Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brazil Info

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
    Krabbenhoft posted twitter pics of team at the beach. If my eyes weren't deceiving me Bittle looks like a brick house.
    http://t.co/zHxikdHKKR
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
      Krabbenhoft posted twitter pics of team at the beach. If my eyes weren't deceiving me Bittle looks like a brick house.

I thought the the same thing. I also was thinking that if the football team needs an outside LB he could probably fill in.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

From the videos, I thought the team looked flashy. Of course they are highlights for a reason, but I was impressed with the way the guys looked. Flatten seems to be comfortable with the ball and playing at this level. I think the redshirt year was good for him. Hopefully he can contribute throughout the year.
        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          Holy Jesus Cody Larson looks like someone just locked him in a weight room over the off season. What a freaking beast.
          My understanding is that he not only looks like a beast, he is a beast. One of the strongest players ever to don a Jackrabbit basketball uniform.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Per Jackrabbit Athletics:
            Jacks win finale in Brazil over Botafogo, 114-63 to finish 3-1 on Brookings to Brazil tour.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              Per Jackrabbit Athletics:
              Jacks win finale in Brazil over Botafogo, 114-63 to finish 3-1 on Brookings to Brazil tour.
              Gojacks.com lists Botafogo as a "top level pro team". A 50 point win is a good way to close out the trip.

Comment

4 freshman in double figures...

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=209606793

Comment

Those short clips show newcomers with some real skills. And they showed DeVine with a couple very good blue-collar power moves inside. He will be a key to this year.
                  Originally posted by jacks1 View Post

Comment

I noticed Larson hitting a 3-pointer in the video. You know things are flowing well when that happens! I don't recall even seeing him shoot one last year.

Now for a 3-month wait until a very interesting season tips off for real.

Comment

From all of the videos, I really like the way Flatten was playing. He might be challenging Horstman for a starting role this season.
                      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Will Jacobsen be in the mix for a starting role at the beginning of the season? From the two videos that I watched, he looked like he was in the mix at the beginning of each half. I have to be honest, I didn't see him with a significant role on this team. Or is the coaching staff setting up a mix of players where Marshall/Jacobsen/Parks will be at the point and Jacobsen just happens to have the most experience in Nagy's system at this point?

Comment

After watching the videos I think that Bittle looks like a full back out there. I think he will be a physical presence out there.
                          Last edited by sdsu_drake; 08-11-2014, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                            Will Jacobsen be in the mix for a starting role at the beginning of the season? From the two videos that I watched, he looked like he was in the mix at the beginning of each half. I have to be honest, I didn't see him with a significant role on this team. Or is the coaching staff setting up a mix of players where Marshall/Jacobsen/Parks will be at the point and Jacobsen just happens to have the most experience in Nagy's system at this point?
                            I would expect Parks and Jacobsen are just place-holders at PG until Marshall gets eligible. After that happens , I think we will see Marshall,Parks and Bittle all on the floor at the same time quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              I would expect Parks and Jacobsen are just place-holders at PG until Marshall gets eligible. After that happens , I think we will see Marshall,Parks and Bittle all on the floor at the same time quite a bit.
                              That makes sense. While Bittle may be undersized at 6'4", how he has bulked up and his physical play looks like it would work at the 3. I could see Parks and whomever is at the 4 will be the rotated out with the next 3 or so players in Nagy's rotation. That would fit with his normal 7 to 8 man rotation that he has used in the last number of years.

Comment

I would expect Devine, Thiesen, and Larson to hold down the 4-5. Thiesen has college ready size, and Daum looks like he could lose some weight. Now that Devine has been healthy, he put on some more weight. Even though he isn't as big as I want him to be at. However, 220 is so much better than the 205 he was at the beginning of last season after he had mono. If we were to go small, I could maybe see Doyle with some time in the 4. Maybe Horstman could play the 4, but that might be a stretch.

Comment

Working...
                                X