PDA

View Full Version : Re: Whose the best team in South Dakota?

SiouxFallsJack
03-02-2005, 03:37 AM
Whose the best team in South Dakota? I say the SDSU Womens BBteam. I think you meant to say, who is the best DII team in South Dakota.

You gotta love that USD/Augie rivalry. How did you fit those 1200 fans into the grain bin. With this being March, I guess the rest of the USD students were at home anxiously awating for the upcoming USD baseball season.

filbert
03-02-2005, 03:44 AM
Too bad the NCAA will only let us schedule two lower-division teams next year.

Too bad USD isn't one of them.

Too bad USD doesn't have a fan board of their own. They're not that hard to set up. Really.

SDSUFAN
03-02-2005, 04:04 AM
TOO Bad Mueller career is almost over. Thank God.

Alumguy
03-02-2005, 05:01 AM
Yes, the title of "Best Basketball Team in South Dakota" belongs to the women of SDSU. Thanks for bringing up this issue, Mueller.

Texas_Jacks_Fan
03-02-2005, 05:55 AM
Man it stinks around here.... Oh it's Mueller. Good luck after college

jackrabbit1979
03-02-2005, 06:22 AM
I really honestly hope that this poster isn't Josh Mueller. To be up posting on an SDSU fan board at 2:00 a.m. the night you beat your "new rival" ::) in the first round of the NCC tourney would be really sad.
Like i said, i hope this isn't mueller, if it is i feel even worse for his being. If it is you need to move on.

Mavericks#1
03-02-2005, 06:33 AM
Welcome aboard Mueller or whoever you are. Glad to see your still playing. Not all of us can say that.

Mavs #1

Texas_Jacks_Fan
03-02-2005, 06:34 AM
usd played last night? Apparently nobody else knew about it. or cared about it.

Mavericks#1
03-02-2005, 06:37 AM
No they had a bye for winning the conference tournament.

jackrabbit1979
03-02-2005, 06:57 AM
No they had a bye for winning the conference tournament.

What are you talking about Mav?

Mavericks#1
03-02-2005, 07:09 AM
responding to Texas Jack fan before he edited his message

sports_buff
03-02-2005, 07:10 AM
TOO Bad Mueller career is almost over. Thank God.

I'm sure you are not the only one happy to see him graduate. Everyone in the NCC, outside of USD fans, are thanking God right now that Mueller is graduating.

Texas_Jacks_Fan
03-02-2005, 07:10 AM
Mavs posted that because I had posted and removed a question if uno played usd last night.
When jackrabbit 1979 had commented on usd beating their biggest rival I assumed it was uno, I guess it was augie.
I guess mueller gets excited about beating augie.

Rabbitlivinginverm
03-02-2005, 08:16 AM
Actually they play one last home game this sat. night.

Won't be long till the lady yote's season is over though.

Rabbitlivinginverm
03-02-2005, 08:18 AM
BTW, how have the USD women done this year? Pretty good conference record I assume? Post Mandy years are going to be pretty dark for them. Unlike our post-Mandy years where we went on to make 3 consecutive trips to the elite 8 with 1 Nat'l Champ.

jackrabbit1979
03-02-2005, 08:32 AM
Our women won a big game last night. Did your women play last night? Oh yeah, their season is over.

If this is you Josh, which i doubt it is, why are you posting on SDSU's fan board. It is bad enough when USD fans post on this board, but when players do, that may take the cake. It is too bad that your life doesn't move beyond State v. U. Good luck this weekend, maybe you should be watching film or shooting or even better studying.

bigjake
03-02-2005, 10:06 AM
I think part of the bitterness of sdsu fans toward mueller is that they really wanted him in an sdsu uniform and he chose usd instead. Kind of the same reason why they were angry with ty graham when he chose uno over sdsu. Do I think that is mueller - probably. He certainly wouldn't be studying at that hour so he probably has some time to wind down in front of his computer after a big win. Better he is on this site instead of some adult site.

Rabbitlivinginverm
03-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Sorry jake, but this is one SDSU fan who is not bitter that Josh never became a Jackrabbit. I'm sure there are plenty others as well.

Texas_Jacks_Fan
03-02-2005, 11:28 AM
I'm with Vermillion rabbit, Muellers antics reflect poorly on usd, and I would not want to be associated with his behavior over the years.
On another note, I never had anything against Graham, I would have loved to have him at SDSU, He was good, and as I remember he played with class-even though he always brought out his best when he played SDSU.

sdman
03-02-2005, 02:08 PM
I always thought mueller was arrogant and often reflected bad attitudes. Having said that I would have loved having him as OUR bad guy. I wouldn't have minded his bad behavior so much. Last year we probably would have won the ncc with him and this year he would have helped with our losing season we had. Maybe not much but a few more victories would have made the season a little less painful. I am still numb from some of our losses. So yes I would have loved to have Mueller.

JACKGUYII
03-02-2005, 02:46 PM
I always thought mueller was arrogant and often reflected bad attitudes. Having said that I would have loved having him as OUR bad guy. I wouldn't have minded his bad behavior so much. Last year we probably would have won the ncc with him and this year he would have helped with our losing season we had. Maybe not much but a few more victories would have made the season a little less painful. I am still numb from some of our losses. So yes I would have loved to have Mueller.

Your kidding right? The Jacks would not have won the NCC if we had Josh Mueller. We were just fine last year at the guard position with Richardson and Moeller. Now a healthy Matt Jones would have likely netted the Jacks a conference championship and possibly brought the regional to Brookings where I like our chances against Metro. Remember the Jacks beat eventual National Champions early last year while Jones was healthy.

gojacksgo
03-02-2005, 03:08 PM
Moeller was a great player - I'd rather take him and no antics, then a maybe slightly better Mueller with all the classlessness.

JACKGUYII
03-02-2005, 03:13 PM
In all my years of watching NCC Basketball I can't recall of player with less class than Josh Mueller. I would not have enjoyed his antics had he been a Jackrabbit. I think Nagy would have enjoyed him even less and doubt he would have lasted very long. I'm sure Nagy saw all he needed to see while Mueller played at West Central to make a judgement that he would never play for him in Brookings.

joeybrownerHOF
03-02-2005, 04:24 PM
I have to disagree with you calling Mueller classless. Cocky.....yes, but classless no. He is very competitive and any athlete of his ability or for that matter about every decent athlete (high school or collegiate) carries a bit of cockiness with them, that I will not fault him for.

jack100
03-02-2005, 06:38 PM
I have to disagree with you calling Mueller classless. Cocky.....yes, but classless no. He is very competitive and any athlete of his ability or for that matter about every decent athlete (high school or collegiate) carries a bit of cockiness with them, that I will not fault him for.

