Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Replacing Nagy: Who Ya Got?

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    lol at not calling Calipari back. Once Miler was eliminated/never considered/whatever, there would be no need to call that reference. In one of Zimmers interviews, Sell mentioned the incredible amount of phone tag they were playing with coaches,references,etc... But he should drop everything to call big John?

Hopefully Ryan learned some things in case he gets another shot in the future. My advice would to be not break out the big guns too early. Wait until you get an actual interview before flashing your autographed picture of Steve Alford.
    I wouldn't want to call him back because I'd feel slimy for the rest of the day.

Comment

lol at not calling Calipari back. Once Miler was eliminated/never considered/whatever, there would be no need to call that reference. In one of Zimmers interviews, Sell mentioned the incredible amount of phone tag they were playing with coaches,references,etc... But he should drop everything to call big John?

Hopefully Ryan learned some things in case he gets another shot in the future. My advice would to be not break out the big guns too early. Wait until you get an actual interview before flashing your autographed picture of Steve Alford.
      I would think Sell could have given a courtesy call to Ryan if he had interviewed him. I know if I were him I would have appreciated one. If someone doesn't answer, there is this thing called voicemail as well. I guess I thought Sell would be a little more professional.
      Last edited by JacksFTW; 04-15-2016, 10:05 AM. Reason: fixed it for you

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        I wouldn't want to call him back because I'd feel slimy for the rest of the day.
        That was one of my first reactions. Not sure I would use someone as a reference that has had to vacate winning seasons and championships at all his previous stops. Probably works well with the general public, but maybe not with many AD's.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
          I have no clue what happened, but I would think Sell could have given a courtesy call. I know if I were him I would have appreciated one. If someone doesn't answer, there is this thing called voicemail as well. I guess I thought Sell would be a little more professional. (If that is actually what happened)
          If I'm an AD and Calipari is on a reference list of a possible candidate, I'd throw the resume in the trash. Call me a dummy but I wouldn't want a guy who two had final four appearances (UMass & Memphis) "vacated" by the NCAA listed as a reference. I don't care how many national championships he's won or how big of a name he is. He's a flat out cheater.

Sell doesn't need to call Calipari back just because of who he is. Not calling him back is a sign to me that Ryan Miller was never a serious candidate. The Miller camp is going to have to accept that and get over it.

Mike is coming across as the little brother whose big brother just got beat up. Grow up.

Comment

If you state this:

I have no clue what happened
            And this:

(If that is actually what happened)
            How can you state this?:

I guess I thought Sell would be a little more professional.
            Just doesn't compute for me.
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
              Also, thought it was very telling that Craig McDermott came to the introduction from Creighton. We have a lot of connections down there with Mark Burgers as their Associate Athletic Director. They run a solid program down there in many ways like ours so it was apparent that our people talked to their people.
              Hope they talked about a home-and-home.
              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

My point is, if he did not call Miller back I do not agree with Sell's decision. I could care less about calling a reference back.

Comment

I would think Sell could have given a courtesy call if he had interviewed Miller. I know if I were him I would have appreciated one. If someone doesn't answer, there is this thing called voicemail as well. I guess I thought Sell would be a little more professional.
                  You were a little slow with the ninja edit. I actually agree that you have no clue what happened.

Comment

Thats why I said if it happened. I am late to this story, enlighten me.

Comment

The song has ended and the "fat lady" was brilliant!

Comment

Thats why I said if it happened. I am late to this story, enlighten me.
                        That's the point, nobody but Justin Sell knows the story but Mike Miller and the poster I responded to are whining about Sell not returning Calipari's phone call.

Comment

That's the point, nobody but Justin Sell knows the story but Mike Miller and the poster I responded to are whining about Sell not returning Calipari's phone call.
                          Oh, yeah I misinterpreted the posts. It was hard to tell what was going on since Miller deleted his posts. If he did not respond to references that is no big deal. Sorry for my ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                            Hope they talked about a home-and-home.
                            I'd like to get something going with Wright State as well!
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Oh, yeah I misinterpreted the posts. It was hard to tell what was going on since Miller deleted his posts. If he did not respond to references that is no big deal. Sorry for my ignorance.
                              No problem. There just seems like there's some sour grapes coming from the Miller camp about a process very few know anything about. I'm thrilled with the guy we got.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                                Agree with what you said. Mike's antics really reinforce to me that Sell made the right decision in going with TJ. Nothing worse than a program with outside drama attached to it.
                                I was leaning toward Ryan as the next guy, but I also agree with this post. Nothing worse than a celebrity lobbing bombs via social media.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X