Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: License plates and flags too

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    Anyone can get them. You just have to go to your local courthouse and get non-profit/organizational license plates. Those likely cost a little extra, JackMD can likely help us on that part.

Then all you have to do is contact the alumni office to get some stickers. Those are quite spendy for just two stickers but the money is going towards our great university! I want to say around $30 but I'm not quite sure on that either.
    $30 bucks for 2 decals, goes towards the alumni association fund. I don't think the organizational plates cost me anything extra. Might have, I just didn't care.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
      Anyone can get them. You just have to go to your local courthouse and get non-profit/organizational license plates. Those likely cost a little extra, JackMD can likely help us on that part.

Then all you have to do is contact the alumni office to get some stickers. Those are quite spendy for just two stickers but the money is going towards our great university! I want to say around $30 but I'm not quite sure on that either.

This should help:

http://www.statealum.com/s/357/image...te%20ad-72.pdf

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
        If you are going to get them, I would suggest doing it soon. I heard they are going to be doing away with the program. (The state that is)
        I am not sure, but I believe that bill was defeated.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
          If you are going to get them, I would suggest doing it soon. I heard they are going to be doing away with the program. (The state that is)
          The State was toying with the idea of doing away with vanity/personalized plates (you know like -- IM4SDSU or 2FAST) not organizational (like South Dakota State or Ducks Unlimited). However, I don't believe they took any action even on the personalized. So get your SDSU organizational plates and drive with pride!

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
            The State was toying with the idea of doing away with vanity/personalized plates (you know like -- IM4SDSU or 2FAST) not organizational (like South Dakota State or Ducks Unlimited). However, I don't believe they took any action even on the personalized. So get your SDSU organizational plates and drive with pride!

Go State!
            Thank you for the correction. Look forward to seeing you down here in Yankton on March 18...

Comment

For those of you that have not make it to the book store for the New Apparel, the bookstore has updated it site with links.

New Logo
              http://www.sdstatebookstore.com/shop...catalog_id=164

Nike
              http://www.sdstatebookstore.com/shop...catalog_id=164

I like the new flags and the prices!! If memory serves me correctly the old flags in the bookstore were close to $50.00. The new ones are under $25.00. I hope they have plenty in stock. Football (tailgating) is coming.
              We...ARE...STATE!
              SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

I keep seeing more and more SDSU license plates on the road, which is a cool thing to see. 89rabbit, out of curiosity, do have any idea SDSU license plates (decal) have been purchased and are on the road?
                We...ARE...STATE!
                SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Sorry it took so long to respond, I have been out of town for some time now and am getting ready to head out again, but I will look into this and get back to you.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
                    I keep seeing more and more SDSU license plates on the road, which is a cool thing to see. 89rabbit, out of curiosity, do have any idea SDSU license plates (decal) have been purchased and are on the road?
                    My wife got me the plates and SDSU stickers as a surprise when we got our new car this January. I love the plates. I just wish I could get rid of all the numbers on there and put a great big aggressive Jackrabbit log on there. (My kids call it the evil Jackrabbit, I have to correct them to say that it is aggressive, not evil).
                    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                      My wife got me the plates and SDSU stickers as a surprise when we got our new car this January. I love the plates. I just wish I could get rid of all the numbers on there and put a great big aggressive Jackrabbit log on there. (My kids call it the evil Jackrabbit, I have to correct them to say that it is aggressive, not evil).
                      I prefer to refer to the look as one of determination. Determined to make a first down, make a tackle, pop a 3, win the race, win the conference, win the championship, etc.... Thats just the way I refer to him.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                        If I lived in SD I would definitely have these plates. What I hope the Bookstore comes out with soon, is a license plate with just the logo on it for those of us who only need one plate on the back. Tons of people in Kansas have a KU or K-State plate on the front. Not to mention, numerous other schools are represented as well on cars all across Kansas. That's what I am hoping for. My girlfriend has an Iowa plate with the Tiger Hawk on it. Just as an example...

http://jayhawkspirit.com/licenseplates.html

A mean jackrabbit plate would look great.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I believe SDSU has a novelty plate, but not 100% sure

http://www.sdstatebookstore.com/shop...oduct_list.asp
                          We...ARE...STATE!
                          SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Thank you. I missed that.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Scheel's in Sioux Falls has one too. It's different than what the bookstore has.
                              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                              X