I will be the first to concede that Mueller is a good basketball player but he is the definition of classless. How about his intentional foul on Austin Hansen in Vermillion - with Hansen spraining his ankle on the easy layup. What was USD's record against SDSU during his years? Far below .500. He did not have his best games against SDSU but I will not miss that cocky nod after nailing first 1st 3 pointer in a 3-13 shooting night against SDSU.

SDSU wanted Ty Graham - from what I have heard Mueller was not offered a scholarship at SDSU.

joeybrownerHOF
03-02-2005, 07:43 PM
An intentional foul in a State/U bb game? No way. For the record Mueller was 3-4 against State....without getting the chance to play them twice this year. We can debate on who would win this year, but smart money would take the Yotes in a sweep. Yes, Frost would be a close game, but State just didn't have the horses this year. If Jonesy and Moeller and the juco kic would have been on the team then it might be a different story. What the hell... I just piled an assumption upon an assumption of a hypothetical game. Must have been that new pepperoni trio pizza from Za Hut I had this evening. Good eats.

sports_buff
03-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Moeller was a great player - I'd rather take him and no antics, then a maybe slightly better Mueller with all the classlessness.

You've got to be joking. Your class act Moeller was just reprimanded by the NCC, Mueller's never done that. Moeller pouts and appears to me to be a bad teammate.
You guys act like you were happy to have drug dealing Richardson, but you wouldn't take Mueller. The same Richardson that bit Mueller in the leg last year, and twisted his ankle while on the ground the year before. Thats a classless act for ya.
Mueller plays hard all the time, if thats not what Nagy wants then Mueller probably wouldn't play for him. I realize that some of your players dogged it at the end of this year, but that doesn't mean that Nagy wants it that way. Don't think that Mueller wouldn't play for Nagy just because he gives 110% all the time.
Mueller is USD's all time leader in assists and steals and second in scoring. Anyone who honestly wouldn't want Mueller on their team is a fool. Since I know you guys aren't fools I know that deep down you guys would want him on your team, you just don't want to admit it to each other. I can respect that.
Richardson and Moeller couldn't carry Mueller's jock, and Nagy knows it as well. Whoever said Nagy didn't want Mueller should apologize to Nagy. That just makes Nagy look stupid. Nagy is a smart guy, you better believe he wanted Mueller. That would be like saying Boots didn't want Matt Jones coming out of high school. Many of you act like whoever didn't go to State wasn't offered a scholarship at State, I hate to break it to you but thats just not the case.
Mueller brings a lot of excitement to the game and had he gone to State you would all be very thankful, and you also would have had a much better record this year.

89rabbit
03-02-2005, 08:42 PM
Sports_Buff,

You would think a player that is as good as you claim might be able to lead his teams to at least one NCC title during his college career. ::)

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/mbball/review/champions.asp

Go State! ;D

sports_buff
03-02-2005, 09:07 PM
Sports_Buff,

You would think a player that is as good as you claim might be able to lead his teams to at least one NCC title during his college career. ::)

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/mbball/review/champions.asp

Go State! ;D

He's led them to some pretty good seasons these last couple of years, and this year isn't over yet. By the way USD should update that website that you posted. They left out the 2001 conference title.

89rabbit
03-02-2005, 09:16 PM
He's led them to some pretty good seasons these last couple of years, and this year isn't over yet.

Ya, but the conference race is. Mueller if 0 for 4 on NCC titles. Ouch. :o

Go State! ;D

sports_buff
03-03-2005, 05:32 AM
Ya, but the conference race is. Mueller if 0 for 4 on NCC titles. Ouch. :o

Go State! ;D

Staten has not won an NCC title nor had Beasley from UND, but I would still take both of them on my team.

89rabbit
03-03-2005, 06:09 AM
Teams are more then the sums of their parts. Coach Nagy seems to be very good at putting together teams.

Go State! ;D

sports_buff
03-03-2005, 06:19 AM
Teams are more then the sums of their parts. Coach Nagy seems to be very good at putting together teams.

Go State! ;D

As is Boots.
But both men still need good players. Nagy would be able to put together a better team than what he has if he had Mueller and Boots would be able to put together a better team with a player like Matt Jones.

SDSUFAN
03-03-2005, 06:31 AM
As is Boots.
But both men still need good players. Nagy would be able to put together a better team than what he has if he had Mueller and Boots would be able to put together a better team with a player like Matt Jones.

Nagy does not recruit arrogant people with arrogant parents. The Mueller family fits that mold and besides they are USD alums. You got them you keep them. Its that Simple,.

jackrabbit1979
03-03-2005, 06:31 AM
As is Boots.

comparing josh mueller and matt jones is ridiculous. One led his team in the conference his freshman year the other is somewhat doing it his senior year. One is the classiest player SDSU has had in the last five years, the other is the unclassiest player the NCC has seen in the last twenty.

Mavericks#1
03-03-2005, 06:50 AM
All is know is that I am more happy to see Mueller graduate than I would if Matt Jones were still playing. Mueller could beat you by himself sometimes where as Matt Jones needed other players around him playing well to get his game going. If that is indeed Mueller on those posts, dude I can't wait till you graduate.

Mavs#1

sports_buff
03-03-2005, 06:55 AM
[quote author=jackrabbit1979 link=board=Smack;num=1109754905;start=30#36 date=03/03/05 at 07:31:18]

comparing josh mueller and matt jones is ridiculous. quote]

Your right 1979, that is ridiculous. You put their career statistics against each other and it's not even close. I'll try to think of a better example next time.

89rabbit
03-03-2005, 07:00 AM
Buff,

Nagy is better at putting teams together. You can't even argue this one. Results speak louder then words. I like many on the board don't feel that Mueller is a Nagy or State kind of guy. Just my opinion. If you think he could play for Coach Nagy, well then that is your opinion.

Scott Nagy at SDSU
10 years

4 NCC Championships
8 NCAA Tournament Appearances
220-77 Winning % of .740%

Dave Boots at USD
16 years

5 NCC Championships
5 NCAA Tournament Appearances
331-133 Winning % of .713%

http://www3.sdstate.edu/ClassLibrary/Page/Images/Data/8145.jpg

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/photos/1377.gif

Go State! ;D

P.S. One of them has moved on to Coach at the D-I level. ;) 8)

MilwaukeeJacksAlum
03-03-2005, 07:01 AM
All is know is that I am more happy to see Mueller graduate than I would if Matt Jones were still playing. Mueller could beat you by himself sometimes where as Matt Jones needed other players around him playing well to get his game going. If that is indeed Mueller on those posts, dude I can't wait till you graduate.

