DI Conference Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DI Conference Hunt

If it's not Poly or Davis who is the 5th school? My hunch is UND.

Comment

We know there are at least 5 schools, we don't know (and may never know) that there are not more. Since UND is a known possibility, I don't think Fullerton would be worried about keeping the other schools confidential if it was only UND.

Comment

Every once and awhile I get that "used car" feel when I read statements made by Fullerton.  "Ya we got another couple coming in to look at this beauty this afternoon.  So what do you think?"   Maybe it's just me.  :-/  

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
          Every once and awhile I get that "used car" feel when I read statements made by Fullerton.  "Ya we got another couple coming in to look at this beauty this after noon.  So what do you think?"   Maybe it's just me.  :-/  

Go State!  ;D
          Thats where I've heard his song and dance before. I think he sold me an old Tahoe once using that "you need me more than I need you" approach. I'd like to hear the opinions of several of the presidents after this meeting, not justs Fullerton's spin on it.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I wonder if KWSN will be breaking and news on this story.  The meeting should be letting out before they go on the air.  

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Fullerton stated in an earlier interview that some schools may not be publicly mentioned for whatever reasons, and they would respect that until a certain point in the process. This is supposedly that point, so they might be made public.

It might be interesting how many schools are under consideration. Obviously, there are the four schools that have publicly shown interest and are DI, and UND as well. Roger Thomas of UND said there were about 12 schools that the Big Sky sent letters out to see if they may show interest in the Big Sky, besides the four schools already showing interest. So, we might be talking about 16 or so possibilities.

Comment

http://www.bigskyconf.com/article.asp?articleid=64596

Go to this site. Bad news.

Comment

This makes absolutely no sense to not even get an on-campus visit. I think all the criteria the Big Sky indicated would be used was window dressing and it all came down to distance. UNC is not half the school that SDSU and NDSU are in academics or athletics. I hate the thought of having to look again to the Mid-Cont but may be the only option. This is truly stunning news. Maybe the SDSU/NDSU combination is too intimidating for some of these Big Sky schools. Too hell with the Big Sky!

Comment

Anyone feel like having a cocktail?  WOW didn't see that coming!

Comment

Montana State fans seem to be stunned as well.

http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatboard/...pic.php?t=1291

I am shocked. :-/ >

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                        Montana State fans seem to be stunned as well.

http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatboard/...pic.php?t=1291

I am shocked. :-/ >
                        Absolutely disgusted with this decision. I honestly don't understand how in the world they could ever justify this decision. Was looking forward to a rivalry with SDSU, had a blast at this year's game.

Comment

More reaction from Big Sky fans.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/cgi-...mp;thread=7869

Comment

As some of the UM fans have stated the Presidents seem to be all worked up about media markets .  What have they gotten from Portland and Sacremento? Nothing to speak of.  This is crazy, but what do I know. ??? Travel costs? How many miles is it from Missoula or Bozement to Portland and Sacremento. They dont travel by bus that is certain. Very disappointed. I anxious to hear what the NDSU/SDSU administrations have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
                              As some of the UM fans have stated the Presidents seem to be all worked up on media markets.  What have they gotten from Portland and Sacremento? Nothing to speak of.  This is crazy, but what do I know. ???

Hate to say it but, it looks like history is repeating itself. Anyone remember hearing about the WAC added 6 schools in 1996, all of which were major media markets: Dallas, Houston, San Francisco, Las Vegas, and Oklahoma City-Tulsa areas? Three years later, a "divorce" happened!

It's been my experience that University presidents aren't the smartest people in the world!

Unless something truly bizarre happens, Northern Colorado will be the only school joining the Big Sky.

As for SUU, you'll probably never see an invite from the Big Sky.

Comment

Looks as if someone pissed in our cheerios for the next couple days. >
                                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                                X