X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joe Paterno Passes

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
    Joe isn't the bad guy.
    Yes, he just didn't report a child molester. Great dude.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      Yes, he just didn't report a child molester. Great dude.
      I'm pretty sure he did what the law required him to do, which was tell the higher authorities. Yeah he could have and should have done more but he didn't have too.
      Great moments are born from great opportunities.
      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Joe isn't the bad guy.
        Nobody said he was,he just didn't bother to find out how bad the bad guy was,or wasn't......who just happened to work for him and his beloved Penn State.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          Nobody said he was,he just didn't bother to find out how bad the bad guy was,or wasn't......who just happened to work for him and his beloved Penn State.
          But but but, when he found out, he dismissed him from his coaching position! Oh, after that he just went full time working with his charity that involved working with children?

smh.

Comment

But but but, when he found out, he dismissed him from his coaching position! Oh, after that he just went full time working with his charity that involved working with children?

smh.
            I have had problems with Sandusky's departure and how little Paterno quizzed him about leaving. IIRC, and not sure of the detail, Sandusky left when the investigation was closing in on him, now whether Paterno was in the loop about what was going on at that time remains to be unknown, and that alone seems to create clouds of doubt around dear olde Joe. Perhaps more details will come to light as Sandusky gets his day in court. Until then, condolences are due to the family for their loss, but this affair is long from over.

Comment

I'm not so sure he deserved a better ending. He got paid millions of dollars to coach a game he loved. He died at an old age.

There was controversy in his life because he, among others, ignored someone around their program who has been accused of over 50 counts of child molestation.

Do you know who deserves a better ending? Malnourished children or people hit by drunk drivers. Not a millionaire football coach that lived into his 80s.
              I can't argue with this. If I found out someone was working beneath me that betrayed my trust, let alone the trust of hundreds of children and their parents. I'm sorry, but I'd string that mother f$%ker up myself. JoePA, should have been on a rampage rather than let Admin. cover it up. "What are you doing about it? Why is he still here? Why isn't he on trial?" He would have had the respect and credibility of everyone. He deserved the ending he got, nothing less, nothing more. Sandusky will get his in spades as well, in prison. Problem is the sick f$%k will probably enjoy it.
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                I can't argue with this. If I found out someone was working beneath me that betrayed my trust, let alone the trust of hundreds of children and their parents. I'm sorry, but I'd string that mother f$%ker up myself. JoePA, should have been on a rampage rather than let Admin. cover it up. "What are you doing about it? Why is he still here? Why isn't he on trial?" He would have had the respect and credibility of everyone. He deserved the ending he got, nothing less, nothing more. Sandusky will get his in spades as well, in prison. Problem is the sick f$%k will probably enjoy it.
                You guys have veryy colorful and strong opinions. It makes me laugh sometimes. Sorry.
                ---Herb Brooks

Comment

You guys have veryy colorful and strong opinions. It makes me laugh sometimes. Sorry.
                  As a father of two, I don't think I'm kidding all that much, and I'm not sure it's all that funny. He messed up big time IMO, and it far outweighs any good he did.

Comment

As a father of two, I don't think I'm kidding all that much, and I'm not sure it's all that funny. He messed up big time IMO, and it far outweighs any good he did.
                    One mistake can't outweigh the good in the rest of your life. And I'm not laughing at him, I'm laughing at you. But I'm done laughing.
                    ---Herb Brooks

Comment

One mistake can't outweigh the good in the rest of your life. And I'm not laughing at him, I'm laughing at you. But I'm done laughing.
                      One mistake that involves the knowledge of harming children for the rest of their life? It shouldn't be absolved because you coached football. In the end he showed no character. He was just worried about his legacy and his precious university, which really showed the kind of guy he was, as well as the kind of people he worked for. This wasn't a "I saw Jerry Sandusky smoking a joint on campus." This was the brutalization of children by someone they held in regard and another person in held in high regard found out and did the minimum to report it. The witness should have interfered as well and kept pursuing the matter since Paterno had not. It's not a little mistake.

Comment

Like Phil Knight said blame the investigatation not JoePa. Lets just remember that it was reported to the police and the police were the ones that turned a bline eye. Usually you report to the police, and the police make the arrests not a civilian after they report it the police. You guys are blaming the wrong person. Be angry at Sandusky or the police not JoePa.
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                          Like Phil Knight said blame the investigatation not JoePa. Lets just remember that it was reported to the police and the police were the ones that turned a bline eye. Usually you report to the police, and the police make the arrests not a civilian after they report it the police. You guys are blaming the wrong person. Be angry at Sandusky or the police not JoePa.
                          Did Paterno go to the police himself?
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Paterno knew about all of the allegations and continued to allow Sandusky to use Penn State facilities. That's pretty bad. And no one is saying that the investigation isn't to blame. My only point was that I disagreed with those saying Paterno "deserved" a better ending.

Comment

When was it reported to the police? Who reported it?

Comment

One mistake that involves the knowledge of harming children for the rest of their life? It shouldn't be absolved because you coached football. In the end he showed no character. He was just worried about his legacy and his precious university, which really showed the kind of guy he was, as well as the kind of people he worked for. This wasn't a "I saw Jerry Sandusky smoking a joint on campus." This was the brutalization of children by someone they held in regard and another person in held in high regard found out and did the minimum to report it. The witness should have interfered as well and kept pursuing the matter since Paterno had not. It's not a little mistake.
                                It shouldn't matter the mistake even if it's the biggest mistake of your life. It doesn't have to ruin someone's life and it shouldn't make you or anyone else believe that he's a bad guy or whatever else you people think.
                                ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Working...
                                X