Campus Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campus Construction

I believe the chainlink fence you mention is not construction fence but more of a way to enclose the area and make it possible to collect admission.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2.../1003/business

Comment

Here are a few updates for the EECS addition, Dairy Science addition and McCrory gardens. Work on these projects has continued through the winter months. More pictures for these three projects are posted in my albums.

The framework of the west addition to EECS is largely complete - steel frame with precast floor.

McCrory Gardens Visitor Center foundation is complete and steel erection is starting.

The exterior of the Dairy Science addition (new cheese/ice cream production lab and store) is largely complete.

Note the snow - we are looking forward to spring.

Comment

TV mentioned a couple of weeks ago in a blog or tweet that dirt work was underway on the new south endzone seating at CAS. Who's got a camera and a little free time? Or maybe there's nothing to see but a hole in the ground.
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
            TV mentioned a couple of weeks ago in a blog or tweet that dirt work was underway on the new south endzone seating at CAS. Who's got a camera and a little free time? Or maybe there's nothing to see but a hole in the ground.
            Not much to see as of yesterday. 8 or 10 6'wx6'lx3'd holes, and a big pile of dirt.

The footings were staked as of yesterday around 4pm for the concrete guys to lay forms and begin pouring concrete for the footings.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Per SDSU_Jacks tweet: New bleachers are on the way in the south endzone of Coughlin-Alumni Stadium! Home opener on Sept. 3 vs. S. Utah!

368755673.jpg
              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.

Comment

I'm assuming they are going to go higher than that, correct?
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

From the looks of that photo, likely not. There are no footings further back & I would doubt they would tie into the scoreboard.
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Are these the seats for the Pride? If not, I think they should have gone with chair back seats.
                    We...ARE...STATE!
                    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      I'm assuming they are going to go higher than that, correct?
                      I don't think so. These stands are for the Pride, GA fans will still be able to sit on the grass slope below those stands.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                        I don't think so. These stands are for the Pride, GA fans will still be able to sit on the grass slope below those stands.
                        IIRC, as getting season tix, that only the area that the Pride sat was opened up for season tix holders. I know I shifted to that area. Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that not much space was created that won't be used by the Pride in the south stands.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
                          Are these the seats for the Pride? If not, I think they should have gone with chair back seats.
                          I mis read your post the first time and posted something that might be considered an attack on the Pride. I do agree this would be a revenue raising idea, but it appears the Pride will pretty much eat up the seating. We just cant play football at home without the Pride and their half time show.

Comment

New photo update courtesy of Tyler Merriam. Looks good! Don't see much space for GA grass sitters between bleachers and end zone. How tough will it be for the band director(s) to have the band spread horizontally instead of vertically?
                            @JacksFanInNeb

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
                              How can the Pride take up a whole section of the west grandstand, and be squished into that little area?
                              Meh, it's about a thousand seats either way.

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
                                How can the Pride take up a whole section of the west grandstand, and be squished into that little area?
                                Probably because they never really did take up the whole section. They were spread out pretty good in the stands. I will miss their moxy sitting next to us this year but I think the game day experience will be much better with their sound coming out of the south endzone.

Comment

Working...
                                X