Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Media Deal

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Is it totally ridiculous for SDSU/USD and maybe even SDSU/NDSU games to eventually be broadcast on an ESPN station (2, U, or the Big Dog). We would probably have to schedule the game for an off time, but it would be awesome.
    It could happen if we were playing each other for the Summit League Tittle in March. Otherwise, not likely.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
      Yes, it is totally ridiculous to think that. The rivalry means little to nothing outside of the Dakotas.

Are you sure SDSU/USD won't be on ESPN right before the Duke/NC game?

Comment

Originally posted by couger71 View Post
        Are you sure SDSU/USD won't be on ESPN right before the Duke/NC game?
        Before you roll your eyes too much, ESPNU is showing Siena at Iona tonight. Maine at Stony Brook tomorrow. Hampton at North Carolina A&T and Prairie View A&M at Jackson State on Monday. There must be huge national interest for those games, right?

ESPN2 has Saint Louis at Richmond and North Texas at Western Kentucky tomorrow. Can't wait to see those matchups...

We all know when top 25 teams are playing on national TV, and they play a lot more often than us little guys. But there are plenty of times when ESPNU has worse games than a SDSU/USD game on, and maybe the new media company can leverage that rivalry into some national exposure.

I say if we are willing to schedule the game for an off day/time, we have a better chance than most would think.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          Before you roll your eyes too much, ESPNU is showing Siena at Iona tonight. Maine at Stony Brook tomorrow. Hampton at North Carolina A&T and Prairie View A&M at Jackson State on Monday. There must be huge national interest for those games, right?

ESPN2 has Saint Louis at Richmond and North Texas at Western Kentucky tomorrow. Can't wait to see those matchups...

We all know when top 25 teams are playing on national TV, and they play a lot more often than us little guys. But there are plenty of times when ESPNU has worse games than a SDSU/USD game on, and maybe the new media company can leverage that rivalry into some national exposure.

I say if we are willing to schedule the game for an off day/time, we have a better chance than most would think.
          It's called rivalry week. I think we'll have to make some NCAA tourney appearances before they even cast an eye our way. We're a little ways away from multiple NCAA tourney appearances right now. We need to work on regional coverage, something better than Midco sports.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
          X