Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brazil Info

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    I would expect Parks and Jacobsen are just place-holders at PG until Marshall gets eligible. After that happens , I think we will see Marshall,Parks and Bittle all on the floor at the same time quite a bit.
    Does anyone know for sure who was running the point for us in Brazil?

Point guard is our biggest question mark heading into the season. Even when Marshall becomes eligible, he'll still need time to adjust and it's still important to have a reliable back up.

The second biggest question mark of this team is who'll be logging minutes at the 4 spot. I still think it'll be Devine starting, but we'll need at least 1 of the 3 freshman bigs to contribute for a fair amount of minutes (and I'm not sure the Brazil trip settled who it's going to be based on the stat lines).

I'm really not concerned about the 2-3 spots at this point. Bittle is going to be solid all-around if he can stay healthy and there is just too much talent between Flatten, Severyn, and Tellinghuisen for one of them not to emerge this season.

Have a mentioned that I'm extremely excited for this season?
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

I would guess Parks is your starting PG this season...at least initially. He tweeted about a 20 pt, 6 asst performance in Brazil.
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Your 4 man on this team will need to board, pass and score occassionally from the perimeter as teams will focus heavily on Larson down low. Be interesting to see who steps up etc. Stat lines don't mean much in exhibitions etc especially when two of the teams were so bad. I'm more curious to see the speed this team plays at during the season. I like bigs that can run and we seem to have a good supply of those for sure. PG? It's Marshall's role when he's ready and I've heard really good stuff about him so far.

Comment

Watched videos and am very impressed. I need a program to identify the newbees.

Comment

A download of information comes with this summary from Brazil trip. 3rd game was very hostile. Team had to leave in groups of 4 and went straight to the bus. This was the only odd experience of the trip however. The 4th game was to come against a loaded Brazil team who has 3 members of Brazil's Olympic team on the roster. Nagy decided that was not the type of game he wanted to end the trip on so they ended with the U-22 team which was probably better for the team!

Larson will be a beast if he's motivated to play hard all the time. He played in spurts very hard and others not so much. Bittle was the best player down in Brazil. Played hard, physical and tough in all games. Should have a really nice season. Parks shoots the ball well and had some nice moments. Devine had some nice post moves and boarded overall better than last year. Flatten showed flashes. Theisen and Tellingsen will most likely see time in the rotation.

Overall, it'll be interesting to watch the next 3 months as they prepare for the reg season. I will say this with Marshall in the mix, they are going to pretty good.

Comment

Anyone know how Marshall did in his 1st game in Europe? The team won 100-67 but couldn't find any stats for Marshall. Stats were listed for some other players though.

https://twitter.com/GlobalSports_US

http://www.globalsportsacademyus.com...land_Final.pdf

Comment

In visiting with a staff member who has watched him practice a lot, his description of George Marshall is that he is "the real deal." And I believe with him running the point, we are going to be a very good team. Of course, only time will tell, but I'm getting pretty optimistic. And with this year's freshman class, I'm feeling like the future is "very" bright.

Comment

Per Global Sports Academy:

In 3 games, leading scorers for #GSABALDWIN are #KrisJenkins at 20.3 ppg, #GeorgeMarshall at 11.3 ppg, and #NateTaphorn at 9.6 ppg.
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Per Global Sports Academy:

#GSABaldwin George Marshall great on ball defender and Chicago toughness. He's poised to have a great year for South Dakota St.

Comment

George Marshall scored in double digits again in his last game on the GSA tour according to their twitter page.
                      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Working...
                      X