Mavs#1

I'm not getting into the Mueller argument because his antics tend to skew people's views about his ability. But, saying Matt Jones could not beat you by himself is probably one of the dumbest statements you've made on this site. Maybe ask the UNO coach whether he thinks Jones could take over a game? I know sports_buff will agree. Jones was an unbelievable talent and an even better person. Just because his career was marred by a freak malady does not change that.

I would challenge anyone to call up any coach in the NCC and see if they'd rather have Matt Jones on their team or Josh Mueller. It would be a landslide in favor of Jones. A big kid who could shoot, jump, block shots and rebound is the type of player that coaches build around.

Texas_Jacks_Fan
03-03-2005, 07:19 AM
Thats a pretty good picture 89, I believe that was taken during a pretty hard fought game at the Bradley Center against Marquette on Dec. 7th. when the Jacks were travelling to that game on the 6th of December- the usd coyotes were busy playing Dana.

joeybrownerHOF
03-03-2005, 07:36 AM
MJA- are the Warriors making the tourney this year? Looks like their season was pretty solid even with the loss of Diener. Haven't looked at State's schedule for next year but are you guys playing UW-M next year, that would be a great back to back, Quette and UW-M. As for the USD comment, Dana at least kept Morningside within 3 points this year. Sorry just couldn't resist. The climb back up the hill will be worth it.

Texas_Jacks_Fan
03-03-2005, 07:37 AM
I think we're playing UW-M in Frost next year, I think Marquette was a one year deal, does anyone know?

89rabbit
03-03-2005, 07:42 AM
Haven't looked at State's schedule for next year but are you guys playing UW-M next year, that would be a great back to back, Quette and UW-M.

Yes they are coming to Brookings. Here is what is offical so far:

Men's

At Nebraska
At Montana St.
Morningside
UMKC
Tennessee St.
at San Diego St.
Denver
Butler
Manhattan
SE Missouri St.
Wisconsin-Milwaukee
at Central Florida
at Marquette
SW Minnesota St.

Home games Bold

There is a whole thread on next year's scehdule, here is the link:

http://diaafootball.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=sdsubb;action=display;num=1108055926 ;start=0#0

Go State! ;D

MilwaukeeJacksAlum
03-03-2005, 07:43 AM
MJA- are the Warriors making the tourney this year? Looks like their season was pretty solid even with the loss of Diener. Haven't looked at State's schedule for next year but are you guys playing UW-M next year, that would be a great back to back, Quette and UW-M. As for the USD comment, Dana at least kept Morningside within 3 points this year. Sorry just couldn't resist. The climb back up the hill will be worth it.

Unless Marquette wins the Conference USA tourney, I don't see them making the Big Dance. Without Diener, the committee doesn't have that big name as a draw when considering them for an at large. They put up a 20 point win last night, so that helps. If they can beat Louisville in the conference tourney, that will do wonders.

UW-M is playing their conference tourney this weekend with UWM playing on Saturday night. Even with their great record, they need to win their conference tourney to guarantee a spot. Although, I'd be shocked if they don't get an at large bid even if they are upset. They are an athletic team that plays great defense and will be a great sleeper pick in your NCAA pools in a couple of weeks.

Texas_Jacks_Fan
03-03-2005, 07:44 AM
and it's official-unoficially ;D That we play at U of Illinois!!

joeybrownerHOF
03-03-2005, 07:49 AM
That will be a good game. That would be a perfect game to help solidify the Jack's presence. UW-M is very solid this year. Don't know how many players they have coming back, but their coach over the last 3-4 years has done a great job building them into a solid mid-major in a pro town with another Div. 1 program in their own backyard. MJA would know more, but I think UW-M cherry picks a few Chicago area kids everyyear from the big boys and I see no reason why State could not do the same. Depaul is starting to get better, but they still do not recruit the Chicago public leagues like they should. Plenty of players in the CPL, the only caveat is the kids sometimes come with a little baggage, and it isn't usually carry-on. Nagy, and the fact that these kids would be getting immediate PT could be a strong selling point.

sports_buff
03-03-2005, 07:51 AM
Thats a pretty good picture 89, I believe that was taken during a pretty hard fought game at the Bradley Center against Marquette on Dec. 7th. when the Jacks were travelling to that game on the 6th of December- the usd coyotes were busy playing Dana.

At least we beat Dana, which is more than you can say about Morningside. I wouldn't be making fun of the teams USD played when some of those teams whipped your a$$. When you make fun of those teams you are really making fun of yourselves.
Jones was a great player. He obviously didn't have the college career that Mueller had, because of an unfortunate disease. Mueller did a lot more damage in the NCC than Jones was able to do. I would love to have both guys on my team.
89 Thanks for posting the records and accomplishments of both coaches. They have both had a lot of success and both can obviously build successful teams.

Texas_Jacks_Fan
03-03-2005, 08:05 AM
The diffrence sports_buff is we have no more Dana's in our future. You do. (see schedule)

sports_buff
03-03-2005, 08:40 AM
The diffrence sports_buff is we have no more Dana's in our future. You do. (see schedule)

After seeing what Morningside did to you it's probably best that you don't have any more Dana's in your future.

jackmd
03-03-2005, 09:15 AM
After seeing what Morningside did to you it's probably best that you don't have any more Dana's in your future.

Maybe but that doesn't change the fact that we won't be playing Peru St or Upper Iowa anymore. You gotta make it hurt more than this. This year is over and thats the best part about it!

JACKGUYII
03-03-2005, 09:25 AM
No doubt in my mind that as the Jacks continue to ramp up their programs at the DI level the Coyotes will hold on to their core group of supporters while SDSU will continue to add people around the state and region to the Jacks bandwagon. The problem with DII sports is there is a finite number of people who will ever care. When you start talking about the opportunity of playing well known big time teams in all of our sports and the possibility of getting into the Big Dance and other high exposure opportunities that DI offers the sky is the limit in terms of a fan base. Fast forward 20 years from now and I think you will see two very different athletic programs in terms of attendence,marketing,facilities and statewide following!

Texas_Jacks_Fan
03-03-2005, 09:28 AM
The only thing I will add to JG II's comments is that you will see that fan base accelerate because of the D1 move in 3-5 years. It will be very evident next year when we have no more small schools on the schedule and the fans have actually heard of the teams coming to Frost & Coughlin.

