No announcement yet.

Athletic Facilities Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like 5,500 too. Our MBB and WBB teams keep getting better and better yet it's about impossible to get 4,500 people. The WBB game against Oregeon in 2018 only had 2,500. The Saturday afternoon USD game during Daum's senior year only had 4,600. If you can't get 5,000 for that when will you get 5,500?

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post

This is true related to naming rights at the professional level. But I find it difficult to imagine that the naming rights or either DJD Stadium or FB&T Arena will change any time in our lifetimes, unless new facilities would be built.
      I agree with DJD, since that is named after someone. However, FB&T can easily be bought by another company or decide that sponsorship will cost too much (assuming it is on a contract to start) and give it up next time a payment is due. Louisville's basketball arena went from KFC to Yum! due to ownership changes, FB&T could experience that too.

I think FB&T deserves recognition, but I would like it to be more like 'Frost Arena sponsored by FB&T'.
      Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
      -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post

I agree with DJD, since that is named after someone. However, FB&T can easily be bought by another company or decide that sponsorship will cost too much (assuming it is on a contract to start) and give it up next time a payment is due. Louisville's basketball arena went from KFC to Yum! due to ownership changes, FB&T could experience that too.

I think FB&T deserves recognition, but I would like it to be more like 'Frost Arena sponsored by FB&T'.
        I’m pretty sure it’s a 40 year deal and obviously anything can happen but I don’t see FB&T getting bought out.

Comment

Tourists call it Mt. Rushmore Road. Locals call it 8th street. The name a person uses to refer to the remodeled building will instantly give you an idea of their knowledge/history with the program. Everything is going to be alright.
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

SDSU today announced another $10M anonymous donation towards the Frost>>First Bank Arena renovation.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Another $2.6 million raised.
              https://gojacks.com/news/2021/11/23/...ust-arena.aspx

Comment

These recent donations all appear to be primarily from individuals from South Dakota. That says a lot right there. Exciting progress.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                  These recent donations all appear to be primarily from individuals from South Dakota. That says a lot right there. Exciting progress.
                  Even with this, I still don't think we are at the threshold needed to get BOR approval yet this fall. Correct? Or maybe that process/meeting has already come and gone.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

Even with this, I still don't think we are at the threshold needed to get BOR approval yet this fall. Correct? Or maybe that process/meeting has already come and gone.
                    Doesn’t that approval process happen in the legislature, which won’t occur until the legislature opens up.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

Doesn’t that approval process happen in the legislature, which won’t occur until the legislature opens up.
                      I don't think so - it is more of a Regental approval that occurs in the late fall sometime usually. The legislature does have to sign off on it as well but that is usually more of a rubber stamp approval.

Comment

I don't think so - it is more of a Regental approval that occurs in the late fall sometime usually. The legislature does have to sign off on it as well but that is usually more of a rubber stamp approval.
                        Gotcha.
                        Next meeting is In December.
                        https://www.sdbor.edu/the-board/sche...s/default.aspx

Comment

I’ve been told it will be on the BOR agenda for December and we will likely break ground this spring after basketball season is over if all goes well.

Comment

The BOR will approve in December, the SDSU foundation will submit a letter that it can be funded. The BOR will submit a bill with an emergency to the legislature. The emergency requires 2/3 vote to pass from each chamber, but that allows work to start immediately instead of the new funding year (July 1).

Comment

https://gojacks.com/news/2021/12/7/g...hing-gift.aspx

Comment

https://www.sdbor.edu/the-board/agen..._F_BOR1221.pdf Submission to BOR meeting today/tomorrow with full facility plans and details.

Comment

Working...
                                X