Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Media Deal

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Another article detailing the deal. Out of London and written by Rahul Bhatt. Thought these facts (if accurate) were interesting. Rivals of the Pitt Panthers, I like that idea.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/s...utm_medium=rss

The partnership inked between Learfield and SDSU is reportedly more lucrative than other deals penned by Division I rivals including the Pittsburgh Panthers, who agreed a ten-year deal with Learfield worth US$9.5 million and the Southern Illinois Salukis, whose partnership with Learfield was valued at US$5 million over a seven-year period.

The agreement end SDSU’s own handling of its corporate sales and media rights, which reached a value of US$1 million. SDSU, who were elevated to the NCCA Division I in 2004, have reportedly been brokering the deal for several years.
    Congrats on the deal but I think the writer means UNI Panthers. Pitt isn't a Learfield partner but UNI is. Doesn't matter either way, this partnership for SDSU is great.
    Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post
      Congrats on the deal but I think the writer means UNI Panthers. Pitt isn't a Learfield partner but UNI is. Doesn't matter either way, this partnership for SDSU is great.
      That would certainly make more sense . . . on the other hand, if the Big East can invite TCU . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Another article detailing the deal. Out of London and written by Rahul Bhatt. Thought these facts (if accurate) were interesting. Rivals of the Pitt Panthers, I like that idea.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/s...utm_medium=rss

The partnership inked between Learfield and SDSU is reportedly more lucrative than other deals penned by Division I rivals including the Pittsburgh Panthers, who agreed a ten-year deal with Learfield worth US$9.5 million and the Southern Illinois Salukis, whose partnership with Learfield was valued at US$5 million over a seven-year period.

The agreement end SDSU’s own handling of its corporate sales and media rights, which reached a value of US$1 million. SDSU, who were elevated to the NCCA Division I in 2004, have reportedly been brokering the deal for several years.
        Pitt is an IMG/ISP school, he meant UNI.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post
          Certainly makes much more sense.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

http://www.keloland.com/videoarchive...File=013111jim

Comment

I noticed this on the Learfield website...

Sales: Corporate Sponsorship Sales
              Corporate Sales Executive for Learfield Sports - University of South Dakota (Vermillion, SD)
              Learfield Sports, the multimedia rights holder for 52 collegiate institutions and conferences, is actively seeking a Corporate Sales Executive for the University of South Dakota, the official partner of USD athletics.
              Thie Corporate Sales Executive will generate new business via corporate marketing partnerships, specializing in the sales of corporate media, broadcast media, hospitality, promotions and Internet sales. The position is based in Vermillon, South Dakota.

USD must be near closing the deal as well.

Comment

If they want the job done right they'll find a Jackrabit to hire...

Comment

All I know is State needs to get a TV deal done. Not sure what the hold up is...you've got Midco with a sports channel just waiting for some action. Sorry I dont count the replays. Anyone have any news?

Comment

Learfield (consulting with Justin Sell and Leon Costello) is now in charge of figuring out any TV deals. It has to make money, or they won't do it. Remember, they pay SDSU and are betting they can make more than they are paying. So you have to figure they're looking at every possible medium to make money.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by SFJACK View Post
                      All I know is State needs to get a TV deal done. Not sure what the hold up is...you've got Midco with a sports channel just waiting for some action. Sorry I dont count the replays. Anyone have any news?
                      Tom Nieman of Midco said on our show "Calling All Sports" yesterday that the addition of Learfield will take things in a different direction and add another level to the negotiations. I think having Learfield involved will be a good move, but I don't know that Midco is going to be the outlet. It should be interesting to see what transpires.

Comment

The biggest drawback of MidcoSports is that it is only available to Midcontinent subscribers. Midcontinent isn't available in much of rural SD or any of NE Nebr or NW Iowa. Does Midco Sports have any plans to make their signal available to other cable systems?
                        USD Fan

Comment

I wonder if there is any chance we could get a deal with FSN like Oral Roberts has with FCSC?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                            I wonder if there is any chance we could get a deal with FSN like Oral Roberts has with FCSC?
                            With FSN North having both Timberwolves and Wild games,it would be hard to get games broadcast live. Don't know if a tape-delay thing would interest them or SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              Learfield (consulting with Justin Sell and Leon Costello) is now in charge of figuring out any TV deals. It has to make money, or they won't do it. Remember, they pay SDSU and are betting they can make more than they are paying. So you have to figure they're looking at every possible medium to make money.
                              Is it totally ridiculous for SDSU/USD and maybe even SDSU/NDSU games to eventually be broadcast on an ESPN station (2, U, or the Big Dog). We would probably have to schedule the game for an off time, but it would be awesome.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                                Is it totally ridiculous for SDSU/USD and maybe even SDSU/NDSU games to eventually be broadcast on an ESPN station (2, U, or the Big Dog). We would probably have to schedule the game for an off time, but it would be awesome.

Yes, it is totally ridiculous to think that. The rivalry means little to nothing outside of the Dakotas.

Comment

Working...
                                X