Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sell's the man (apparently)

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    There ARE other potential sources for that line. I would note that the assistant sports editor is a USD graduate. He seems like a good guy to me, but who knows?
    I agree JimmyJack but at the end of the day Stu has editorial control over what goes out. He no doubt read it and left it in there.

You and I have both had different opinions on Stu's talent or lack there of. We just have to agree to disagree. I'll say this, with comments like that it is getting harder for you and I to disagree on this topic.

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
      I agree JimmyJack but at the end of the day Stu has editorial control over what goes out.
      That's not how it works. Stu may or may not have read it. Depends on who was in charge of the sports desk at the time, and who laid out the page. You don't think the executive editor of the newspaper reads everything that goes in the paper every day do you? Same with the sports editor. Executive and section editors make big picture decisions about what stories are included and assign stories to reporters. They are involved in decisions about what wire stories and photos to use. But they don't generally read the copy themselves. Assistant editors and copy desk people are responsible for reading and editing the content of those stories.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        There ARE other potential sources for that line. I would note that the assistant sports editor is a USD graduate. He seems like a good guy to me, but who knows?
        Criminentlies, who has made SDSU's MBB program their 'Carthago delenda est'?

Exactly.

If it wasn't written by him, it deserves to be attributed to him. I mean, we've got Mick, Zim, Stu and TV. Of those four, it seems incredibly prejudiced to suggest that Mick penned the line because he's a USD graduate, when we have acres of evidence in support of Stu. Sure -anyone- could've written it, but if you were a betting man.......

(BTW I learned that phrase from Dr. Crain)
        Last edited by zooropa; 05-07-2009, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Anyone listen to the press conference? I didn't know it was available until it was over.
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Video up on the Argus site. Sounds like a great choice!
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post

Niles or Frasier?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                Niles or Frasier?
                YOU missed out on Western Civ with Dr. David Crain?????

That makes you slightly younger or significantly older than me..... Or unfortunate enough to have either missed the pleasure by virtue of poor scheduling or an uninformed choice.

Comment

Official release:

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=3734567

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Hang on guys TV will be back next week and all will be well. I guess this choice was almost a no brainer. Based on the process of elimination, namely two telephone calls to the unsuccessful candidates the announcement will not be a surprise.

As far as the challenges mentioned in the article, they are very real, and our new AD will earn his salary.
                    I agree with facility upgrades as a challenge.
                    The other 2, I don't know about.
                    SDSU's men's basketball team will be picked to be about 4th next year in their conference. I know that's not quite good enough but it's not life or death. They are only getting better.
                    USD and SDSU will be in the same conference in 2 years. I know it doesn't include football but 90% of the sports are taken care of. I guess until football is included, all the whiners will have something to cry about.
                    I don't have much of an opinion of Stu. His job(in my opinion) is to get a reaction and he does that well. He looks for the most negative thing and points it out. If it wasn't for the Men's basketball team, I don't know what he'd complain about. I think he even sees better days ahead but somebody has to stir the pot.

Comment

Exactly.

If it wasn't written by him, it deserves to be attributed to him. I mean, we've got Mick, Zim, Stu and TV. Of those four, it seems incredibly prejudiced to suggest that Mick penned the line because he's a USD graduate, when we have acres of evidence in support of Stu. Sure -anyone- could've written it, but if you were a betting man.......

Yeah, cool reference... I wasn't referring to Mick. He's not a USD graduate. Mick graduated from the University of St. Thomas. Mick is not assistant sports editor.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                        I agree with facility upgrades as a challenge.
                        The other 2, I don't know about.
                        SDSU's men's basketball team will be picked to be about 4th next year in their conference. I know that's not quite good enough but it's not life or death. They are only getting better.
                        USD and SDSU will be in the same conference in 2 years. I know it doesn't include football but 90% of the sports are taken care of. I guess until football is included, all the whiners will have something to cry about.
                        I don't have much of an opinion of Stu. His job(in my opinion) is to get a reaction and he does that well. He looks for the most negative thing and points it out. If it wasn't for the Men's basketball team, I don't know what he'd complain about. I think he even sees better days ahead but somebody has to stir the pot.
                        I confess I really did not read the story too close and as far as the men's bb program its in a healing process right now, and I dont think Mr. Sell will be making a coaching change, but the other things that face us are real. I see by the Q & A, that the key people at USD are on a fund raising mission. Something that will also be important at SDSU, but again there is something of a successful past to build. Our neighbors as JJ alluded to have probably bigger challanges. I think Mr Sell is excited and ready to assume the job. I look forward to meeting him.

Comment

Exactly.

Yeah Mick isn't the assistant sports editor, that would be Michael Klinski, who teaches at least 2 classes at SDSU, sports writing and editing. There are other people on the staff besides Mick, Zimmer, Stu and TV.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                            Yeah Mick isn't the assistant sports editor, that would be Michael Klinski, who teaches at least 2 classes at SDSU, sports writing and editing. There are other people on the staff besides Mick, Zimmer, Stu and TV.
                            D'OH. I knew that from reading his blog. At any rate, preponderance of evidence suggests Stu, but with 'staff reports' who knows?

Comment

YOU missed out on Western Civ with Dr. David Crain?????

That makes you slightly younger or significantly older than me..... Or unfortunate enough to have either missed the pleasure by virtue of poor scheduling or an uninformed choice.
                              I missed out on Crain in Western Civ (because I took it with Fischer), but I did get the privilege of being in his Nazi Germany course! He's was a good teacher and very entertaining as well.

My apologies for the thread drift.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Aside from zoopaloop's interest in Stu and conspiracy theories and thread drift, there is a new athletic director. Sell appears to be highly capable and wasn't afraid to tell it like it is during today's press conference. He is a family-oriented guy and should be a good trail blazer at State. Now can we stay on the topic of the new athletic director?

Comment

Working...
                                X