25th Annual Stan Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 25th Annual Stan Marshall

I didn't see any final numbers from the weekend, but there are some photos from the Stan Marshall currently on gojacks.com.

Comment

Matt Einspahr was on the Sports Show on Depot Radio in Brookings on Monday 6/13/05 and I believe he said the auction raised just inder $79,000 (might have been just under $78,000) and the Golf tournament on Saturday had 55 teams playing (five person teams I believe). Both were records. I am not sure how much the money the golf portion makes. Anyway good to hear that it was another successful event.

Make plans now to attend the 26th Annual Stan Marshall Scholarship Auction and Golf Classic the weekend of June 2-3, 2006, in Brookings
      We...ARE...STATE!
      SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Here is the report on the Stan Marshall event from News at State.  Another record fund raising event.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/SDSU/NewsDet...cfm?ID=46,4361

Stan Marshall raises record amount
        The 25th Annual Stan Marshall Scholarship Auction and Golf Classic, presented by MetaBank, raised a record amount of $141,430 to benefit student-athletes at South Dakota State University.

More than 600 people attended the scholarship auction on June 3 at the Swiftel Center to set a new attendance record. The next day, a record 53 teams competed in the golf classic at Brookings Country Club. The five-man team of Tim Burns, Cody Bozied, Steve Chappell, Matt Kurtenbach and Scott Lanam won the scramble golf tournament, while Jackrabbit men’s basketball coach Scott Nagy won the celebrity individual golf title.

The 26th Annual Stan Marshall weekend is scheduled for June 2-3, 2006, in Brookings.

I will see if I can find how much the event raised last year.  My understanding is that there were about 400 at last years event compared with 600 this year.  

Comment

I just found the report on this board from last year's Stan Marshall. $118,000 was raised. This year's $141,000 is about a 20% increase. Not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
            From today's Argus article about what is going on at USD:

Dinner auction set

Using the theme "Celebrating 116 Years of Coyote Football," USD will host its annual dinner auction at 6 p.m., Friday, June 3 at the Sioux Falls Convention Center.

Featured guests will include former Baltimore Colts All-Pro defensive tackle Ordell Braase; Matt Chatham, a linebacker and special teams standout for the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots, and former NFL player Robb White, among others. KSFY co-anchor Nancy Naeve, a 1990 graduate of USD, will serve as master of ceremonies.

The money raised from the auction will help support scholarships. Tables of 10 are being sold for $500 while individual tickets may be purchased for $60. The auction will feature 125 silent auction items and 20 live auction items, including sports memorabilia and trips."

End of quote
            My Comment:
            Imitation is indeed flattery.

I wonder how much this auction pulled in? I'm sure USD officials will say $142,000, so it can be $1,000 more than SDSU (much like they would do with attendence #'s :).
            I find it funny how this had significant media attention--in the argus and on the news for 2 days (Nancy Naeve hosted it). But I didn't see much about the Stan Marshall and it continues to grow in success ;D

Comment

The USD athletics home page says 400 attended the Coyote auction compared to SDSU's 600. It doesn't say how much money was raised. See link below.

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74
                The USD athletics home page says 400 attended the Coyote auction compared to SDSU's 600.  It doesn't say how much money was raised.  See link below.

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/
                That is a pretty good showing for a D-II school. Congrats to the Yotes.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Working...
                X