Campus Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campus Construction

Thought I would bump this as was hoping someone close to campus could post some updated shots of all the new projects.

Comment

Check back tomorrow. If the weather cooperates, I'll shoot photos during lunch.

Comment

Shot some early morning photos of campus construction.

Here's the north side of the new residence halls.

For more photos see the albums in my profile. The new photos are dated 7/28/10.

Comment

Thanks for the photos. I really need to spend lunch wandering campus when I'm in Brookings later this week.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

The SDSU facebook page has posted a few pictures from the new dorms, they look fantastic

http://www.facebook.com/#!/SouthDakotaStateUniversity

Comment

KDLT vid on new dorms

http://www.kdlt.com/index.php?option...temid=57#video

Comment

Well almost everything that needs to be complete is done for todays move in! A little landscaping around the new halls should be good! Same with the Avera building. The Union is set to be complete in October and I believe Ag Hall renovations are complete. The Dairy Micro building is now under construction and it is moving quickly! Things are looking good!
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Great vid of the inside of JV

http://www.kdlt.com/index.php?option...temid=57#video

Comment

People have a lot higher expectations than they used to have, even college students moving on campus. I am glad to see the improvements. As SDSU recruits students from farther away, better living quarters become a necessity for recruitment. For a lot of students, the residence halls are a Monday through Thursday or Friday home, with an occasional weekend on campus. For people who live a few hundred miles from campus, the residence halls are home seven days a week from the beginning of school until Thanksgiving. There is a big difference for the student with a longer commute.
                    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Here's another round of photos - I've posted updated photos of most of the construction sites in albums on my profile.

The newest excitement was the destruction of the sorority house west of the new EE/CS building to make way for constructing the west wing starting this fall.

Contractors are landscaping around the Jackrabbit Village

Union Construction is moving quickly. Here's a view from the north side

Dairy Science addition to Dairy Micro is going up fast... Here's a view from the corner of the old Sexauer running track.

Go Rabbits...

Comment

Thanks again for keeping us up-to-date. Good pics.

Comment

I didnt think they were going to move the womens fraternity house? They are already adding on the the building? I thought they just finished it?
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            I didnt think they were going to move the womens fraternity house? They are already adding on the the building? I thought they just finished it?
                            Adding a second wing to the west. The original plan was to have an east and west wing, but only did the east side initially because of $.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Women's fraternity? Sign me up!
                              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                                Women's fraternity? Sign me up!
                                Thats what they all are. there are mens and womens fraternities. SDSU does not have sororities.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X