Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cowbells at Football Games in 2008?

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    Honestly, I loved ringing my cowbell, but I really don't miss it.
    With 37 consecutive years of ringing my real (right from a farm) cowbell, I now feel like I was in an accident and had my right arm amputated, whenever I go to a game.

Still believe it is crazy that football, of all the sports we have, has a conference rule against artificial noisemakers. That's not true of all conferences, so I lament the MVFC rule. Luckily, my vocal cords are still all attached! GO JACKS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      With 37 consecutive years of ringing my real (right from a farm) cowbell, I now feel like I was in an accident and had my right arm amputated, whenever I go to a game.

Still believe it is crazy that football, of all the sports we have, has a conference rule against artificial noisemakers. That's not true of all conferences, so I lament the MVFC rule. Luckily, my vocal cords are still all attached! GO JACKS!!
      I can understand why you would feel that way if it you have been doing it for 37 years. I had only been doing it for 2 years, so it wasn't nearly as big a deal for me.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Can everyone line up outside the fence and ring cowbells there? If it is outside of the game would that not mitigate the rule?

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
          Can everyone line up outside the fence and ring cowbells there? If it is outside of the game would that not mitigate the rule?
          I'll only volunteer to do that if I can have a bottle of beer in one hand while peeing in the trees.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            I'll only volunteer to do that if I can have a bottle of beer in one hand while peeing in the trees.
            Absolutely just made my day. I'm going to be smiling for a while
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              If you're outside the fenceline, why stop at cowbell? Go big or go home...

*oughta make you famous

Comment

Bwhaha! This thread delivers!
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                X