

There is a lot of monday morning quarterbacking going on in this thread.

It is what it is. If Sandusky is guilty, he will most definitely pay for it. Paterno did do a ton of good.

I hope someday I'm not judged by my least common denominator.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
        JoePa reported it to the Chief of Police.
        He waited a day,then reported it to the A.D. A week and a half later Schultz met with Paterno. He was the V.P of finance and business which gives him over sight of the university police departments finances. Calling him the police is an incredible stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
          I can't argue with this. If I found out someone was working beneath me that betrayed my trust, let alone the trust of hundreds of children and their parents. I'm sorry, but I'd string that mother f$%ker up myself. JoePA, should have been on a rampage rather than let Admin. cover it up. "What are you doing about it? Why is he still here? Why isn't he on trial?" He would have had the respect and credibility of everyone. He deserved the ending he got, nothing less, nothing more. Sandusky will get his in spades as well, in prison. Problem is the sick f$%k will probably enjoy it.
          You have the benefit of hindsight.

Let's say it was someone EXTREMELY close to you, like your brother. Let's say you have been working with your brother for 40 years. Let's say you took the company from nothing to top 50 in America. Let's say your brother runs a charity in his spare time supporting underpriviledged kids, and you have personally seen the benefits of his work. Then let's say some temp at the company comes to you with allegations like this. And you don't have the benefit of hindsight, only what you have known of your brother for 40 years, interrupted by a bombshell that goes against everything you have ever known about the man.

Do you still string the mother f$%ker up yourself, or do you proceed with caution, notify authorities, and let the process play out?

Not so easy now, is it.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
            I can't argue with this. If I found out someone was working beneath me that betrayed my trust, let alone the trust of hundreds of children and their parents. I'm sorry, but I'd string that mother f$%ker up myself. JoePA, should have been on a rampage rather than let Admin. cover it up. "What are you doing about it? Why is he still here? Why isn't he on trial?" He would have had the respect and credibility of everyone. He deserved the ending he got, nothing less, nothing more. Sandusky will get his in spades as well, in prison. Problem is the sick f$%k will probably enjoy it.
            One more thing, haha rape is funny when it happens in prison. Get a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
              He waited a day,then reported it to the A.D. A week and a half later Schultz met with Paterno. He was the V.P of finance and business which gives him over sight of the university police departments finances. Calling him the police is an incredible stretch.
              McQuery(sp?) waited a day to report to JoePa too. And Chief of Police is Chief of Police regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

It is what it is. If Sandusky is guilty, he will most definitely pay for it. Paterno did do a ton of good.

Sure he did a ton of good and he got paid millions of dollars for it. He lived a good life and died at an old age. I have no sympathy for the way he died.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Sure he did a ton of good and he got paid millions of dollars for it. He lived a good life and died at an old age. I have no sympathy for the way he died.
                  There are certaintly many more college coaches making more than him up to Saban who makes 6 times as much JoePa not to mention he basically built the Penn State library. From all acounts he lived a simple life in a simple home since 1960.

Comment

McQuery(sp?) waited a day to report to JoePa too. And Chief of Police is Chief of Police regardless.
                    Again, Paterno reported it to the A.D. He never reported it to the police.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

"Least common denominator" ? Really? Good grief.

Comment

There are certaintly many more college coaches making more than him up to Saban who makes 6 times as much JoePa not to mention he basically built the Penn State library. From all acounts he lived a simple life in a simple home since 1960.
                        And yet I don't feel sorry for him.

Comment

And yet I don't feel sorry for him.
                          I'm not saying the guy is a saint, but he wasn't the child molester here either. It is a really bad situation, one in which Paterno played a relatively small role by my understanding.

Have you ever been in a position to try to take some sort of action against someone over allegations. Not indictments, not charges, but secondhand allegations. If you think its that easy you may want to do some reading on some of the actions attempted/taken by school boards in the Brookings area over the last 5 years.

Comment

You guys need to consider what you would have done in his situation and position. Step into his skin and walk around.
                            Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                            ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
                              You guys need to consider what you would have done in his situation and position. Step into his skin and walk around.
                              Too wrinkly for me.

Comment

So the guy who heard the second hand report gets blamed for following the law. What if the reports were not true after the fact. Funny that RO and TCR don't say abything about mcquery. Why did the actual witness not go forward. If anything blame him. Joepa should never have been brought into it but the witness never went to police first which would have done the most good. I I love that TCR would play police judge and jury without witnessing anything and think vigilanti justice is ok. Everyone dropped the ball from the witness to the bot and police and everyone in between. To sinlge joepa out is wrong on so many levels. Its a sad deal for sure but to trash an old man who died of cancer and did a lot of good and pardon him along the way made a small fortune for doing so. RO, people aren't asking you to feel sorry for him but just remember when your final days come near that people will remember you for the good you may do in life and not judge you for your worst moment in this case that was followed by the law. And with anyluck you'll be able to make a small fortune along the way as well.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X