License plates and flags too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: License plates and flags too

Just got back from Christmas and had this update in the email. It is my understanding that SD goes by the year purchased, not expires, so that in 2005 we will be getting new tags only, and in 2006 we will get new plates. Best bet is to check with at your county courthouse or the State DMV. Here is the message from Jim Spiers:

I am happy to report that we are fully “geared-up” to take SDSU license plate orders. You will see an ad in the next issue of STATE Magazine, after which I expect we will see many orders. The STATE plates will be a nice compliment to vehicles sporting SDSU hitch covers!

For now, you can view information regarding the plates on our web site: www.statealum.com.

The web page describes the process to purchase the SDSU decals from our office and how to obtain “organizational plates” from the state. Please note that a $10.00 fee will be charged above any standard motor vehicle registration fees. Before it was believed that certain renewals would not need to pay the $10.00 fee. I found out today that is not the case. Any person ordering organizational plates for the first time will be charged the $10.00 fee.

If alumni/friends have questions regarding the SD organizational plates, they will need to contact their county courthouse or the state division of motor vehicles. Beyond selling the decals, we have no authority in regards to the actual plates.

Also, the cost for 4 decals is $50.00. It is our purpose to supply 4 decals so alumni will have a 2nd set when the state likely issues new license plates next year.

I thought you would appreciate knowing this information Patrick. If you have any questions, let me know.

Best!

Jim

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Here is the link to the license plates, wish I lived in SD. :'(

http://www3.sdstate.edu/AlumniFounda...ates/Index.cfm

Go State! ;D

Comment

That plate is very cool !! On another note, the SDSU bookstore has a new flag/banner design for the front of your houses, Its very nice, It has the "Jacks" script and "South Dakota State University" printed on it. Its the standard 40X27 size. Only drawback is it's price -around $50. Scheels in Sioux Falls has the stretched "SD" logo flags as well - $24.95.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
          That plate is very cool !! On another note, the SDSU bookstore has a new flag/banner design for the front of your houses, Its very nice, It has the "Jacks" script and "South Dakota State University" printed on it. Its the standard 40X27 size. Only drawback is it's price -around $50. Scheels in Sioux Falls has the stretched "SD" logo flags as well - $24.95.
          Damn, I was in S. Falls and didn't pick up a flag, damn, damn, damn!!!
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Just a reminder that the license plate decals for SD plates are now available. I have mine on my car and they look great. I encourage others to get a set also. The organizational plates are $10 at the county treasurer's office. The decal is $50 available at the alunmi office. But they give you four so you can put two on your current license plate and have two left for the new plates we will probably get next year. I think they are going to be pushed in the next edition of the alunmi magazine.

More details are available earlier on this thread.

If I remember correctly, they were the idea of someone on this board.

Comment

any way I could swing one of those on a Wisconsin plate?
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Depends on what you want to say when your local finest pull you over.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I'm starting to see the plates around. You can't really make out what it is if you are driving behind, unless you are right on their bumper. Maybe if they dropped the words...

Still looks nice though.

Comment

Anyone now if the decals are still available? I've got a new vehicle with organizational plates, now I need the decals. I can't find them on the SDSU websites. Any help is appreciated.

BTW, I was pulled over out in Spearfish by a HP 2 weekends ago. He noticed my SDSU plates, Jacks hitch plug and SDSUFans.com bumper sticker. Turns out he played FB at USD in the early 90's. Just so happens one of my fellow med students played with him. I got a warning and he directed me to the restaurant I was trying to find (Roma's, decent, not great but decent).
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      Anyone now if the decals are still available? I've got a new vehicle with organizational plates, now I need the decals. I can't find them on the SDSU websites. Any help is appreciated.

BTW, I was pulled over out in Spearfish by a HP 2 weekends ago. He noticed my SDSU plates, Jacks hitch plug and SDSUFans.com bumper sticker. Turns out he played FB at USD in the early 90's. Just so happens one of my fellow med students played with him. I got a warning and he directed me to the restaurant I was trying to find (Roma's, decent, not great but decent).
                      To get your stickers you have to contact the alumni office. I know you can pay for them there and get them. I'm sure they will mail them to you. And as far as I know, they are still available.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                        To get your stickers you have to contact the alumni office. I know you can pay for them there and get them. I'm sure they will mail them to you. And as far as I know, they are still available.
                        I sent them an e-mail just before I posted my question. Just waiting for their reply. I think thats how I did it before but that was 2 long years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          I sent them an e-mail just before I posted my question. Just waiting for their reply. I think thats how I did it before but that was 2 long years ago.
                          They just replied, the decals are in the mail.

Comment

So what's the scoop on the SDSU license plates...can any regular joe like myself get them? Or do you have to be alumni? Do they cost extra?
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by rodrawks View Post
                              So what's the scoop on the SDSU license plates...can any regular joe like myself get them? Or do you have to be alumni? Do they cost extra?
                              Anyone can get them. You just have to go to your local courthouse and get non-profit/organizational license plates. Those likely cost a little extra, JackMD can likely help us on that part.

Then all you have to do is contact the alumni office to get some stickers. Those are quite spendy for just two stickers but the money is going towards our great university! I want to say around $30 but I'm not quite sure on that either.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                                Anyone can get them. You just have to go to your local courthouse and get non-profit/organizational license plates. Those likely cost a little extra, JackMD can likely help us on that part.

Then all you have to do is contact the alumni office to get some stickers. Those are quite spendy for just two stickers but the money is going towards our great university! I want to say around $30 but I'm not quite sure on that either.
                                If you are going to get them, I would suggest doing it soon. I heard they are going to be doing away with the program. (The state that is)

Comment

Working...
                                X