JACKGUYII
03-03-2005, 09:40 AM
I don't know about the rest of you but many people in my immediate circles some who have been Jacks fans and some with no allegiances are paying more attention to what is going on at SDSU since the move to DI. I also think the added exposure is going to continue to have a dramatic effect on enrollment. This is quite remarkable when you think about how the number of high school graduates in the state continues to drop. It should be interesting to observe a couple of things as it relates to attendence.
Attendence at the Creighton and Univ of Minnesota baseball games in Sioux Falls. Lots of avid baseball fans in the area (semi-pro,amateur,college and pro).
Attendence at next years home football games including Sioux Falls. Can we maintain last years pace?
Attendence for the Home DI Men and Women's Basketball games. Men will be better and women should reload.

joeybrownerHOF
03-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Jackguy II, I have had the exact same conversations with many of my fellow Yote fans. Both State and U can see the writing on the wall, with the decline of high school students in South Dakota. The decline will effect Northern (north central South Dakota base is shrinking the fastest) and the other four schools in the system more. State has decided to market differently by going forward with the D-I move. The U is trying to market themselves as an elite educational facility with a smaller enrollment base. State will continue to grow and in numbers while the U will probably stay stagent in growth. However, I do see in 20-40 years that the increase growth with State's enrollment and the corrolary benefits attached to this will allow it to achieve the same level of education reputation that the U strives to achieve. I for one like the course of action that State is pursuing. How it shakes out will be interesting for both institutions. Hopefully, the State move will succeed and the U will be able to piggyback and then make the move themselves.

Texas_Jacks_Fan
03-03-2005, 10:00 AM
I've heard that Northern is in a lot of trouble (shrinking enrollments) It seems like they have a major identity crisis now as to where they fit into the university system

Sorry this has gotten a little off topic

sports_buff
03-03-2005, 10:00 AM
No doubt in my mind that as the Jacks continue to ramp up their programs at the DI level the Coyotes will hold on to their core group of supporters while SDSU will continue to add people around the state and region to the Jacks bandwagon. The problem with DII sports is there is a finite number of people who will ever care. When you start talking about the opportunity of playing well known big time teams in all of our sports and the possibility of getting into the Big Dance and other high exposure opportunities that DI offers the sky is the limit in terms of a fan base. Fast forward 20 years from now and I think you will see two very different athletic programs in terms of attendence,marketing,facilities and statewide following!

I would agree that the potential to have a big fan base is there. Obviously DI does get a lot more exposure, it just depends on what kind of DI team you guys are going to be. Thats what it all hinges on. Are you going to be like an Iowa or Iowa St. or maybe even a Gonzaga or somebody like that. If so then the sky could be the limit. Or will you end up like a lot of these DI teams I've never heard of. No offense to big Jake but I never even knew who UMKC was before this year and if it wasn't for this site I would have no idea that they are doing well. I know that many of you view your situation much different than UMKC's but aren't they one of the top teams in a conference's that you hope to get into. I don't see all this exposure you talk about for all DI teams. I certainly do for the major conferences and some of the top mid majors. Ask your women's basketball team how much fan base some of these DI teams have.
I'm glad that you used the phrase "I think you will see two entirely different programs" at the end of your post. Because as much as we like to think so, none of us know for sure what will happen, or whether this move will turn out good or not. We can only speculate. I don't know for sure that you will fall on your face and you don't know for sure that you won't. We'll have to wait to see how your doing in 10 years and then we'll argue about whether you like your position better now or before. Until then we will have to keep using the same circular arguments on these smack boards.

twism
03-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Texas Jack I think Northern closed two of their dorm buildings because of a lack of people living there.

Rabbitlivinginverm
03-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Texas Jack I think Northern closed two of their dorm buildings because of a lack of people living there.

You are correct sir.

MilwaukeeJacksAlum
03-03-2005, 10:42 AM
Sports_buff and JB,

You guys need to be careful. Those were two well-thought out and articulated posts. Are you sure neither of you spent even a semester at State?

To address your points, I think SDSU ever becoming a Kansas or Kentucky program is pretty much a pipe dream. We just live in the right area for that. U of Minn struggles to keep their name in the national scene and they're in one of the most recognizable conferences in the NCAAs. Reaching a Gonzaga level or a Wyoming level would be a great accomplishment in my eyes.

JB - On the UWM front. Coach Pearl is the main reason you even know who the Panthers are. He's basically on a rotation with all the morning radio programs in Milwaukee. He's always pumping up his program to the locals. UWM has put up billboards in Marquette country and have begun running adds on the local stations asking fans to come see "Milwaukee's Team." I think SDSU should take a page from this book. This has been addressed in the past on another thread, but our coaches should be everywhere and anywhere promoting our teams.

Sioux Falls is the obvious market to tap into and we should start deluging that town with SDSU ads promoting SD's only D1 program. Get those non-college grads and non-SDSU grads interested in our programs. Easier said than done, though. Especially with the added costs.

joeybrownerHOF
03-03-2005, 10:44 AM
Father in Law, big Wolve supporter. The dorms that were closed haven't been used for years, so the closing isn't a reflection of recent drops. They are going to convert them into the suite type dorm rooms. He also said that Northern for some reason (unlike U,State and DSu) can't include their distance learning students in their enrollment. This aside, he still thinks Northern better do something....they still want to be a teachers college and do distance learning to train kids to be teachers. With the consoldiation of schools and decreasing amount of kids, the number of jobs aren't there.

joeybrownerHOF
03-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Pearl, is smooth. Would love to see a Pearl v. Jimmie Collins cage match. Probably could hold it between both campuses. I guarantee a sell out at Welsh-Ryan.

JACKGUYII
03-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Sports_buff and JB,

You guys need to be careful. Those were two well-thought out and articulated posts. Are you sure neither of you spent even a semester at State?

To address your points, I think SDSU ever becoming a Kansas or Kentucky program is pretty much a pipe dream. We just live in the right area for that. U of Minn struggles to keep their name in the national scene and they're in one of the most recognizable conferences in the NCAAs. Reaching a Gonzaga level or a Wyoming level would be a great accomplishment in my eyes.

JB - On the UWM front. Coach Pearl is the main reason you even know who the Panthers are. He's basically on a rotation with all the morning radio programs in Milwaukee. He's always pumping up his program to the locals. UWM has put up billboards in Marquette country and have begun running adds on the local stations asking fans to come see "Milwaukee's Team." I think SDSU should take a page from this book. This has been addressed in the past on another thread, but our coaches should be everywhere and anywhere promoting our teams.

Sioux Falls is the obvious market to tap into and we should start deluging that town with SDSU ads promoting SD's only D1 program. Get those non-college grads and non-SDSU grads interested in our programs. Easier said than done, though. Especially with the added costs.

