Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Thread: Replacing Nagy: Who Ya Got?

Default Re: Replacing Nagy: Who Ya Got?

Thanks for posting the link. Nagy's a good guy and hope he has a lot of success at Wright State.

Just wanted to swing back in and revisit this thread and tell you all how thrilled I am to see Coach Otz and the Jackrabbits flourishing like I felt and hoped they could. Props on a great season so far and since my Cyclones are not NCAA tournament bound (barring a miraculous run in KC this week), I will be adopting the Jacks, Loyola (IL) and Nevada Wolfpack as my teams to cheer hard for this spring. Loyola and Nevada both have former Cyclones on their roster and the Jacks have a great young coach that I think is destined for great success. Best of luck!

Coach Nagy is doing his thing down in the Dominican Republic, and took a fantastic picture.

The only thing that would have made it better is if the shirt said "2017 Summit League Tournament Champions" on it.

Gotta love Coach Nagy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFan96 View Post
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Haiti to the D.R. Movin' upscale.

I do miss Coach Nagy and recall in the 1980's after a football game, a gathering at the now gone Tompkins Alumni Center, Coach Jim Thorson bringing his newly hired assistant Scott Nagy. A very quiet young man, neatly groomed, but very interested in all the conversations going on around him. I found this dated article from the Dayton Daily News which gives a great deal of background information about his past. Details he never spoke of mainly, his brilliant career at Delta State.
    https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...nkzgbOkHiAAsM/

Having lived in the Dayton area for a few years in the 1970's, the Ohio River separates accents spoken. North in Dayton, most speak hardly noticeable Midwest accent. South of the river, you are in Kentucky and they speak what some referred to Briar accent. Very different, as I am sure Coach has found out in recruiting trips.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 07-23-2019 at 10:41 AM.