Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mascot News

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    One this is certain: there will be some who like it, some who do not, and some in between.
    I haven't seen it yet, but I'm willing to go on record as, "I like it, but not a lot!"

My point is, Most of us love everything Jackrabbit, but we really did like the Bugs Bunnyish mascot. It will take a while to get used to the new one.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

New Jackrabbit gear.

Comment

Makes you wonder if the "new" rabbit was submitted by Brian McNamee
        Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
        Muhammad Ali

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.../NEWS/80112004

Article from the Argus.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

What did Sunday's Argus have to say about the logo?
            Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
            -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Sunday's article.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...801130329/1001
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I see Jim Marking is against something else.

Comment

JackGuyII, you're being a little tough on Coach Marking. I think he's expressed an opinion held by many. He liked the running, cartoon Bug's clone but says he'll have to see the new one and may like it. I suspect Marking is aware we couldn't keep using the Bugs cousin.

Comment

JackGuyII, you're being a little tough on Coach Marking. I think he's expressed an opinion held by many. He liked the running, cartoon Bug's clone but says he'll have to see the new one and may like it. I suspect Marking is aware we couldn't keep using the Bugs cousin.
                    I think this is one time I could agree with Coach Marking. I thought that the copyrighted logo of Bugs and the possiblity of infringement law suits was driving this move as much as the move for change. I could be wrong. The world is moving faster because of all sorts of technlogical changes so a logo is not sacred. We could have choosen a french name that insulted Native Americans and claimed we were doing them a favor by honoring them. Welcome back flickertails.

Whatever is picked I guess I like others will have to adapt to. I have stayed away from mascot apparell in favor of offical SDSU seals so this will not have any impact on my clothing budget. So bring it on.

Comment

I believe he is talking about Marking still being against the move up to Division 1.

Comment

Is there an actual complaint filed by Warner (reference)? I have a feeling this is more of a rumor gone wild than fact.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                          Is there an actual complaint filed by Warner (reference)? I have a feeling this is more of a rumor gone wild than fact.
                          One more time:

Our logo is based on Bugs Bunny. That is a fact. Anyone who knows the actual origins of the current rabbit in the 1970s knows that is true. Take a good look for yourself. It's Bugs Bunny with slightly different teeth (our rabbit has a full mouth of teeth, Bugs just has the big chompers) and smaller feet. It's as if somebody handed an SDSU artist a picture of Bugs and said "change this a little".

Everybody just needs to wrap their minds around the fact that we have a potential copyright problem with the current bunny. And Time Warner has a market capitalization of $55 billion. We can't market our unique mascot the way we want to.

So we're getting a new one. It's not the end of the world. It's just different.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            One more time:

Our logo is based on Bugs Bunny. That is a fact. Anyone who knows the actual origins of the current rabbit in the 1970s knows that is true. Take a good look for yourself. It's Bugs Bunny with slightly different teeth (our rabbit has a full mouth of teeth, Bugs just has the big chompers) and smaller feet. It's as if somebody handed an SDSU artist a picture of Bugs and said "change this a little".

Everybody just needs to wrap their minds around the fact that we have a potential copyright problem with the current bunny. And Time Warner has a market capitalization of $55 billion. We can't market our unique mascot the way we want to.

So we're getting a new one. It's not the end of the world. It's just different.
                            If it is such a fact then it shouldn't be hard to find some citations of Warner asking for a change. Otherwise this is just another rumor as far as I am concerned.

I am not saying we shouldn't change. It is time for a change. I do like the old one but the new one will be nice too.

Comment

I have not heard that SDSU has received a Cease and Desist letter from Time Warner.

Certainly the existence of such a letter, if it were revealed, would drastically change the overall tone of the mascot discussion.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Sorry if I have come across as anti-change. The new logo will be awesome I have no doubt. Just like I love the tiger hawk, the old Iowa Hawkeye is still awesome to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X