SF Event Center Named

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SF Event Center Named

OK, late as usual to the party...but I always get a little ticked hearing people complain about Denny Sanford's high risk, high cost credit card company (he has made a lot of money off his bank, his credit cards, and other areas just like Warren Buffet for cripes sake). Sorry Nidaros, his credit card offering was not usary (see Merriam-Webster, i.e. "interest in excess of a legal rate charged to a borrower for the use of money." People can moralize all that want to on it, but the company was in the business of giving credit to people who couldn't get it elsewhere, at a rate that did not exceed law, and that is a very high risk business. If some of the complainers want to get in the business of high risk lending...why don't they.

And let's be careful that we separate discussions about T. Denny Sanford and Sanford Medical. TDS gave huge sums to Sanford Medical and got his name on it and people can like that or not. The funding for the Sioux Falls event center, for the SDSU Indoor Human Performance Center, the USD facility, all comes from Sanford Medical, not from TDS. TDS did give $5 million to SDSU in Dana Dykhouse's name, along with $1 million from the Dykhouse family, and a similar amount to the USD business school in the name of his other top employee, and his name is not on either facility. The $10 million for SDSU is from Sanford Health...not TDS...and was part of a deal on providing all medical services for SDSU athletics. Most of this discussion is academic anyway...I doubt Mr. Sanford gives a rip what people say. I'm just glad, like others have mentioned, that in giving away a lot of his money before he dies, that he is investing a huge share in South Dakota projects.

Comment

Andrew Carnegie wasn't an oil tycoon. He was a steel magnate.

http://carnegie.org/about-us/foundat...drew-carnegie/
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
        Andrew Carnegie wasn't an oil tycoon. He was a steel magnate.

http://carnegie.org/about-us/foundat...drew-carnegie/
        Darn those details, I wish I was perfectg like you Jackrabbit1, mabye I could be in radio.

Comment

Well, it takes a lot of hard work to be perfect like me!

**helps that I was a high school history teacher in a previous life**
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
            Well, it takes a lot of hard work to be perfect like me!

**helps that I was a high school history teacher in a previous life**
            No problem, I went back and deleted a number of my posts that are critical of Premiar Bank, TDS, and specificall the post that included the Andrew Carnegie reference. Since Sanford Health has helped SDSU, USD and SF, I do not need comment further. I do wonder how SDSU Foundation is doing in raising the final 6 million. I sent my gift on line. I hope others have also. You dont have to be rich to help out. The website includes a block for 'Other Amout" which could be 10 bucks I suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
              Honestly, I wasn't inferring you, MD. But now that you mention it.....

At least I'm no longer confused about people going to Volga to go to the hospital
              Hold on there young man, I was born in the Volga Hospital. It once was a buzzing place when we had more rural people, but its still there north of the Brookings County Museum. Its a run down apartment house now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                No problem, I went back and deleted a number of my posts that are critical of Premiar Bank, TDS, and specificall the post that included the Andrew Carnegie reference. Since Sanford Health has helped SDSU, USD and SF, I do not need comment further. I do wonder how SDSU Foundation is doing in raising the final 6 million. I sent my gift on line. I hope others have also. You dont have to be rich to help out. The website includes a block for 'Other Amout" which could be 10 bucks I suspect.
                I'm sure there'll be a J Lohr and few of the other usual suspects. Vinatieri? I should give my $10 too.......as a gentleman much wealthier than I(will ever hope to be) once told me: "Pennies add up to dollars."
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Columnist Patrick Lolley, of the Argus, who happens to be a USD grad, wrote an excellent piece about TDS;

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

It makes sense to me and I feel foolish for making the comments I have about TDS.
                  Last edited by Nidaros; 08-10-2012, 07:44 AM. Reason: P

Comment

Working...
                  X