Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD/AUGIE RIVALS?

SC fan:
    Many of us will miss the trips to St Cloud and Mankato with a night over in the twin cities or some place in the area. Hallenbeck has been a hard place to win at and I think you have a class coach Schnagel, who did turn down the USD job just before Dave Boots was hired.

I guess the stickler is D1 Hockey. It seems to have driven a wedge into the heart of the NCC. Those who have it dont want to take on a bigger risk by moving to D1AA, and those who dont have hockey, UNC, SDSU and NDSU, are not confortable in the long run (20 years) by staying D2. Who knows the SCSU-SDSU series may not be over.

Well as far as Mueller, I dont think I need to say any more about that guy. His father was his high school coach and seems to have encouraged arrogance to the final degree. So we might say he is a case of bad parenting.

Comment

I agree with all of the above. I too will miss the trips to both Mankato and St. Cloud. The Basketball facility at Mankato is first class and the St. Cloud gym has history but lacks good site lines from the balcony. My understanding is that St. Cloud is building a new football stadium which is sorely needed. I like nothing better than when SDSU sticks it to Josh Mueller. He would have never fit on a Scott Nagy team. I do feel Augie is going to be improved in Basketball this year.

Comment

augie has to be improved....
        There was nowhere else to go......
        GO STATE !

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
          NCC Fan,

I can understand your lack of confidence in our program's ability to draw without the likes of you.  After all you have brought sooooo many people to Brookings the last few years.   :  Rather then worry about how we are going to fill our stands (I think we have plans in place to do just that), I would be worrying how you are going to replace SDSU and NDSU on your schedule.  More big drawing schools like Lincoln University of Jefferson City, MO.  Enrollment of 2,500.  This school is the poster child for why SDSU and NDSU are getting out of D II.  Nice way to finish up your season.  At least you won't run out of hot dogs!

Go State!
          I would like to apologize to our friends at USD.  I said that their opponent, Lincoln University, was the poster child for why SDSU and NDSU are getting out of D II.  Lincoln University turns out to be a giant school with its 2,500 enrollment.  UND is playing Newberry from South Carolina.  They have 750 students and according to a newpaper article from the Sioux page they beleive the way to get students is through athletics.  Of their 750 students 275 are at Newberry because of athletics.  That is 36% of their student body.  Ladies and Gentlemen we have a winner!  All I can say is nice scheduling Sioux, I am sure it will fill the stands.

Go SDSU!

Comment

Any news on whether USD will be on the football schedule. Hopefully the new AD will get sensible and sign a 2 year deal with 2004 in Brookings and 2005 in Sioux Falls. If they choose not to play so be it and we move on. USD needs the Jacks far more than the other way around.

Comment

Working...
            X