New Vandrovecs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vandrovecs

Congrats to TV and family on the birth of twins.

... I saw a reference to TV's Tweet on another message board (I confess I do not visit Twitter):

"The Vandrovec girls (Breley and Kailey) were born at 2 AM, just after hitting the 24-week mark. They weigh 1 lb, 6 oz + are stable for now."

Re: New Vandrovecs

Congratulaltions to Terry and family. I hope all will continue in the right direction and the girls will grow and develope into fine individuals like their father.

Comment

Two very tiny additions to the jackrabbit family. All things considered this is a very good outcome so far.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I was waiting to post on this until someone else did (not sure why). What are everyones thoughts on sending flowers to the hospital?

Comment

Congrats to TV and family. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Go State!

Comment

Congrats to TV and his family! Our prayers are with these new little babies.

Regarding the flowers idea - as the parent of a preemie, flowers were nice, but gift cards for restaurants were much more helpful. With working, going to the hospital, and other day-to-day responsibilities, there was never time to cook or shop. They will have their hands full and this would be one thing they wouldn't have to worry about.

Comment

Giftcards are a great idea...I will throw in $20....

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre_Jacks_Fan View Post
                Congrats to TV and his family! Our prayers are with these new little babies.

Regarding the flowers idea - as the parent of a preemie, flowers were nice, but gift cards for restaurants were much more helpful. With working, going to the hospital, and other day-to-day responsibilities, there was never time to cook or shop. They will have their hands full and this would be one thing they wouldn't have to worry about.
                For sure, and we as Jackrabbit Nation need to keep them in our prayers. As a father of 4 month old twins who we were blessed to have them born at 39 weeks, I remember how much I worried about what happened with the Vandrovecs would happen to us. Those little ones I'm sure are in good care, but likely will be in the hospital for the next 3 months. Yes, restaurant gift cards is a great idea.
                Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Following up on Pierre and having also been through this, another thing that we really appreciated was fruit baskets sent up to the hospital. For all the harping that the medical profession does on eating healthy, the only snacks they provide in waiting rooms seems to still be cookies and muffins. I can't tell you how good a good apple can taste after a couple of days of hanging out in a hospital.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                    Giftcards are a great idea...I will throw in $20....
                    Seriously, we (sdsufans.com members) should whip up some $$ or gift cards and forward it to the Vandrovecs.

Anyone have to organizational skills to lead that?
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                      Seriously, we (sdsufans.com members) should whip up some $$ or gift cards and forward it to the Vandrovecs.

Anyone have to organizational skills to lead that?
                      I would be willing to set up an account in Wells Fargo if people are interested. Then people can donate and I can get it to Terry V. If a couple more people say they would like to I'll set one up.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Talked with Terry this morning on Facebook. Not a whole lot of sleep on his end the past few days. But he's been pretty overwhelmed with the amount of well-wishes and support he and his family have been getting. He says he feels like the world's got his back. Great job!
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

TV Just tweeted that Breley passed away a short time ago. Prayers go out to the entire Vandrovec family.

Comment

She's in a better place. May God grant Terry and his family peace.
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

My heart is broken for Terry and his family. I am sorry they joined the club today; it is not a club anyone wants to belong to. They will be in our prayers.

-PJF's wife

Comment

Working...
                              X