While I agree the idea of SDSU becoming a Big 10 or 12 team is not in the imminent future I do think because we are the only DI school in the state there is much more upside potential for the State U's to become bigger in stature than UNI,Missouri Kansas City,Wisconsin Milwaukee etc. Those collection of schools have to play second fiddle to multiple other major DI programs in their respective states. I think maybe Wyoming and the Montana schools are the best examples to emulate as they are from a population and market standpoint similiar and they are the flagship schools in their respective states. As much fun as it would be to have USD move up and become a rival again I'm not sure there is room for two DI schools in South Dakota.
When you talk about the Sioux Falls market the biggest entertainment competition is the professional/ minor league teams in Football,Basketball,Baseball,Hockey. These teams have tremendous followings with most them being the attendence leaders in their respective leagues. A lot of corporate sponsorship dollars are also going into these organizations. Let's face it there are only so many Avera,Sioux Valley's and First Premiere's in the state and we need to compete with the professional teams for those corporate dollars. It start's with attendence and interest in our product if we are going to entice these corporations to advertise with the Jacks. NDSU is at an advantage in that they are in the states largest city and have a captive corporate audience. Fargo also has fewer professional teams to compete with for the entertainment dollar. I realize some of the fans that go to the Skyforce and Canaries may never be our fans but they are sports fans and we need to capture some of them.

jackrabbit1979
03-03-2005, 12:38 PM
I don't know for sure that you will fall on your face and you don't know for sure that you won't. We'll have to wait to see how your doing in 10 years and then we'll argue about whether you like your position better now or before. Until then we will have to keep using the same circular arguments on these smack boards.

The difference is we will still be fans in ten years of State (as we are now) and you will be one of the many telling their kids/grandkids what a great move we made and how they should look at attending SDSU. ;)

MilwaukeeJacksAlum
03-03-2005, 12:45 PM
JGII - great points. I never even thought about that angle. I would think that we could win over some of those fans. I think a guy like my dad would be the target audience for SDSU in Sioux Falls. A middle aged (he'd be happy I'm referring to him as middle aged) sports fan who just loves watching good sporting events. Someone who goes to a USD-Augie basketball game just to see if it's a good game. Someone who went to the Roosevelt-OGormon game to see a great high school basketball game. Someone who goes to the Canaries games because he loves baseball. He has no real ties to any of those organizations, but loves watching a good sporting event. There are a ton of those type of people in SD. Many of them don't feel any real ties to USD, Augie or SDSU. They just want to see some good sports. We should be constantly reminding them that SDSU is the place to come for those events.

jackrabbit1979
03-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Father in Law, big Wolve supporter. The dorms that were closed haven't been used for years, so the closing isn't a reflection of recent drops. They are going to convert them into the suite type dorm rooms. He also said that Northern for some reason (unlike U,State and DSu) can't include their distance learning students in their enrollment. This aside, he still thinks Northern better do something....they still want to be a teachers college and do distance learning to train kids to be teachers. With the consoldiation of schools and decreasing amount of kids, the number of jobs aren't there.

You are right that they don't include as many distance students (because they don't have USDSU students in Sioux Falls) but i am almost positive that they count their online, DDN, etc. students in their total number.
I could be mistaken. It's happened once before. ;)

SDSUFAN
03-03-2005, 01:29 PM
JGII - great points. I never even thought about that angle. I would think that we could win over some of those fans. I think a guy like my dad would be the target audience for SDSU in Sioux Falls. A middle aged (he'd be happy I'm referring to him as middle aged) sports fan who just loves watching good sporting events. Someone who goes to a USD-Augie basketball game just to see if it's a good game. Someone who went to the Roosevelt-OGormon game to see a great high school basketball game. Someone who goes to the Canaries games because he loves baseball. He has no real ties to any of those organizations, but loves watching a good sporting event. There are a ton of those type of people in SD. Many of them don't feel any real ties to USD, Augie or SDSU. They just want to see some good sports. We should be constantly reminding them that SDSU is the place to come for those events.

I think you have described a profile that may or may not have been addressed in the marketing study. I never went to Briggs and photo copied the marketing study like I did the Carr Report. Without a question these are the folks we need to target. We have alums who have no interest in athletics, but will do all sorts of things for academics and other extra-currliclar actitivies. So we need to get to these fans with a great product. This is why I feel so strongly about recruiting the talented people and hiring and retaining the best coaches out their. This is no time for alumni patronage when it comes to hiring coaches or any staff for that matter. Nor do we need to worry about SD addresses when it comes to recruiting. Get the best in terms of student athletes and coach them to be competitive and to win. ;)

OK_Jackrabbit
03-03-2005, 01:46 PM
I have lots of friends in Sioux Falls in the 35-45 age group who are avid sports fans and end up rooting for their Hawkeyes or Gophers or Huskers and don't have a local team that they're particular fans of. I would think SDSU would have a good shot at hooking those people as Jackrabbit fans. A few big and surprising wins in the future will go a long way towards gaining their interest, probably more than throwing money at a marketing campaign. I think the approach of building a quality product before spending a lot of dough marketing it is really a wise one on the part of the SDSU administration.

JACKGUYII
03-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Hopefully the days of walking into Coughlin or Frost and seeing people at the game with Husker,Hawkeye and Gophers attire will be a thing of the past. I also know of a lot of people who follow the major DI programs in the region and pay little attention to what is happening at the local colleges. Many sports fans in South Dakota make the pilgramage to Lincoln to see the Huskers play on a Sat afternoon. Personally I'm getting to a point where I covet my Jacks season tickets more than my Vikings tickets. If I had to choose one over the other I'm sorry the purple are out.

joeybrownerHOF
03-03-2005, 02:00 PM
This is a reply that a move by USD to D-1 would be great from a rivalry standpoint but there isn't enough room for both programs.

I agree that SD is too small to have two D-1 programs if one of the programs has the plan, commitment and finacial strength to become a Nebraska or Wyoming. However, I think in the short term State's should be to pick one sport (mbb,fb, or wbb) and try to turn that into a regional power. Like Creighton,Gonzaga with mbb, Nebraska with fb, Wyoming with rodeo(?). Talentwise SD won't produce the talent, however attendance wise I would not see a problem. This has probably been discussed before, but State averaged roughly 3.4K in homes games the last year of D2. Assume they should be able to get back to that number in a year or two. Even without adding any extra fan base (which you will) that would place State very respectably in D-1. They would be about where Coll. of Charelston, George Washington and Southern Miss are in attendance figures. With a little work and a few big name draws to Frost State should be able to get about and extra 4 to 500 fans on top of that average. The next step would be retention, and that is where Nagy and crew will have to start putting out a better product. Once the better product is out, money will follow. The Alumni that did not give before that lives in Boca or whatever will start opening the checkbook to become associated with the program, that will be coupled with corporate dollars. All it will take is that big break game and the dike will crumble. Look at Troy State this year in football. They were d-2 10-12 years ago made the transition to I-AA and now are I-A. There defeat on ESPN against Mizzu was seen all across the country. Do you think Charlie the T-state grad threw the alumni gift letter in the trash without opening like the year before?

