SDSU Identity Theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Identity Theft

Saw this posted on the collegian twitter feed.

http://www.sdsucollegian.com/news/ar...a4bcf6878.html

Yikes!

Re: SDSU Identity Theft

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

Yikes!
    It says at the end of the article that it's Matt's wife, Sad Face

Comment

This is a sad situation to say the least. No need to comment on the details in the article.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

Yikes!
        Wow. Stunning. Nearly unbelievable.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

How stupid can you be? How in the hell did she think she was going to get away with it?
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Wow. Just, wow. This is the part of the article I don't understand:

"One card that was opened in March had $28,065.65 in purchases and cash advances on it. When the account was closed, the unpaid balance was $12,159.88. Two more cards opened in September, including one that was used to pay for part of the cruise, had $5,857.90 and $2.271.61 spent on it, although the latter balance has been paid off."

So was she paying down the balances?

Hopefully she had no access to Alumni Association information, or this could be a disaster for SDSU.

Comment

Out of consideration for Matt, whom I consider a good man, I am going to reserve judgement. I can only make a suggestion of restraint for others. So many questions in my mind that aren't likely to have any good answers.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                How stupid can you be? How in the hell did she think she was going to get away with it?
                I dont know that she is stupid as much as she has an illness. I use to do security in a retail store many years ago and some people that were caught for shoplifting had plenty of money to pay for what they stole. I know this it a different situation but the same illness. I hope she gets the help she needs.

Comment

I guess if it's an "illness" it takes away the personal responsibility part of it, huh? Kinda like pleading insanity? She is innocent until proven guilty...I'll give her that. If she is found guilty, she needs to do time.
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I guess if it's an "illness" it takes away the personal responsibility part of it, huh? Kinda like pleading insanity? She is innocent until proven guilty...I'll give her that. If she is found guilty, she needs to do time.
                    Im not saying she shouldnt be responsible for what she did. Im saying, it might be more of an illness than stupidity. And if it is an illness then hopefully she gets the help she needs. And im sure she'll do some time

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      Im not saying she shouldnt be responsible for what she did. Im saying, it might be more of an illness than stupidity. And if it is an illness then hopefully she gets the help she needs. And im sure she'll do some time
                      You probably have a valid point. I just have no time, or compassion, for "thieves".

Comment

Mental illness is one of the most disregarded things in our society and the attitude you displayed in that post is one of the reasons that keeps people from getting the help that they need.

I saw this the other day and it really hit, especially as someone who works in education with MANY different types of kids. If people treated physical illnesses the same way that they treated mental illnesses, it would seem really ridiculous.

Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          Out of consideration for Matt, whom I consider a good man, I am going to reserve judgement. I can only make a suggestion of restraint for others. So many questions in my mind that aren't likely to have any good answers.
                          Ditto.

I would also add that you cannot judge a person only by their worst moments.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Crazy stuff.

I realize several people here probably know them, or at least the husband (I almost wonder if he isn't a poster?), I wonder two things, how, if she was initially busted in Feb, how she was able to get away with it 3 times after that. Also, what the world was she spending the money on to the tune of 38k, that her family and friends didn't seem to notice?

Anyhow, she is obviously having some issues, I hope she can get them worked out.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              Mental illness is one of the most disregarded things in our society and the attitude you displayed in that post is one of the reasons that keeps people from getting the help that they need.
                              Or....maybe, just maybe....people need to be held accountable for their own actions and not blame it on...well, anything. Weird, huh?

Edit: I'm not making light of 'mental illness'...at least I'm not attempting to. It hasn't even been proven that she's guilty, let alone having an 'illness'. Regardless, this is a bad situation.
                              Last edited by jacks1; 12-19-2013, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X