Taylor Martinez quits NE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor Martinez quits NE?

Read this earlier tonight. No way this is accurate, right NE fans?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...quits-the-team

Re: Taylor Martinez quits NE?

twitter says its false. quotes his hs coach, and Pelini, however I don't think everything is rosy in Big Red land.

Comment

Watched a bit of the NE/A&M game last night. Pellini was having a heated discussion with Martinez on the sidelines in the second quarter. That may be the root of the rumour.

Doubtful that Martinez is quitting.
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

So when do the Martinez to SDSU rumors start?

Comment

Right now!

I have never talked to Martinez, nor anyone that knows him personally. But, he'd look good in SDSU Blue. I'm pretty sure if he was looking for an out he would look to SDSU as a transfer option. Stig has a much calmer demeanor than Pelini. Definately Martinez to SDSU on the outside chance he's looking to transfer and he decides to come to SDSU. Then it's a given. Until then, he's a Husker.
          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
            Right now!

I have never talked to Martinez, nor anyone that knows him personally. But, he'd look good in SDSU Blue. I'm pretty sure if he was looking for an out he would look to SDSU as a transfer option. Stig has a much calmer demeanor than Pelini. Definately Martinez to SDSU on the outside chance he's looking to transfer and he decides to come to SDSU. Then it's a given. Until then, he's a Husker.
            I heard Pelini was not upset with his play but with his off field behavior. Seems he has been too friendly with some of the other players, coaches and grad assistants significant others. These are facts not rumors, I know because I read them on a blog or fan board or heard it at the Cenex in Bloomfield.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              I heard Pelini was not upset with his play but with his off field behavior. Seems he has been too friendly with some of the other players, coaches and grad assistants significant others. These are facts not rumors, I know because I read them on a blog or fan board or heard it at the Cenex in Bloomfield.

Don't hate the player; hate the game!
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                Right now!

Problem is that in the Jackrabbit offense, we only run between the tackles. Taylor's games isn't suited to that. Besides, we already have a QB that tends to make bad throws
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Martinez and Wegher are a package deal and have narrowed it down to either SDSU or USD or Northwestern or ............
                  USD Fan

Comment

I don't think he'd drop down a level.Sure, you can still get drafted to the NFL playing in the FCS too,but most players want more exposure

Comment

He couldn't handle our defense on Sept. 25. I don't know why he would want to face it every day in practice.
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                        He couldn't handle our defense on Sept. 25. I don't know why he would want to face it every day in practice.
                        Actually, since Loetzer left we could really use a scout team QB. Then, if he shows that he is up to Jackrabbit standards we can move him to safety.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                          Problem is that in the Jackrabbit offense, we only run between the tackles. Taylor's games isn't suited to that. Besides, we already have a QB that tends to make bad throws
                          I'm pretty sure we could change the offense to fit a player of his caliber.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                            I'm pretty sure we could change the offense to fit a player of his caliber.
                            Even though I was joking 100%, I would hope that a coaches system wouldn't change for just 1 player. Seems counter productive for a short stint.

Comment

The video I've seen of this shows Pelini pretty aggressively poking (actual physical contact) Martinez in the chest while screaming at him while inches from his face.

That kind of behavior isn't acceptable in society, and shouldn't be acceptable on a college sideline while addressing a 19 year old. In fact, if documented in the private sector, it would probably get you fired at any company with a decent HR department. They don't even allow this type of behavior at boot camp.

If I was Martinez, I'd quit and sue the school.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                              X