Got sidestracked from original. Next time should probably proofread

jackrabbit1979
03-03-2005, 02:21 PM
This is a reply that a move by USD to D-1 would be great from a rivalry standpoint but there isn't enough room for both programs.

I agree that SD is too small to have two D-1 programs if one of the programs has the plan, commitment and finacial strength to become a Nebraska or Wyoming. However, I think in the short term State's should be to pick one sport (mbb,fb, or wbb) and try to turn that into a regional power. Like Creighton,Gonzaga with mbb, Nebraska with fb, Wyoming with rodeo(?). Talentwise SD won't produce the talent, however attendance wise I would not see a problem. This has probably been discussed before, but State averaged roughly 3.4K in homes games the last year of D2. Assume they should be able to get back to that number in a year or two. Even without adding any extra fan base (which you will) that would place State very respectably in D-1. They would be about where Coll. of Charelston, George Washington and Southern Miss are in attendance figures. With a little work and a few big name draws to Frost State should be able to get about and extra 4 to 500 fans on top of that average. The next step would be retention, and that is where Nagy and crew will have to start putting out a better product. Once the better product is out, money will follow. The Alumni that did not give before that lives in Boca or whatever will start opening the checkbook to become associated with the program, that will be coupled with corporate dollars. All it will take is that big break game and the dike will crumble. Look at Troy State this year in football. They were d-2 10-12 years ago made the transition to I-AA and now are I-A. There defeat on ESPN against Mizzu was seen all across the country. Do you think Charlie the T-state grad threw the alumni gift letter in the trash without opening like the year before?

Got sidestracked from original. Next time should probably proofread

JBHOF,
As i said before, you make way too many logical points to be a coyote fan. You need to stop now i am beginning to respect you. ;)

JACKGUYII
03-03-2005, 02:30 PM
I would hope our long term goal is to be a Wyoming or Boise State. I see no reason we can't be in a DIA conference for football in the next 12-15 years. I wonder how much longer the DIAA designation will be in existence anyway. I agree it is difficult to be a marquee program in all of the major sports. Nebraska has never been a Basketball power and Kansas rarely is in a Football Bowl game. I do think as long as we play DIAA Football we can compete in both football and basketball at a competitive level.

Texas_Jacks_Fan
03-03-2005, 03:13 PM
JG II, Its funny you made those comparisons, because I have heard on several occasions, within the athletic dept. that the school we are trying to emulate is Colorado State. We are following in their footsteps.

JACKGUYII
03-03-2005, 04:08 PM
I think we should set our goals high and be selective about who is our role model!

Texas_Jacks_Fan
03-03-2005, 04:43 PM
CSU is a pretty good model

GoJacks02
03-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Couple of questions.

How did USD do vs. Winona? Seems like the Jacks beat them, but the Yotes couldn't.

How did USD do vs. the D-I teams on their schedule? Oh, wait.

;D ;D ;D

jackmd
03-04-2005, 09:30 AM
We beat Southwest Minnesota by 16. How did you guys do against them?

Get real. We had the most succesful men's BB program in the history of the NCC and will continue to have the most storied history of any NCC program. The legacy of SDSU DII basketball will never die even as we develop our niche in DI.

Stick with USD but always remember, when it comes to athletics, especially BB, you'll always be trying to live up to the SDSU standard (gotta love the facts). My opinion, good goal but not achievable with the current admin.

sports_buff
03-04-2005, 09:54 AM
Get real. We had the most succesful men's BB program in the history of the NCC and will continue to have the most storied history of any NCC program. The legacy of SDSU DII basketball will never die even as we develop our niche in DI.

Stick with USD but always remember, when it comes to athletics, especially BB, you'll always be trying to live up to the SDSU standard (gotta love the facts). My opinion, good goal but not achievable with the current admin.

Hate to say it, but the most storied history of any NCC program is probably NDSU. But I would never tell my buddies from ND that.

jackrabbit1979
03-04-2005, 10:18 AM
Hate to say it, but the most storied history of any NCC program is probably NDSU. But I would never tell my buddies from ND that.

In football, WBB, and wresting, i think you could argue that. In Men's Bball i think SDSU has a viable argument. Although i do think NDSU leads the all time series between the two schools.

jackmd
03-04-2005, 11:41 AM

Reread the post, talking men's BB here.

NDSU does lead the all time series 97-89 but they have only won the NCC outright twice since 1960 (8 total) and have appeared in the NCAA tourney only 8 times (last in 97 I believe). They have never made the elite 8.

That hardly compares to 20 conference titles, 24 post-season appearances, a national title and a runner-up finish. Maybe I'm missing something but thats not likely. SDSU men's BB has the most storied history by far of any current or previous NCC team. Fact.

jackmd
03-04-2005, 12:03 PM
FYI, SDSU has 8 regional championships.

sports_buff
03-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Reread the post, talking men's BB here.

My bad, I didn't notice that you were talking about men's basketball, I was referring to all sports.

jackmd
03-05-2005, 07:27 AM
My bad, I didn't notice that you were talking about men's basketball, I was referring to all sports.

Understandable and as far as all-sports are concerned I would give NDSU the nod, but would say the SDSU has closed the gap some in recent years.

joeybrownerHOF
03-05-2005, 07:44 AM
JackMD-Don't forget Creighton was once a member of the NCC (14 NCAA I berths). Besides them, noone past or present even compares to State's MBB program. Was at the United Center for the Creighton v. Florida upset four years ago, Korvers the best shooting hick since the young man from French Lick

bigjake
03-06-2005, 07:15 AM
Good game Mueller. I wish we had you on our team at uno just like I am sure the good people at sdsu would have loved to have had you on their team. You go out the way you came in - as a WINNER!!

JACKGUYII
03-06-2005, 09:06 AM
I don't think Nagy and the Boys are doing much sitting but rather getting ready for another DI season beginning with Illinois next year. USD most likely will be one and done in the regional like last year.

usdcoyotes
03-06-2005, 12:41 PM
OK we will be playing for a championship unlike u guys. Oh wait u guys are going to be playing Illinois next year big deal. What looks better playing a #1 team in last years poll or winning a championship humm. Good luck next year i mean that.

sports_buff
03-06-2005, 02:00 PM
I don't think Nagy and the Boys are doing much sitting but rather getting ready for another DI season beginning with Illinois next year. USD most likely will be one and done in the regional like last year.

