Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Buffalo Wings applying for liquor license

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
    In other words, they didn't want an actual creek running through Whiskey Creek. LOL
    You got it, not hard to do with the water tables in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      I'm unfamiliar with what the Whiskey Creek location is?

Edit: http://www.whiskeycreek.com/news10.shtml
      On east 6th street US 14 near the Swiftel Center. Maybe someone else can be more specific.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        And just to bring the conversation up-to-date for those who don't know, work is starting on the Whiskey Creek location, which is on the east side of the Interstate, on the street leading up to the Swiftel center (north side of Hwy 14 or 6th Street). It had been delayed because of a problem with the water table. They had to put in some type of filler, and then cover that and build. Anyway, ground work has started.
        I don't suppose there's any chance they'll be open by Oct 20. It sounds like a nice place to stop on the way back from Sioux Falls.

Comment

We have a Whiskey Creek in Mitchell. Wasnt impressed at all. Service was terrible and the food was much better. Wont go back for a while, if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
            Whiskey Creek claims to be the first restaurant chain to feature the Flat Iron Steak. As a meat scientist, I had to check it out when I was in Wichita, KS. It was not a Flat Iron. It was a Top Blade. Meaning it is the intact muscle that is divided into the Flat Iron. It has a very, very tough seam of connective tissue that runs right down the center of it. Terrible steak eating experience. I would not recommend Whiskey Creek for the food. It did however have a very extensive and really good margarita menu, that was really good.
            Same primal but different cut, right? Top blade is a cross cut giving you shorter muscle fibers but you get stuck with the connective tissue in the middle. Flat iron is cut with the grain along the connective tissue to remove the gristle, but you're left with a slightly tougher steak because of the longer muscle fibers. Do I have that right?

As I type this, I'm finishing the dissolving of a bunch of connective tissue by braising a rump roast at 250 for the last four hours. Good eatin for the weekend. (a chuck or blade roast would be better, but I'm using up part of a side of beef)

Comment

Based on a sampling of just two locations, Whiskey Creek can be hit or miss. We had one in Lincoln for a couple of years. The few times we ate there, it was good -- on par with a Texas Roadhouse-type place. So last year when passing through St. Joe, MO, last spring, I thought Whiskey Creek would be a good place for dinner. Not so good. The Lincoln location couldn't make it. I don't see how the St. Joe does, other than it's right off I-29.
              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                We have a Whiskey Creek in Mitchell. Wasnt impressed at all. Service was terrible and the food was much better. Wont go back for a while, if at all.
                Ate at the same one in Mitchell, it was far from good. I won't be going back there and doubt that I'll try the Brookings location without a recommendation from somebody. Cheap food prepared and served poorly.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It sounds like we might have been there the same day.
                  Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                    Based on a sampling of just two locations, Whiskey Creek can be hit or miss. We had one in Lincoln for a couple of years. The few times we ate there, it was good -- on par with a Texas Roadhouse-type place. So last year when passing through St. Joe, MO, last spring, I thought Whiskey Creek would be a good place for dinner. Not so good. The Lincoln location couldn't make it. I don't see how the St. Joe does, other than it's right off I-29.
                    There was one in Norfolk or was one there 2001 to 2005, I have not been through there but once and I did notice if it was still in operation. I thought the food and service as good as any where else and based on that was looking forward to the one Brookings opening up. We will see.

Comment

I guess we will find out how it does here. If it "ain't good", it won't do well. As for the exact location, if you go east to turn into the Swiftel Center (on the east side of the Interstate, north of Daktronics, and the motels there), you will find Whiskey Creek on your left, just as you enter the road up to the Swiftel Center.

Comment

Working...
                      X