Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sell's the man (apparently)

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...30/1002/SPORTS

He arrives at a challenging time for SDSU, with looming issues that include facility upgrades, the state of the men's basketball program and calls for a rekindled rivalry with the University of South Dakota.

Whatevs, Stu.

Re: Sell's the man (apparently)

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
    What a gas-bag.Too bad TV is on vacation when this is all going down.

Comment

TV is not on "vacation" he is on furlough i.e. unpayed leave. But the timing is unfortunate. The big question is do SDSU fans just read anything about SDSU or do they only read the SDSU articles by Terry Vandrovec. I for one am not reading anything on-line this week.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
        TV is not on "vacation" he is on furlough i.e. unpayed leave. But the timing is unfortunate. The big question is do SDSU fans just read anything about SDSU or do they only read the SDSU articles by Terry Vandrovec. I for one am not reading anything on-line this week.
        Well, if there wasn't such a monstrously large quality gap between TV & Mick's stuff and Stu's......

Comment

Thats a Staff Report so it doesn't mean Stu wrote that section. Unless is name is on the byline you can't really blame it on him

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
            Thats a Staff Report so it doesn't mean Stu wrote that section. Unless is name is on the byline you can't really blame it on him
            Yeah, I'm feeling pretty safe in my conclusion. Neither Mick nor Zim have a history of carping about MBB at State, Stu, however, can't seem to shut up about it.

Nor do I think Mick or Zim would describe SDSU's current state of affairs as 'challenging.'

Comment

He arrives at a challenging time for SDSU, with looming issues that include facility upgrades, the state of the men's basketball program and calls for a rekindled rivalry with the University of South Dakota.
              It's a wonder anyone even applied.
              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Hang on guys TV will be back next week and all will be well. I guess this choice was almost a no brainer. Based on the process of elimination, namely two telephone calls to the unsuccessful candidates the announcement will not be a surprise.

As far as the challenges mentioned in the article, they are very real, and our new AD will earn his salary.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                  It's a wonder anyone even applied.
                  I'm trying to decide my reaction to all of the intractable problems at SDSU . . . eye roll, or facepalm?
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    As far as the challenges mentioned in the article, they are very real, and our new AD will earn his salary.
                    No doubt. But to me, the positives and opportunities far, far outweigh the threats presented by the challenges.
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I'm guessing there's not an athletic program in the country that doesn't have "looming facility upgrades" to deal with. And I'm guessing there are several hundred men's basketball programs that aren't as successful as athletic directors would like them to be. As far as "rekindling a rivalry," what's challenging about that? Schedule and play. Joel Nielsen has exactly the same challenges, and then some. I'm thinking we'll all get through this.

Cripes, what a stupid, pointless sentence.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I though the exact same thing when I read it... oh well... pretty sad that even when he doesn't sign his name to things you know it was him.

Comment

Some 'Yote fans on hear claim that USD is trying to follow the UNI model for success. How ironic that SDSU hires the assistant AD from UNI?

But on a serious note, Sell will fit in great with the Missouri Valley Football Conference and could be a great ambassador for us getting a serious look from the Missouri Valley Conference down the road.

Another great day to be a Jackrabbit!!!

Go State!!!
                          Go Jacks!!!
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                            I though the exact same thing when I read it... oh well... pretty sad that even when he doesn't sign his name to things you know it was him.
                            That's Stu-pid for ya. Using his editorial skills. There just any need at all for that to be in there.

I'll guarantee you he put that in there just to get us going on this board and is lurking here somewhere and having a good chuckle. The thing that is funny is that he just doesn't get that the joke is on him.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                              That's Stu-pid for ya. Using his editorial skills. There just any need at all for that to be in there.

I'll guarantee you he put that in there just to get us going on this board and is lurking here somewhere and having a good chuckle. The thing that is funny is that he just doesn't get that the joke is on him.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                              There ARE other potential sources for that line. I would note that the assistant sports editor is a USD graduate. He seems like a good guy to me, but who knows?
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X