Pride in Rose Parade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pride in Rose Parade

We were watching it in the doc's lounge at the hospital. I definitely felt a sense of pride. Nothing wrong with cutting away to Erin Andrews, IMHO.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by tdhummel View Post
      http://ktla.trb.com/extras/ktla/rose...neup-full.html There is the parade order we are 71 and right now we art at like 50.

If you go to the link provided by tdhummel, scroll down to 71 and click on the link, there is a 2:40 video of the Pride marching and playing in the parade.
      An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
      US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Direct Link:

http://ktla.trb.com/extras/ktla/rose...dedakotas.html

Comment

Watched it on Discovery HD. They had great coverage, sticking with each float and band from the corner until they left the "TV" area. No commercials, either. The Pride looked great and the Discovery HD announcers mentioned that the Pride was invited back because they "blew everybody away" last time or something to that effect.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            Watched it on Discovery HD. They had great coverage, sticking with each float and band from the corner until they left the "TV" area. No commercials, either. The Pride looked great and the Discovery HD announcers mentioned that the Pride was invited back because they "blew everybody away" last time or something to that effect.
            I think I watch it first on the Home and Garden network (?)...its cameras picked up the parade entries first. Then we switched to a different channel and watched them again as they marched down Colorado Boulevard. I also heard the "blew everybody away" comment. The commentators listed the innaugurals the Pride has played for. One of the station's commentators noted that Jim McKinney marched in the Rose Parade exactly 40 years ago with his high school band, the first high school band to march in the Rose Parade.

I think the H&G network failed to mention SDSU and said it was the Pride of the Dakotas from Brookings, South Dakota. But two other channels pointed out it was SDSU's band.

They looked great, particularly from the Goodyear Blimp shots.

Comment

Originally posted by tdhummel View Post
              It's like 7 miles they had to march I talked to one of the members right before they got ready to leave this morning.
              7 Miles from off the bus to on the bus. Marching is only 5.5 miles.
              Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
              -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Working...
              X