Taylor Martinez quits NE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Taylor Martinez quits NE?

It'll be interesting to watch the Nebraska coach...he must be one of the more intense coaches in the business. That kind of intensity combined with a great win/loss record will be okay but if he has a slump,...

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
      Join the Corps and let your Jr. DI know when you get to boot camp that you want to visit the "Whisky Locker". Get back to me when your done and let me know how that hands off policy worked out for you.
      The Pentagon says Drill Sergeants are prohibited from physically harming recruits.

Are you saying that official policies are often ignored by individuals within organizations?

I'm sure Nebraska has an official policy against aggressive physical contact with players. If they do, that policy is being ignored, which in my mind would open the university up to a lawsuit.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Can we move this thread from the "College Athletics" section to the "Threads whose content doesn't match the title" section.
        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
          "Threads whose content doesn't match the title" section.
          This would be the largest section on SDSUfans.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I know it's stupid to write this...but it seems to pop up in every AL chat when rumors get started on here. It's even more unbelievable when people believe them. Because they know somebody "who knows".

There is no truth to Martinez or Wegher coming to SDSU. Do not waste time with this, it is sarcasm and people having fun.
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
              There is no truth to Martinez or Wegher coming to SDSU. Do not waste time with this, it is sarcasm and people having fun.
              I heard Pelini and Mierkort are swapping jobs.

Wegher already played at SDSU so that isn't a rumor at all.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I heard Martinez is starting for Augie Saturday.
                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Ahhh America where people have choices, Sue, Say nothing, Tolerate it, Work it out, Get a gun and shoot it out.

Comment

generally when a player transfers from a FBS school, they go down. Either JuCo or FCS because then they don't have to sit out a year.

When a player transfers, generally they do one of 3 things, go to a near by school from the college that they have recognition of. Go back home to a school by where they are from or have some type of family ties to, or go to one of those nationally recognizable JuCo schools.

I don't know Martinez but if he was to quit Nebraska and transfer you would have to put SDSU on that list if you were just to speculate because its an area FCS school who they played this year.

As far as Wegher he is from South Dakota, his dad was a legend at SDSU and its not very far from where he went to college.

So I'm not saying SDSU will get them or that in their eyes they are even considering, but I think it is fair to speculate about it.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      generally when a player transfers from a FBS school, they go down. Either JuCo or FCS because then they don't have to sit out a year.

When a player transfers, generally they do one of 3 things, go to a near by school from the college that they have recognition of. Go back home to a school by where they are from or have some type of family ties to, or go to one of those nationally recognizable JuCo schools.

I don't know Martinez but if he was to quit Nebraska and transfer you would have to put SDSU on that list if you were just to speculate because its an area FCS school who they played this year.

As far as Wegher he is from South Dakota, his dad was a legend at SDSU and its not very far from where he went to college.

So I'm not saying SDSU will get them or that in their eyes they are even considering, but I think it is fair to speculate about it.

Wegher yes. Martinez no. Martinez will never be coming to SDSU. If you think there's even a slight chance, you're lying to yourself.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        Wegher yes. Martinez no. Martinez will never be coming to SDSU. If you think there's even a slight chance, you're lying to yourself.
                        I don't think anyone, I mean ANYONE has thought or thinks for a second that Martinez is going anywhere. As for Wegher, nothing but speculation and rumors from various unnamed sources, nothing concrete and certainly nothing that deserves any more attention than speculation alone.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                        X