Matt Zimmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
    It looks like Michael McCleary is also leaving the Argus to cover the Badgers, so there is currently no sports writer on staff.
    The Summit tourney coverage should be stellar.

Comment

Argus should hire LGR

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
        Argus should hire LGR
        The proofreader would likely resign.

Comment

Sadly, the Argus is likely dead, unless Gannett sells the name to Forum.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Today's edition that is "subscriber only" section found an article from McCleary about the Jackrabbit game. It will likely appear in tomorrow's paper. There are not any Coyote or Jack WBB articles. The entire sports section is AP or USA sourced stories. It will become very short for stories when the Super Bowl is over.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

McCleary is done as well. I don’t think they will even cover the Summit League tourney. I have subscribed to Forum Communications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Yep, writing is in the wall

Comment

I subscribed to Forum this week as well and will be dropping the Argus after a long continuous subscription. Its strange to think of a city the size of Sioux Falls without that type of coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                    I subscribed to Forum this week as well and will be dropping the Argus after a long continuous subscription. Its strange to think of a city the size of Sioux Falls without that type of coverage.
                    Me too, Forum makes sense for me I suppose. I'm much closer to Fargo than Sioux Falls, but the only reason I subscribed was the Jackrabbit coverage and I don't care about the bizun.
                    An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                    US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

The Summit tourney coverage should be stellar.
                      They have Show Me State planning editors on standby

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        Did/will be doing same.

Wonder if Brookings Register would ever be added to Forum empire

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          Today's edition that is "subscriber only" section found an article from McCleary about the Jackrabbit game. It will likely appear in tomorrow's paper. There are not any Coyote or Jack WBB articles. The entire sports section is AP or USA sourced stories. It will become very short for stories when the Super Bowl is over.
                          The Monday morning edition did not have the article by McCleary reviewing the Jack/Bison MBB game. It did not have any articles about the yotes or WBB games online for "subscriber only" or the Monday edition. It did have 3 stories including Super Bowl, MLB, and NHL stamped by AP and USA Today sources. There was zero coverage for South Dakota sports.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

To think that Mitchell has less than a tenth of Sioux Falls' population, yet its paper has three times as many sportswriters as the Sioux Falls one. #UffDah.
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

The papers need to make money. I agree that it totally sucks, but all the people who refuse to pay for the coverage is the big part of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                                The papers need to make money. I agree that it totally sucks, but all the people who refuse to pay for the coverage is the big part of the problem.
                                Problem is the Argus has been so poorly managed the last several years there is nothing there worth paying. The Daily Republic, The American News, The Register each have more content worth buying. The Argus has never been able to overcome loss of their business model when ad dollars moved to internet. It is sad, but no one can expect people to subscribe to a newspaper filled with news that is essentially free on the internet.
                                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                                X