Athletic Facilities Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athletic Facilities Announcement

Big announcement coming Monday at 2:00 in Frost about future athletic facilities. Ready to move ahead with Frost renovations ?

The fact that it includes “all facilities” makes me think something more like alcohol sales or something else. It seemed like something more general and less specific to frost, but it can only be good news.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
      The fact that it includes “all facilities” makes me think something more like alcohol sales or something else. It seemed like something more general and less specific to frost, but it can only be good news.
      The tweet show pictures of all sports that play in Frost plus commencement, so that would seem to eliminate alcohol.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

The tweet show pictures of all sports that play in Frost plus commencement, so that would seem to eliminate alcohol.
        I think having a big announcement for just alcohol would be strange. And I guess a frost renovation impacts all facilities. It just seemed to broad in the announcement to be just about Frost. Hope I’m wrong though!

Comment

Gotta be Frost. If it were alcohol sales, that can be done in a news release.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            Gotta be Frost. If it were alcohol sales, that can be done in a news release.
            Looking at it again, that’s got to be what it is.

Comment

If is is Frost, would it be physically possible to complete a major renovation in 8 or 9 months, which would be from the end of one basketball season to the beginning of the next ? That would mean a VB season would have to be played off-campus.

Comment

If is is Frost, would it be physically possible to complete a major renovation in 8 or 9 months, which would be from the end of one basketball season to the beginning of the next ? That would mean a VB season would have to be played off-campus.
                Just play volleyball in the Barn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here are some architectural renderings of what Frost will look like. I am assuming we will need approval this legislative session to break ground. I think they were waiting on major donors to step forward so I assume that is what today’s announcement may entail. Love the atmosphere of Frost but this is long overdue.

https://www.crawfordarch.com/portfol...na-renovation/
                  https://www.eapc.net/project/south-d...s-renovations/

Comment

Is there a link to the announcement as assume it will be a presentation.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      Is there a link to the announcement as assume it will be a presentation.
                      https://gojacks.com/news/2021/9/12/g...nt-monday.aspx
                      YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/sdsuathletics

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

It is a Frost announcement. The plan has always been a 2-year near total remodel. BOR approval process should open up for work to begin next July/August. Will do exterior work and everything possible then do interior work as soon as the 2022-2023 basketball season ends and be ready to go for the start of the 2023-2024 season.

Comment

First Bank & Trust Arena. $20 million donation includes (apparently) naming rights.

I wonder how, if at all, they'll retain "Frost Arena" with the renovation.

I'm oddly relieved that "Sanford" won't be in the name.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Via Twit:

Matt Zimmer

@argusmattz
                              ·
                              3m
                              South Dakota State announces today First Bank & Trust has committed $20 million as the lead gift for a complete renovation of Frost Arena. First Bank & Trust will assume naming rights and it will house men's and women's basketball, volleyball and wrestling.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X