USD won their first round game last year in the regionals.

JACKGUYII
03-06-2005, 03:16 PM
OK we will be playing for a championship unlike u guys. Oh wait u guys are going to be playing Illinois next year big deal. What looks better playing a #1 team in last years poll or winning a championship humm. Good luck next year i mean that.

Your a long way from winning a championship. I honestly feel better about the direction of our programs in DI even though the defenition of success for us is no longer winning National Championships.

GoJacks02
03-07-2005, 01:49 AM
Fake Mueller,

I don't care whether you are the real kid or not, but, this is for fans of Mueller everywhere...

You're suspect. Your sportsmanship on the court will forever prevent you from being a true champion - because a real champion earns the respect of those they play with and those that watch them play.

And, just to take another jab, USD's Journalism program is shyte.

filbert
03-07-2005, 03:18 AM
And, just to take another jab, USD's Journalism program is shyte.

Witness the grammatically incorrect title of this thread.

SDSUFAN
03-07-2005, 05:58 AM
"Who is the best team" would be correct in my opinion. Thanks for pointing it out. Mueller does not need to learn grammar, hell he is nothing but a great basketball player. ;D I believe Mueller said he was going to win four National championships for USD. Where are the other three? The last one won by U of Southestern Dakota (USED) was won in 1958.

JBNJBQ
03-16-2005, 04:58 AM
I believe Mueller said he was going to win four National championships for USD. The last one won by U of Southestern Dakota (USED) was won in 1958.

Mule R Boy Career at USD:

NCC Titles= 0
Region Titles= 0
National Titles= 0

Looks like he fell a little short of his goal.

SDSUFAN
03-16-2005, 05:15 AM
I feel like a new man this morning and its not because I took exlax, its because MULE BOY'S career at USD is over. I have never had a student athlete leave such a love/hate impression on me, you hate his attitude, but you have to give credit for being a good basketball player. None of the all time great crap, but a good player. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

footballfan
03-16-2005, 08:54 AM
Wow........ Is that all the better you can do when you shoot your mouth off on our board. Let us know when you have something important to say....

Go Jacks !!!!!!!

OK_Jackrabbit
03-16-2005, 08:56 AM
At least we didn't look like a YMCA rec team against Metro and lose by 44 points.
You're right. It was a close game and a very good season for USD. Congratulations on the season and on your career. You're one of those players that just seemed to drive us all crazy for one reason or another. But that was a good showing against those deadeye shooters at Metro.

Now if we can just get back to talking about SDSU athletics on our SDSU athletics board, it would be nice. I think maybe this thread has played itself out, particularly since the two teams being discussed here don't compete against each other anymore and both are done for the year.

Rabbitlivinginverm
03-16-2005, 09:03 AM
At least we didn't look like a YMCA rec team against Metro and lose by 44 points.

So now it's about the experience?

A loss is a loss, whether by 4 or 44...

sports_buff
03-16-2005, 10:35 AM
A loss is a loss, whether by 4 or 44...

The difference being that one is a heck of a lot more embarrassing than the other.

MilwaukeeJacksAlum
03-16-2005, 11:03 AM
Fake Mueller making that post is stupid and defending that statement is even more stupid. Especially from you, sports_buff, who's tag line chides SDSU with "It's not about winning, it's about the experience." If you truly feel winning and losing is all that matters, you would not care about the score but only that you lost. At least stay consistent.

Fake Mueller is just some blowhard who gets enjoyment from further pi$$ing off an already anti-Mueller crowd. He speaks with his head firmly entrenched in his arse. I doubt the real Josh Mueller, as big of a hot head as he is on the court, would endorse Fake Mueller's antics because it makes him look like an idiot on top of being a hot head.

sports_buff
03-16-2005, 07:35 PM
Fake Mueller making that post is stupid and defending that statement is even more stupid. Especially from you, sports_buff, who's tag line chides SDSU with "It's not about winning, it's about the experience." If you truly feel winning and losing is all that matters, you would not care about the score but only that you lost. At least stay consistent.

Fake Mueller is just some blowhard who gets enjoyment from further pi$$ing off an already anti-Mueller crowd. He speaks with his head firmly entrenched in his arse. I doubt the real Josh Mueller, as big of a hot head as he is on the court, would endorse Fake Mueller's antics because it makes him look like an idiot on top of being a hot head.

I'm certainly not happy about the loss. I'm not happy that we forced metro to play the game of their lives to beat us--shooting 14-17 from the three point line. However, I will say I'm not embarrassed by the effort. You are right, I'm never going to be happy with a loss, and I'm not happy about this one at all. However, I don't think it's inconsisent of me to say I would be more embarrassed losing by 44 points than I would be losing by 4. I don't think I ever acted like your loss to Butler was the same as your loss to Southwest State. I'm not into moral victories at all, but lets face it--some losses are more embarrassing than others. I'm sure you can understand that.

JACKGUYII
03-16-2005, 07:48 PM
I was bored while on a business trip and listened to the USD/Metro game. Culhane has to be the most unprofessional broadcaster I have ever listened to. He whined about every call and blamed the loss on the officiating and unbalanced fouls and freethrows. Thankfully we have a true professional in Steve Imming who certainly is in the Jacks court but would never stoop to the antics of Culhane.

jacksfaninne
03-16-2005, 09:03 PM
Culhane has to be the most unprofessional broadcaster I have ever listened to. He whined about every call and blamed the loss on the officiating and unbalanced fouls and freethrows.

I couldn't agree more. The guy is a joke. But honestly, would we expect any higher standards from anyone or anything affiliated with usd?

sports_buff
03-16-2005, 09:17 PM
I was bored while on a business trip and listened to the USD/Metro game. Culhane has to be the most unprofessional broadcaster I have ever listened to. He whined about every call and blamed the loss on the officiating and unbalanced fouls and freethrows. Thankfully we have a true professional in Steve Imming who certainly is in the Jacks court but would never stoop to the antics of Culhane.

If you had watched the game you would have seen their was plenty to complain about.
But with that being said, even I can't deny that Culhane is a homer. He lets his love for USD get in the way of his announcing. But he can be pretty funny to listen to sometimes, not on purpose. I'm sure it's not as funny for someone who isn't a USD fan.

