SF Event Center Named

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF Event Center Named

The Sioux Falls Event Center has been named: "T Denny Sanford Premier Center". Here's the exclusive story in the Argus:
    http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

Re: SF Event Center Named

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    The Sioux Falls Event Center has been named: "T Denny Sanford Premier Center". Here's the exclusive story in the Argus:
    http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...nclick_check=1
    Located in Sanford Falls along the Big Sanford River on Sanford Street in Sanford County, Sanford Dakota.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Located in Sanford Falls along the Big Sanford River on Sanford Street in Sanford County, Sanford Dakota.
      Honestly, who cares?
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

[QUOTE=jackrabit1;206024]Honestly, who cares?[/Q Apparently,T.Denny does.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
          Honestly, who cares?
          Many philanthropists donate money without the expectation that their name be prominently displayed. This obviously isn't the case with Mr. Sanford. He is quite okay if someone is offended or as you put it "cares". Just saw the Sanford Orthopedics emblem flash on the screen during the Twins game. Money well spent during a healthcare crisis? Plenty of debate there.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I wish he would want his name on a new football stadium in Brookings...wouldn't bother me a bit as I sit and watch a game in a brand new stadium.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
              I wish he would want his name on a new football stadium in Brookings...wouldn't bother me a bit as I sit and watch a game in a brand new stadium.
              I respect that you are entitled to your opinion. I'd prefer a name more consistent with the history of SDSU athletics and the institution itself.

Comment

I am shocked at this development, who could have seen this coming?

That has to be one of the longest arena names in the history of the world. They may have to use 9pt font to get it all on the building, or the signage could be bigger than the events center. Actually, that would probably suit T Denny just fine.

In all seriousness, we are lucky to have a philanthropist like Mr. Sanford committed to so many South Dakota projects.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  I am shocked at this development, who could have seen this coming?

That has to be one of the longest arena names in the history of the world. They may have to use 9pt font to get it all on the building, or the signage could be bigger than the events center. Actually, that would probably suit T Denny just fine.

In all seriousness, we are lucky to have a philanthropist like Mr. Sanford committed to so many South Dakota projects.
                  Lucky? I know a guy that says that many philanthropists donate money without the expectation that their name be prominently displayed. If we were actually lucky, we'd have one of those people donating money, because they are better people.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    Lucky? I know a guy that says that many philanthropists donate money without the expectation that their name be prominently displayed. If we were actually lucky, we'd have one of those people donating money, because they are better people.
                    Yeah...this guy has given what to SD...almost 3 quarters of a BILLION dollars and he's not even from here?? What a ego-maniac jerkoff. Get f****ing real. I mean, I can understand the other side of giving without recognition, but to say this guy isn't a good person because he has his name on things...to far even for you RO.

Go Jacks!!
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      This particular project isn't about philanthropy anyway, its about sponsoring the events center.

When Nick's Hamburger shop sponsors a little league team, do their uniforms say "Nick's Hamburgers" on the front? The only difference is the number of zeros on the check written.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                        Yeah...this guy has given what to SD...almost 3 quarters of a BILLION dollars and he's not even from here?? What a ego-maniac jerkoff. Get f****ing real. I mean, I can understand the other side of giving without recognition, but to say this guy isn't a good person because he has his name on things...to far even for you RO.

Go Jacks!!
                        I'm pretty sure RO's post was written with tongue permantly embedded in cheek. Read the entire thread and you will likely come to the same conclusion I did.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          I'm pretty sure RO's post was written with tongue permantly embedded in cheek. Read the entire thread and you will likely come to the same conclusion I did.
                          I guess I'm still not sensing the scarcasm. Or my "sensitivity meter" is up.
                          Get a little worked up when this guy helps SD(which BTW can use every penny of help it can get) out and a lot of SDakotan's essentially bitch about how the $$ was delivered. We sound like a bunch of spoiled little brats, when in actually I know exactly the reason they bitch...because they're jealous the $$ isn't or didn't go to one of their "pet-projects".

Go Jacks!!
                          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                            This particular project isn't about philanthropy anyway, its about sponsoring the events center.

When Nick's Hamburger shop sponsors a little league team, do their uniforms say "Nick's Hamburgers" on the front? The only difference is the number of zeros on the check written.
                            At my last visit to Nicks I notice a trophy and picture for over Seventy Softball from Arizona sponsored by Nick's. Dick Fregan, current Nicks, told me he planned to play on that team next winter. I believe he will be seventy this summer. I am sure those old guys are appreciative of his check with at least 3 or maybe 4 zeros. BTW the uniforms said Nicks, and nothing about Hamburgers.

Comment

Have to vote with MD on this one. To only give money to have your name on it seems a bit vain to me and this is a little different than a local business giving to support a little league team. I have never liked corporate names or naming rights because one rich person gave a lot of money. I prefer somebody who through time deserves the honor. After T Denny passes on and dies, I think if Sioux Falls wants to name something after him for all the money he has put back into this city is fine. But to name it because he gave the most money seems a bit ego driven. I guess the positive is they aren’t limiting other sponsoring opportunities inside the premier center of with competing businesses. since I didnt support this event center as the best option for SF I don't support the naming rights. I understand the need for it, but all of those businesses that he owes sure could have forked up the money and built a private arena that SF residents wouldn't be on the hook for.

since Sioux Falls residents are paying more for it to be built then T Denny, shouldn't the name reflect the cities contribution. I guess I would be ok with it being called the Sioux Falls Event Center( in large signage with smaller signage after words) sponsored by T Dennny Sanford
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X