Athletic Facilities Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goon View Post

After reading that, I miss that experience too, lining up hours before the USD game, rushing to get to the stands to get front and center basically right behind the scorers table or next to the opponent bench. We would just heckle and yell at the coach just to be annoying. I miss those old bleachers that went all the way to the floor. really made if feel like it packed in much closer.
    I’m really curious to see if they bring the floor level seating for students back. I really hope they do and in the current sketches, seating does appear to run down to the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

I’m really curious to see if they bring the floor level seating for students back. I really hope they do and in the current sketches, seating does appear to run down to the floor.
      I think for capacity you would need to lower them again. When the raised the lower sections it really ruined the upper bleacher sightlines. I dont think they took that into consideration when they moved those bleachers up 5 feet off the court level. getting lower and closer to the court should help improve the sightlines.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Its my understanding that construction will begin immediately after the basketball season ends.

Comment

Passes 56-11 on the house floor. I assume goes to senate now. I have no idea if it has to hit a senate committee first?

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
            Passes 56-11 on the house floor. I assume goes to senate now. I have no idea if it has to hit a senate committee first?
            Passed senate appropriations and then passed full senate. I assume all it needs is a signature.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              Its my understanding that construction will begin immediately after the basketball season ends.
              I caught an article in The Collegian a week ago. It said construction won't start until after commencement this May. And that it will be a 3 "offseason" project to be all done the fall of 2024. Originally I thought it was supposed to be a 2 year project but a lot of things about this project have changed over the years.

https://sdsucollegian.com/22625/news...ent-club-room/

Comment

https://gojacks.com/news/2022/3/3/ge...hing-gift.aspx
                Spring construction will begin after commencement.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Frost renovation gets the final signature from the governor. https://twitter.com/addisondehaven3/...743940102?s=21

Comment

Midco gets naming rights to a new club section on the South side. Exciting options ahead! https://gojacks.com/news/2022/5/5/ge...a-project.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                      Midco gets naming rights to a new club section on the South side. Exciting options ahead! https://gojacks.com/news/2022/5/5/ge...a-project.aspx
                      damn, I didnt know Craig was the GM at midco, I knew him and was friends with his brother growing up.

I am really curious to see these compelted new arena. hopefully it still has the magic for home court advantage and better sight lines for those in the upper sections.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

damn, I didnt know Craig was the GM at midco, I knew him and was friends with his brother growing up.

I am really curious to see these compelted new arena. hopefully it still has the magic for home court advantage and better sight lines for those in the upper sections.
                        Make it loud, so we can make some noise.
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 05-24-2023, 12:28 PM. Reason: Looking at the artists rendition it looks like solid people fram the floor to the ceiling all the way around the court, I'll bet it'll be really loud when filled to capacity.

Comment

KELO update
                          https://www.keloland.com/top-stories...IamV100LGnZYdU
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Is the Aquatics center also being redone during arena refurbishment? I see USD is getting a new aquatics center.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              Is the Aquatics center also being redone during arena refurbishment? I see USD is getting a new aquatics center.
                              Feels like USD has found a way to upgrade facilities for all of their sports, I still cannot figure out how. It has to be more University dollars for those projects. We still have so sports at are competing at average HS facilities. Softball, Baseball, Soccer, Outdoor Track and the above mentioned Swim and Dive. I haven't heard if the pool is part of First Bank and Trust Arena `but these sports need some upgrades.

Comment

0d8fa32c98ca1110b907604f102669d7.jpg

That'd be cool

Comment

Working...
                                X