JACKGUYII
03-16-2005, 09:36 PM
I don't mind a certain degree of homerism but this guy is off the charts and his own bias is a disgrace to the broadcasting profession. Good thing he owns the company as I doubt he would find work otherwise. I'm surprised and then again I'm not that USD allows it to go on as it's a bad reflection on the entire university and it's fans.

SiouxFallsJack
03-16-2005, 10:33 PM
I just hope never again to here the phrase 3-banger or rainmaker.

sports_buff
03-17-2005, 06:38 AM
I don't mind a certain degree of homerism but this guy is off the charts and his own bias is a disgrace to the broadcasting profession. Good thing he owns the company as I doubt he would find work otherwise. I'm surprised and then again I'm not that USD allows it to go on as it's a bad reflection on the entire university and it's fans.

Wow, don't you think you are over doing it just a tad. So he's a homer, it's not like he beat his wife or something. ::) Now that would be a bad reflection on the entire university and it's fans.

jackrabbit1979
03-17-2005, 06:52 AM
At least in his pathetic life he is actually a homer for USD. He doesn't resort to coming on a rivals fanboard everyday, reading every post, and chiming in about the other university because his University is too stupid to actually have one of these boards for themselves.

I know, I know, they are too good for fanboards, they are working on pre-law, pre-med, MBA's, and pledging fraternites.

OK_Jackrabbit
03-17-2005, 07:02 AM
Just so we all know, fake Mueller is Mavs#1.

Look at the source of his avatar image. It's user jr4311 using photobucket.com to host the image. In a remarkable coincidence, Mavs#1 also uses user jr4311 at photobucket.com to host his avatar and many other images.

I'm a supporter of a diversity of voices on this board. But that doesn't include misrepresenting yourself as someone you are not, or signing up with multiple identities.

Do we have rules about multiple identities? The PHPbb system I host allows the administrator to make IP addresses from which people post visible, so we can see where people are posting from. That might help us determine who is real and who is fake. It would be hard for Mavs#1 to post from Vermillion if he's living in Omaha, and the IP address would give that away.

I enjoy the smack, but I don't think we have any responsibility to tolerate people who lie to us by creating a series of multiple fake identities.

Rabbitlivinginverm
03-17-2005, 07:05 AM
Just so we all know, fake Mueller is Mavs#1.

Look at the source of his avatar image. It's user jr4311 using photobucket.com to host the image. In a remarkable coincidence, Mavs#1 also uses user jr4311 at photobucket.com to host his avatar and many other images.

I'm a supporter of a diversity of voices on this board. But that doesn't include misrepresenting yourself as someone you are not, or signing up with multiple identities.

Do we have rules about multiple identities? The PHPbb system I host allows the administrator to make IP addresses from which people post visible, so we can see where people are posting from. That might help us determine who is real and who is fake. It would be hard for Mavs#1 to post from Vermillion if he's living in Omaha, and the IP address would give that away.

I enjoy the smack, but I don't think we have any responsibility to tolerate people who lie to us by creating a series of multiple fake identities.

Mav, you are really pathetic.

Rabbitlivinginverm
03-17-2005, 07:05 AM
Wow, don't you think you are over doing it just a tad. So he's a homer, it's not like he beat his wife or something. ::) Now that would be a bad reflection on the entire university and it's fans.

Buff,

you're even worse.

jackmd
03-17-2005, 08:48 AM
As our board gets more popular will have more problems with imposters, nitwits, and your general assholes. 89 will have to start banning people in order to keep things "sophisticated". I suggest we all support this and start with bigjake and Mav. Sports_buff may want to watch himself. Just some suggestions. I've seen Sioux fans ruin many a good topic at bisonville and the same has been happening here with the UNO morons as themselves and posing as others.

OK_Jackrabbit
03-17-2005, 12:50 PM
As our board gets more popular will have more problems with imposters, nitwits, and your general assholes. 89 will have to start banning people in order to keep things "sophisticated". I suggest we all support this and start with bigjake and Mav. Sports_buff may want to watch himself. Just some suggestions. I've seen Sioux fans ruin many a good topic at bisonville and the same has been happening here with the UNO morons as themselves and posing as others.
I'm very circumspect about silencing anyone... but if someone has set out to create multiple identities with the intention of misleading people and creating controversy where none exists, I don't think banning is too harsh a penalty. Mavs#1 has probably gone too far this time.

I'm not sure I would support a ban for BigJake. As far as I know, he hasn't been caught red handed spoofing the board with fake identities. Maybe he has, but if not, he should stay. And sports_buff, while I don't agree with much he says, doesn't seem to have done anything except disagree, which is great. That's what makes the smack board fun.

I would make a plea to non-SDSU fans who come to this board. Register (once) and make your arguments. Stir things up on the Smack board. It can be really fun. Make your points and make us defend our points. But don't create multiple identities and try to create controversy just for controversy's sake.

Texas_Jacks_Fan
03-17-2005, 01:37 PM
Mavs 1 has had had plenty of chances, He should be done. Jake and sports buff should be next to go. This is a SDSU fan board and I don't particularly care to see my school run down by these morons every day. If some people want all voices to be heard then they can start a new board. Call it "Lets bash SDSU"
Get rid of these three -Please!!
I also would'nt mind seeing the smack board go away completely.

gojacksgo
03-17-2005, 02:53 PM
Mavs hasn't had a post outside of the smack board for over 2 weeks, maybe even more. If they keep it in there, why does it matter? That is what the smack board is for. .

SDSUFAN
03-17-2005, 03:43 PM
Mav No 1 has been at this game for a long time. He started this trash talk about SDSU over on Bisonville a long time ago. He made so much of our AD's problem over there and basically said that SDSU was located in a red neck white land that would never attract athletes of color or any other diversity for that matter. He has been a trouble maker for a long time. This is why I keep knocking UNO as that puts him and his clone Big Jake on the defense.

As long as he tries to humor us I see no harm in his postings. Mike "Frickn" Nelte was funny as is his current avatar. A little off color, but what the heck, my nose has never been colored blue in terms of morals. I like a laugh once and awhile.

As for myself, I defended SDSU over on SiouxSports.com and got shot down over and over again, even by an SDSU alum named PCM. I also learned not to make fun of Hockey as that is god up in GF.

If you said anything negative towards UND, Jim Dahl the administrator will band you plain and simple. I know as I am banned permentately as long as I use two email addresses that Sioux Sports has on file. Thats the thing about banding someone, all they have to do is log in with a different email address and they are back in.

I know I have been hard on some people on this board that are very loyal SDSU people and I regret that very much. Message boards are not like face to face meetings. The board give you a chance to pop off when you should not do so. I have had a tough time learning to cool off before posting when something bits you in the rear. ;) I try to be better.