New Vandrovecs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Vandrovecs

If you see him, I'm sure he'd be happy to take it. But if you don't see him and still want to donate, talking to Amy is the best way. I've worked with Amy before on our radiothons and she's aces in my book.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
      This certainly puts a lot of things in perspective. So many things in life that are way more important than the big game!

If we could all take a couple moments and say a prayer or two for Kailey and her family I'm sure it would mean a lot to the Vandrovecs.

Terry, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Prayers that this operation is a success and helps Kailey continue to develop.

God Bless.

SUPERBUNNY
      It absolutely does put things in perspective, that's for sure.

It's amazing to me that such a little being can even be operated on...if you see the pics on caringbridge or today's live chat, she's just a tiny little thing. I sat in awe and got near teary looking at that little hand wrapped around the finger.

A true miracle.

Makes me hug my 18 mo. old a little tighter, that is for sure.

Thinking and praying for you, Kailey, and the Vandrovec family.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Here's the contact info for Amy Sumner at Sanford:

amy.sumner@sanfordhealth.org
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Looked over last night and didn't see TV. Everything OK? I'm really, really, really hoping he had the flu or somthing like that.

Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
            Looked over last night and didn't see TV. Everything OK? I'm really, really, really hoping he had the flu or somthing like that.

Go Jacks!!
            I noticed he wasn't at the EIU game on saturday either.

Hope everything is going alright.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              I noticed he wasn't at the EIU game on saturday either.

Hope everything is going alright.
              I was not at the game, but checked the Argus for a live chat and foumd that it had been cancelled. There was a link posted on this board to follow the chat through the collegian which did. I also noticed that Drew Aman wrote the story this morning and he was one of those who monitored the live chat. Thats all I know. I am not in SD now so hardly know what the weather is like. That might have stopped TV.

Comment

Just checked Kailey's caringbridge site.

I'll put it this way, Kailey, Jess and Mya need Terry far more right now than we do.

Continued prayers go out to the Vandrovec family.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  Just checked Kailey's caringbridge site.

I'll put it this way, Kailey, Jess and Mya need Terry far more right now than we do.

Continued prayers go out to the Vandrovec family.
                  He tweeted yesterday that he wasn't going to be attending the Nevada game because of some complications with reflux testing with his daughter. I would agree with RowdyRabbits sentiments above.

I believe he covered the Skyforce game on Saturday night instead of EIU.

I though Mr. Aman had good game stories for both in the Argus this morning and on Sunday.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

On a somewhat unrealated note, Terry is a finalist for South Dakota Sportswriter of the Year from the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Assocation. After everything that he and his family has gone through this year, I hope he gets it.
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                      He tweeted yesterday that he wasn't going to be attending the Nevada game because of some complications with reflux testing with his daughter. I would agree with RowdyRabbits sentiments above.

I believe he covered the Skyforce game on Saturday night instead of EIU.

I though Mr. Aman had good game stories for both in the Argus this morning and on Sunday.

I think his daughter wasn't doing well with the test but that's to be expected with a newborn like that. Many things connected to her and lots of beeping going on. I think it just increased the anxiety of the family and Kailey while not having the 1 on 1 attention they were getting previously. Things will hopefully get better for the little one but it seems like there still is a long road ahead.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

You may want to say an extra prayer or two for TV's family. Their daughter has had a serious set-back and Terry's dad is having cancer surgery today at Mayo in Rochester. Seems like way to much for a family to go through,especially at this time of year. Those of us that have good health should be very thankful.

Comment

What is his dad's name? I could drop in for an unofficial visit.

Comment

According to Kailey's CaringBridge site,Terry's dad's name is Jim. Sounds like it is serious surgery,so you might want to wait awhile before you check in.

Comment

There is optimism that Kailey will be able to join her family at home in about 2 weeks. Hesitant optimism by the Vandrovecs as you could tell in Terry's voice in his talk with Tyler at halftime of tonight's game.

What a huge step in the development of Kailey in what has been without a doubt a bumpy road.

As 2011 is now here I can look back at 2010 and say it was an up and down year. But thinking about Terry and his family, who are in the same age range as my wife and me, I can't imagine the last few months of their 2010. That would be more than a lot of people can endure and has likely been exhausting. My hat goes off to the Vandrovec's and their perseverence in a difficult time.

Here's to a bright 2011 for Terry and his family.

Comment

Per TV's blog in the Argus, Kailey is coming home today. Congratulations to the Vandrovecs.

Comment

Working...
                                X